farkam

Re: canvassing and canvassing
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 01:37:24 am »
not canvassing anymore, enough is enough...let others do for you or it is always better to buy established round rather than going every bloody day out for canvassing... ;D

Fast 1 *

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 08:07:19 am »
yes,but the advantages of getting your own work far outweigh buying it.i wouldnt pay 3 and a half times the cost for possibly underpriced work.If you get stuck in,it doesnt take that long.
wildstyles

ecowasher

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 10:59:48 am »
.... its school holidays -  mums are at home!  get knocking through the day if you have the time.

I have found that in the evenings blokes are more likely to answer the door,  and they find it easier to dismiss you without really listening. 

Daytime knocking while mums are at home is more fruitful in my area.  (you will find that the women make most of the 'home' based decisions anyway.).

Grant.

Beer!

Fast 1 *

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 03:09:48 pm »
ive just been canvessing and only got 1 small front only job for £5 every 4 weeks.I was a bit disheartened,as i thought id get more.still,never mind.
wildstyles

geefree

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 09:20:55 am »
hi,
how long did you canvass for?

pylofm

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 08:14:51 pm »
Good luck to all that are just starting up, (myself included), keep us all posted how you are getting on, it is good to know others are in the same 'boat'.

Aprox 500 leaflets out yesterday and today.....4 calls (2 on same street), 3 quotes to do next week...

;D Dave.

geefree

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 09:09:04 pm »
YES.. keep it up guys cos god knows you are all inspiring me.  thank you,...... ps. well done dave.

gary.

petski2

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 10:12:08 pm »
Gary,I constantly get calls from Eastmoor estate saying they need a window cleaner.We dont need any more residential so get up there mate. ;)

geefree

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 12:17:00 am »
thanks pete., is the estate ok for payers , or dont you know.... mind you i can give it a damn good go,

gary.

petski2

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 12:32:07 am »
Read you emails young man. ;D

Fast 1 *

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2006, 11:03:02 am »
hi,
how long did you canvass for?
only a couple of hours.But i do find constant rejection can get you down.Sometimes you start off really optimistic,then by the end of it you feel like sh**.Its so much better if you do it with a friend,or another window cleaner,as this keeps your spirits up,you can have a laugh,and it adds a competitive element to it.I am going through a stage of absolutely hating knocking at the moment,and have been doing building work to increase my income.The good thing is with window cleaning is building a round is inevitable,it has to happen over time.Sometimes you do a leaflet drop,and seven months later you get a phone call from it.Plus word of mouth will bring in work.So dont be too disheartened,it will happen in the end.
wildstyles

geefree

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 12:21:24 am »
thanks fast one..
i know it is hard but to be honest now am starting to enjoy it... i get a buzz when the phone rings.... also , this may sound strange but , when i leaflet drop .. just before i post it, i run my finger down the glass on the door to see, and feel how dirty it is, and if i feel a lot of dirty ones ,, i go home feeleng confident that the phone will ring... ha ha im going mad !

Fast 1 *

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2006, 12:27:50 am »
thats how i felt when i first started.I hope you remain in that mindset.I still need to get more work.I have probably got £1200 every 4 weeks so far.i might go knocking tomorrow
wildstyles

geefree

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2006, 12:33:07 am »
thats still good but i understand that there is always room to build, even if your doing £2500 per month building will go on forever in some shape or form eh?

Fast 1 *

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 12:36:50 am »
if i didnt do my bit of building work,i would be in trouble.Where are you from gazza?
wildstyles

geefree

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 12:52:30 am »
up in west yorks.. wakefield

Pat Purcell

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 04:06:16 am »
According to statistics the best person to send out canvassing besides yourself is a middle aged woman as most of the people interested in getting their windows cleaned are middle aged women and the canvasser has an immediate rappore with them most of you sound like young guys trying to get things going so whats your mother doing in the evening, that may sound kinda silly but by all accounts it works after the sale though the rest is up to you and was mentioned earlier in this thread it is definetly worthwhile learning the trade for a while before you try to work for yourself,its relatively easy for us old codgers because weve been doing it for years and we forget just how clueless we were at the beginning but a little experience can get you from doing a poor job in 2 hrs to doing a job your proud of in 20 min :)
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Fast 1 *

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2006, 08:23:53 am »
how about a man in drag?
wildstyles

mgba_78

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2006, 07:44:40 pm »
According to statistics the best person to send out canvassing besides yourself is a middle aged woman as most of the people interested in getting their windows cleaned are middle aged women and the canvasser has an immediate rappore with them most of you sound like young guys trying to get things going so whats your mother doing in the evening, that may sound kinda silly but by all accounts it works after the sale though the rest is up to you and was mentioned earlier in this thread it is definetly worthwhile learning the trade for a while before you try to work for yourself,its relatively easy for us old codgers because weve been doing it for years and we forget just how clueless we were at the beginning but a little experience can get you from doing a poor job in 2 hrs to doing a job your proud of in 20 min :)

Me and the Mrs have been out a few times, me looking thugish, her late 20's sweet talking lady type, she scores all the time when i fail, so i sent her out on her own a few times and last time she went out she got me 6 in a cul-de-sac and when i went to clean 3 others came out and said they talked to my Mrs and have decided they want theirs done also. i said i would pay her but as shes so damn good at it i may have to retract what i said ;D ;D

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Pat Purcell

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2006, 11:28:40 pm »
Yep the women get them every time but if you tell your sweetheart that you said she was middle aged youll have to pay her alot more ;D
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland