domestic bliss

What would you do??
« on: February 08, 2006, 10:23:59 pm »
I have a customer who i have been cleaning for fortnightly for 2 years. Ever scince i have cleaned for her i have put up with her constantly changing days round and constantly changing how many hours she wants for me too clean her house.
Unfortunatly she has resisted my change of business instead of one women band i now have a lady helping me that way i get more jobs done.  Her problem 3 days after a clean is that she is not happy with the clean she says the house has not been dusted i know it has been done because i ran my finger over the surfaces to check my lady had done it properley.  i asked he why she didn't tell me on the day and that i could have come back to check and she told me that she didn't notice untill today because the sunwas shining directley on the surfaces.  Well to be honest when the sun shines my tv becomes dusty again.  she has now said that i am not to have staff at her house only me.  i am so p***ed off with her because i have bent over backwards to accomadate her over the years i feel like telling her to get another cleaner.  Sorry for it to be so long winded but what would you do???? ???

preston powerblast

Re: What would you do??
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 10:51:30 pm »
Youve got to ask youself can you do without her custom.
If the answer is yes then do just that, or lay down some rules.
Tell her you have now got staff and you are going to take a back seat.
Thats the best thing about being self employed, you call the shots.
She sounds like a messer to me.
We all have customers like this and you will never please them no matter what you do.
Good luck, whatever you decide.
                                             Gary

bluesky1

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 11:47:25 pm »
Hi I would not put up with this,from my point of view If you give into these demands she will have more around the corner.People like this are not worth bovering with they will always have some complaint.
If you are not having to respond to her demands it will at least give you more time to find a more appreciative customer.You will probably find she comes back to you when your competitors get fed up with her.This can then be on your terms good luck.

domestic bliss

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 07:35:37 am »
Thanks both of you for answering my question.
That has made up my mind,  I allready have a job lined up to replace her so i will not be doing anymore cleaning for her. Apparently she had alot of problems with the company previous to me and i think they got rid of her so i think i have done well putting up with her for 2 years.

steve massey

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 08:26:00 am »
We have a customer just like that she is never happy so as soon as we get some work to replace her she will be gone

shelton

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 12:02:08 pm »
Yeah, had one like this too.

She was more after a housekeeper than a cleaner, we were doing silver, scrubbing her front step, doing her brass . . . a complete pain in the neck.

We'd got to the point where her money (4 hours a week) was certainly useful, but by no means make or break, so we binned her off with the line that we wanted to concentrate on the commercial side.

Nice old bird, just stuck in her ways and a bit old fashioned, so we didn't want to be too brutal!

lynngc

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 02:26:26 pm »
shelton,
that lady sounds like the one i had last week, she asked me to polish her brass/silver ornaments, i told her that i did not provide that service, as well as move her grand piano.
think she wanted a butler not a cleaner.

lynn
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.