lizj

non payment of a bill
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:50:58 am »
 Can any one give some advise of how to get a client to "coff" up!! For about the last month he has e-mailed me with some excuse or another about why he has not paid his outsatnding account(not a huge amount but a huge amount for buisness!) I clean his office once a week a well for which there isa direct debit set up but his home cleaning!!!!!!!!!!!! still not paid I feel so stupid going in to clean the office when I know he owes me for cleaning his house.
Any suggestion sgreatly recieved... the worse thing is i know they he is not hard up!!grrrrr

terrazzoman

Re: non payment of a bill
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:06:54 pm »
stop cleaning !! send a letter recorded delivery and ask for full payment within 7 days..............then county court do it on line........i hope this helps

Tom Mac

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 07:14:44 pm »
Send them a letter stating you are about to sell their debt to debt collection agency.

terrazzoman

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 10:31:25 pm »
you cannot sell a debt untill the debt has been to court and proven its a debt !!!
ie a county court judgment......then take it to a balliff for collection

mike roberts

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 10:22:35 pm »
Been there a long time ago, cleaned a clients home plus business invoiced thro his company, this guy was high up in the institute of directors became a pain in the rear for paying ontime .. link below should explain all !

https://payontime.co.uk/

daniel osmore

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 12:07:40 am »
I wouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face. As long as you believe your client will pay-up eventually - I'd just carry on. Late payment is just a fact of life for most businesses; if I only dealt with on-time-payers, I'd lose a big chunk of my turnover. Unless your client is really late (say over 60 days), or you've given him as much credit as you can afford to lose, I wouldn't try any heavy tactics yet (if you do you risk losing the client). Most late payers are ether just forgetful, disorganised or might just be waiting for payments themselves before they settle their suppliers. Make sure you have good credit control procedures in place and send out reminders for overdue amounts. In my experience, 99% of overdue invoices are paid eventually.

Neil Jones

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 01:30:48 pm »
I agree with Errand, I had someone not pay for five month, wasnt a massive amount and I could cope without it. I sent letters and emails and went in a few times. Finally last week I went in and just said I wasn't leaving, turns out the company had changed hands, two minutes later a cheque appeared in my hand and then they asked me to quote another job for them. I did some carpet cleaning for them that afternoon and before I started I made sure I had the £150 cash in my hand.

Sometimes heavy tactics are not necessary, especially if you want to keep the customer. Just politely say when will I be receiving payment for the work I did x amount of weeks ago, and hand them a duplicate invoice. Make sure you find out when the payment will be made and not just 'we will get it done ASAP'

Good luck

brilhoservices

Stop giving your services to them
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 08:41:08 am »
Stop giving your services to them!! send a letter stating you are about to sell their debt to debt collection agency else you give full payment within 7 days hope you get your full payment soon