AuRavelling79

Re: Sunglasses for daily work
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 09:20:52 am »
I'm glad this topic has come up.

I have Varifocals so would have to look at clip ons.
What colour polarized lenses would you recommend for window cleaning please. They are available in black, green, yellow and brown.

Strangely enough I wore sunglasses in Africa most of the year round, but since being in the UK these past 25 years I have never bothered with them. But there are a few days when they were neccessary to have last summer.

My eyes have always been all over the shop. One eye excellent, the other "weak" or "astigmatised" or whatever the phrase has changed to over the last fifty years.

So I am a four eyed geek all my waking hours.

Specsavers do a two for one offer and I have one pair normal and one pair with "reactions" lenses which give me sunglasses not just when the when the sun is out but whenever it is "bright" outside.

So if you are a glasses wearer most of the time then prescriptions are the way to go.

However because car windscreen glass cuts out UV they don't go very dark when driving. This doesn't bother me but just saying ...
It's a game of three halves!

JJay

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 12:31:09 am »
I've done some research and colour of the lenses doesn't matter as type of lenses which light it will absorb or which not. As far I know know the best would be black polarized like oakley prizm deep water but on the end something has to suit to you and I bought something cheaper :)

MNWC

Frankybadboy

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 08:29:03 pm »
oakleys jawbones with  transition lenses old cycling glasses of mine and are excellent