Spot On cleaning

Re: Defamatory Letter
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 12:10:12 am »
Same with me in 2002. A lady phones up saying about advertising on an office wall planner, with money going to kids charity. As i've got a load of kids, i think good.

I paid £167 and was sent two wall planners, one of which was requested i sent back. No work from it.

The next year they kept pestering me and said the advert was layed out and payment was required. I threatened them with trading standards then heard no more.

Forget these, business cards in shops, tv adverts in waiting rooms etc.  All a con

Dave

Boston Spa Cleaning Services

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 09:41:12 pm »
same thing as me the wall planner said yes to begin with but changed our minds then 2 or 3 weeks later we got demand for the money we owed rang them told them to get lost not heard from them since

MrsMeredith

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 07:44:01 am »
That is so uncanny!, this past week i have had a phone call from 4 people on 4 separate days @ approx same time! and its just like what spot on cleaninf and spa cleaning have described!

They say they are from a certain charity, eg: stop bullying! , the emergency services and sick kids !! they offer the advertising via a wall planner or magazine and the prices are quite steep. In each case I heard them all out and then took their name and name of the company, it seems that the number they call from are "dead" when i ring back to verify?? Strange,,,,anyway i have declined every offer form the 4 individuals and will never be using them,,,i asked for proof of what i get for my money/adverts and 3 outof the 4 could not provide it.

I would suggest steer clear! I am sticking to my local newspaper ads, website, fliers and good old word of mouth!

Tracey.