jim mca

Re: looking to buy a juguar 6.6 carpet cleaning machine
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 11:24:27 pm »
Radek

Colloids work if they didn't John Kelly and Jaime Pearson would not sell them.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 09:11:15 am »
Tony
This world is full of idiots - does it mean that we are surouned by idiots only?

Colloids works for some jobs, light maintenance, when left for 30 min and more, well agitated. Not like thay say. Thay always say: it is good product but you need to know how to use it. Who has a time to wait that long and play some strange games in how to apply.

tony bish

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 11:09:14 am »
Tony
This world is full of idiots

I rest my case 

Darran Pryce

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 05:20:55 pm »
I was considering buying a jag but after reading all this about it, I think I'll stick to what I have for the moment, it's making me a stack of money and no complaints, and drying times is 1-2 hours max.

;D :o

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 07:15:11 pm »
It's funny really.
 A bloke with a beard who visits this forum refers to it as the dark side ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »
I was considering buying a jag but after reading all this about it, I think I'll stick to what I have for the moment, it's making me a stack of money and no complaints, and drying times is 1-2 hours max.

Do you use a rotary?

Darran Pryce

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 07:50:12 pm »

Do you use a rotary?

I use both mate. Got an Oreck, and 17" Victor and my carpet machine.  All depends on the job to what I use, commercial, rotary all the way.

Chris Straker

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 06:14:41 pm »
Darran, if your current machine does the job you & your clients like, then stick with it.
My Jaguar 6.6 is two years old and I have no upgrades or vac issues ......... I would happily recommend one to any carpet cleaner that is not in my area ...... it has become it's own local USP for my business  ;D

Love the fact that CT is reputed to be inhabited by arse lickers ........ I'm just glad it's not full of window lickers  ::)roll

** http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=window%20licker

Paul Moss

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 08:45:56 pm »
Used the storm today for a job that we could not get the truck to. 3 hours of hell. Glad I don't have to use it often  ;D 

What a difference a truckmount makes, you don't realise until you use your porty  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 10:01:57 pm »
lol Paul too right!

I can't see how there would be much difference between all the 6.6 machines it's the supplier you are buying into, there has been no scientific experiment to show one is better than the other.

Shaun

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 12:23:50 am »
lol Paul too right!

I can't see how there would be much difference between all the 6.6 machines it's the supplier you are buying into, there has been no scientific experiment to show one is better than the other.

Shaun

well there is one 6.6 machine in particular that keeps breaking down for a lot of people  ::)roll Plus you only have to look at the machines to see which are the best built and easiest to work on.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 09:22:25 pm »
If you are still looking to buy a jag here is one on ebay and its a steal at £2300!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-6-6-carpet-cleaning-machine-/131000185932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e8038344c

john martin

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 09:49:53 pm »

It looks like it has the   '  hole cut in its backside '    upgrade .     

Russ Chadd

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 09:55:29 pm »
Hi John, remember you showed me the electro motor which had similar stats to the 6.6? any chance you could email me the link?
info@prosteamuk.com

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »
got to say that hole upgrade looks bad, i wouldnt want that on a machine i had only a few months. Is that to stop the vac motors cooking?

Darran Pryce

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 05:50:15 pm »
"My opinion" Jag and MP crap.  Used both so can say that. MP only good on vomit and odour/urine.  Not worth all that money just like the Jag isn't.

I suppose the bottom line is, what we all feel comfortable with and experiences with different tools/products. 

I won't be touching Solutions. Moved on to other products which are just as good if not better.

tony bish

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 12:33:37 pm »
 Jag and MP crap...........Moved on to other products which are just as good if not better.

So whats it to be Darran ...crap ...or good .   Rather a contradiction in term wouldnt you say   ;D

Darran Pryce

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »
Not really!. I don't like the Jag or MPower. Just because people don't use them doesn't mean there crap at carpet cleaning.   ;D

tony bish

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2013, 02:03:07 pm »
 Sorry Darran thats gone straight over my head mate ??? ......Well glad thats all been cleared up then 

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2013, 04:12:30 pm »
lol   ;D

You can see it from the suppliers point of view - they must be having a nightmare and a very costly one at that having to supply vac motors under warranty and then also having to make alterations to machines to try to prevent further problems. We all run our own businesses and are trying to make a living just as they are and i dont envy their position - trying to save face and keep reputation whilst also staying in profit.

The one thing that must be asked is why would the manufacturers allow the new vac motors to be fitted without proper testing to understand what environment they can cope with as regards heat etc. Its not only cost the suppliers but also the poor sods who have lost or had to reschedule work because of breakdowns. Its alright saying they can do this and do that, but next time test them under work conditions for a while first eh!?