cleanability

Prob with Alltec Pro plus
« on: July 08, 2006, 04:14:06 pm »
Got a fault driving me round the bend. Water pump and one of vacs wont work. Not the switches or the actual motors thats been illiminated. I'm very careful but the only possible answer is I've mixed the wiring up when changing switches. Anyone out there cud possibly open up the back of the switch panel anel and tell me the connections so i can check mine are in the correct place. My machine is 8 years old and had a small mod with a new circuit board to control pump speed. Any help wud be appreciated

Thanx Chris

cleanability

Re: Prob with Alltec Pro plus
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 05:07:04 pm »
Or even write them down eg colours and numbers and email them. Getting desperate here lol.

Chris

the red carpet

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 05:23:54 pm »
Would a phone call to Alltec not clear it up?

Im sure one of there tecs will be able to tell you there a helpfull enough bunch

cleanability

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 05:26:28 pm »
Yeah yr rite. But i wanted to get it done for Monday.

Thanks anyway.

Liahona

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 05:32:47 pm »
Cleanability, Alltecs phones are manned 24 hours a day even if you have to leave a message they will

return the call shortly as it will be diverted somewhere, somehow. Steve usually answers the phone

and he would know the answer or track down Chris for you. Best, Dave.

cleanability

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 05:53:36 pm »
Thanks Dave I'll try.

Chris

Dave_Lee

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 03:10:53 pm »
Chris, Check the inline fuse, beneath the control panel, in the wiring underneath the switches.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

cleanability

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 09:04:14 pm »
Thanks Dave. Tried the fuse its ok. Is there anything that vac 1 and the water pump have in common?

Chris

Kev Loomes

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 02:51:11 pm »
Chris

I know it sounds silly but happened to me once on a job. Nothing seemed to work, changed all the fuses etc all to no avail.

I then got my voltage tester out and ran it down the length of the power cable (which showed no signs of wear or damage). Found the problem, cut it off and then put the plug back on. Job done. Its weird cos it was invisible from the outside.

Cheers

Dave_Lee

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 06:49:28 pm »
Wildcard, just check that the waste tank cut out float switch isnt stuck in the upright position.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 09:05:16 pm »
If the wiring is the same as both my Pro Plus's, the recovery tank float switch will cut out both vacs.

You wasted your money on a new controller for the pump speed.  Nobody turns the pressure down, so just by-pass it. Saves you £60 plus.

I'd be willing to bet 50p Chris that the problem is as you first mentioned.  You've wired the new switches incorrectly. Check the wiring. Also check the fuses in the front panel.  Remove the clock panel and you should find some in-line fuses in there too.  Double check everything. Make sure there's no moisture or condensation present (WD40).  Remember to work safely, remove power plugs when working and use a RCD when testin and running (it's safer and can also save you a packetif things go wrong).

Safe and  happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

cleanability

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 05:32:38 pm »
Yep correct. Connected wires incorrectly back to switches. Alltec were really helpful. Went through the connections with me over phone, cant fault them.

Chris