steven collier

Housing Association work
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:28:39 am »
Hi, hoping someone can help on this one.

I have the opportunity to price on some work for a housing association near to me.

The work will be to prepare the property for the new tenant when the old tenant leaves, so basically a deep domestic type clean.

However having had some experience of this type of work I know that sometimes you can walk into carnage and what you have to deal with can be very unpleasant.

My question is, if anyone can help,  how do I price this work and at what price level?

I guess I could price it job by job but that gets a little complicated, I'd rather just put in a standard price per house and hope for every bad one I get, there may be 2 or 3 othe reasonable jobs.

Hope someone can help especially with pricing!!

cml

Re: Housing Association work
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:02:49 am »
Hi,

This question has a lot a varibles to be considered such as:

- Where are you based and the prices charged in your area?
- You have done this work before what did you charge?
- not only what did you charge but how did the client react to your price if you were the one doing the costings?
- Evaluate your costs as to how much would you need to charge to cover your costs plus labour etc

You have not provided any indication as to size of property, works required, etc?

You may want to provide more details to get a more realistic response to aid your query.

Hope this helps

Denise l

Re: Housing Association work
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:40:26 pm »
Ive done hundreds of these. Price according to how many beds property is. unfortunatly you will have to take the good with the bad and believe me some are horrendous. Some are boarded up with no electric light so you have to take a generator but overall its good money and you will make a profit.

denise