williamgdent

Whats more important in a gutter vac
« on: October 30, 2012, 09:36:21 pm »
Hey guys i need to buy a new vac but need some advice first,

Is the water lift or the CFM the most important figure when looking for a vac.

CFM Cubic ft of air it moves

Water lift is the static vac  force i believe.

And has anyone seen or heard of this one and your thoughts please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LqxGp1NrqM

Bill

BDCS

Re: Whats more important in a gutter vac
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:25:35 pm »
I was using the 4200 watt Omni but that broke and I'm now using a 3000 watt CFM which is FAR better than the Omni http://www.cfmindustrialvacuums.co.uk/CFM_SOL3000_Industrial_Vacuum.shtml
The bin has the drain valve and drops from under the vacuum head and is just about the right size to fill a bin bag.
I would have thought the power would be the defining figure but proved that wrong when I changed to the cfm which was made in 1994 and had had a hard life before I dragged it out of the skip at the factory where I used to work. I'm using the alloy Omni tubes at present but have just bought carbon tubes but I still use the power pole to uproot the roof gardens. I also use a 6 hp pressure washer with the power pole to clear swan necks and clean facias and soffits.
A big brute is also a good option if you can find a s/h machine

williamgdent

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:39:50 am »
Well Guys

Still no answers there answers. 

Airflow water suction which is the most important figure.

Does anyone know if we can run two vacs into one pole with a y spliter to double the suction.

Bill

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 01:14:08 am »
Yes, I have seen it, its American and as such will probably be 110 v.

Airflow and water lift are like flow and pressure - inversely proportional but as I said its the wattage that counts. I'd buy a decent machine that has got a proper importer and that you can buy spares for. Upkeeper used to push a petrol machine but that was bulky and never really took off - there was one on e bay recently for £2200. Look at the big brute website and their machine vids are more impressive but the machine is bulky. You can sensibly run 3000 watts on a 3 pins plug - anymore and you'll need a generator.
 Maybe try the window section as its been tumbleweed on here recently

williamgdent

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 01:24:00 am »
I am in Canada and there are almost no machines here.

Most are 1400 w and the biggest is 2400.

We clean lots of gutters with the small vacs to 3 stories but have picked up some 4/5 story jobs that will pay really well.

British vacs will not run on our electric and everything here is too small.

Will get about 3000 pounds per building so i have money to spend.  Already use Gardiners base sections to reach 60 ft i just need more suck.

Bill

williamgdent

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 01:25:47 am »
Could i buy two 2400 w vacs with a y splitter

Anyone know if this will work.

Bill