stuart_clark

Re: Dynamall on domestics
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »
It is Shaun

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 06:28:25 pm »
Sorry ..............what was the original post about....got lost in all the hoohaa!

stuart_clark

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2014, 06:30:53 pm »
Think it was somthing to do with Dynamall ! Lol

*Hector*

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2014, 06:40:57 pm »
I thought it was about dynamite and blowing peoples houses up..

??? ???

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

gwrightson

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2014, 06:46:48 pm »
Mark

never heard of post vac ? Come and watch me do it in Dunamanagh in two weeks time mate
post vac Mark is merely vacuming after you have encaped, it was done as part of the job, the carpets only take a very short time to dry and I thought I would get better results with sebos
a buff pad is the one between white and brown although I am waiting to get some fibre plus pads when
CSUK  get some more stock in

stuart

I though post vaccing took place at least 24 hrs later for the encap to work to its full potential !!

not That I believe a vac 24 hrs later is really essential as normal routine vac will suffice.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »
Encapsulation on domestics, Surround products.

http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/can-you-beat-this.54755/#post-716868

Nope not encapsulation, just asked, it was bonnet cleaned using encapsulation chemicals

"Hi Henry,

No that's not correct. These carpets where presrcubbed followed by a second step or passes with absorbant cotton bonnets. I have found you must absorb out soils for a better clean and to allow the encap to work properly and not be overwhelmed. You cant get ten pounds in a 5 pound bag. The polymers can only hold so much."
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steven Butler

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »
So can I use Dynamall on domestics?
Still no wiser even though there 3 pages  ;D
Original post mentioned me using a floormac, will be an Envirodri E40.

*Hector*

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2014, 08:03:25 pm »
try it and see..  ;D ;D

I use encap in domestics... but then I do things slightly differently than most on here anyway..  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

neil 47

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2014, 08:56:44 pm »
 I do
whats best for any chosen carpet at the time . my aim is to leave the customer happy ,and me happy that I have done a good Job to the best of my abilities ,

I use Dynamall and badly stained and slightly soiled carpet and find its the best encap I have used smells great ,looks great on low profiles. is very expensive though

I use shockwave with hwe on all dirty carpets and it performs very well not quite as good aspowerburst but miles cheaper.

and on all others I use any ms available such as spm

As for do I believe all the dirt is encapsulated and vacuumed away , Do I chuff  . but if it looks good smells good and doesn't resoil quickly and the customers happy.

I had a customer tell me " last bloke that came had one of those buffer things and I thought what a con man he will never clean that carpet with that".

he said" well when it was finished  it looked great" , only reason I didn,t call him again is I lost his number , think he was from stocksbridge  ;)

ps I did tell him who it was and his contact details

IICRC

mark_roberts

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2014, 09:34:36 pm »
Stuart

Dunna where?

What date might take you up on it.

Mark

stuart_clark

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 11:12:50 pm »
Mark

I thought you were a northern paddy ? I will be there from the 1st of may  until the 5th
its not far from strabane I have a house on Toboe rd Dunamanah
do you know Quaywest in Derry ? Ive not long cleaned there carpets

mark_roberts

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2014, 03:16:51 am »
Stuart

You need to understand us paddys have a built in distance limiter.  If its more than 30 miles it isnt worth seeing!!

Never been to Dunamana but know where Derry is.  Those dates could suit.  Which day in particular.

Cheers
Mark

stuart_clark

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2014, 10:11:57 am »
Mark
you will never get rich if you are not prepared to travel mate ! I do about 40,000 miles a year and that dosent take Ireland into account

stuart

wynne jones

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2014, 10:18:01 am »
To answer the question. Yes and no.

It depends on the carpet, the soiling and circumstances and far less to do with the effectiveness of encap.

For instance, you clean granny flats on the 4th floor, they just need a freshen up and grannies dont like noise or tripping over hoses and you dont like spending half an hour to set up.

Next job is an eot where the smell of german shepherd hits you as soon as you walk in and there are greasy brown patches all around and your blinded by the glow from your black light. Are you going to encap that by choice?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2014, 11:14:44 am »
Wynne,
The answers will also be yes and no. For those that only ecap / LM you'll get a yes and for those with hwse you'll get a very emphatic 'NO!'

I'm dubious about using encap on domestic as we have a DF operator near us who, albeit unwittingly gives us jobs from his disaffected customers, most of whom cite rapid re-soiling and the re-appearance of stains. It's not that low moisture techniques won't work on domestic situations, it's that you've got to have the ability to deal with any soil conditions you come across and that means having a variety of systems at your disposal and be prepared to do whatever it takes to get them clean.
Simon

David Ware

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »
Wynne,
The answers will also be yes and no. For those that only ecap / LM you'll get a yes and for those with hwse you'll get a very emphatic 'NO!'

I'm dubious about using encap on domestic as we have a DF operator near us who, albeit unwittingly gives us jobs from his disaffected customers, most of whom cite rapid re-soiling and the re-appearance of stains. It's not that low moisture techniques won't work on domestic situations, it's that you've got to have the ability to deal with any soil conditions you come across and that means having a variety of systems at your disposal and be prepared to do whatever it takes to get them clean.
Simon
Hi Simon did 2 domestics today used encap and where needed flushed with Liquid High Heat.
David

stuart_clark

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2014, 06:28:00 pm »
I would say 75% of my work is comercial and that is all low moisture cleaning whether its with a pad or abonnet with a chemstractor and a Rotobrite machine although I am looking towards a cymax in the near future, but to be honest would not consider using the LM system for domestic work

Steven Butler

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2014, 02:16:19 pm »
Can anyone who does use encap on domestics give me any advise, even on products other than Dynamall. Thanks
stevenbutler06@btinternet.com

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2014, 02:51:40 pm »
Unwittingly I think you have your answer there Steven, when I bought a dry fusion machine I solely used it for approximately a year on commercial and domestic carpet cleaning, selling the carpet clean was very easy (cleans and dries the carpet all in one) to gain customers but getting the results was the hard part I moved on to a truck mount I didn't want to go back portable IMO it's the best business decision I made regards returning customers.

Shaun

wynne jones

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 02:53:11 pm »
Wynne,

Simon

This is my main concern with only having a LM system and a spotting machine, you either have to turn work away or doing your best knowing it's not the best if you had the right kit.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.