wynne jones

Re: Twin vac to triple vac to Puzzi 100
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 02:08:03 pm »
Most people buy more powerful equipment for speed and reduced wear and tear on the body. That way you can work all day if you want or be home by two and make a good daily wedge.

Faffing around with Puzzis suggests a combination of  lack of funds and plenty of time on their hands.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 02:13:11 pm »
I can understand where this guy is coming from... sometimes you do have to deal with a carpet which maybe in a small bedroom up 4 flights of stairs and a small powerful extractor machine might be just the thing... its horses for courses so i guess Philip is kind of limited to the smaller jobs rather than the larger ones.
Because his equipment is cheaper he can therefore charge a much lower price than lets say someone who has a 15k truck mount set up.

Like Colin my background is in car valeting... when valeting meant more than a slippery looking guy with a Borat accent washing your car in a track suit and leather jacket!
Give the UK public cheap and they will choose cheap everytime! thats what this great country has been reduced to!!!

As for the Jag... it may not be the best looking machine on the market but its practical and it bridges a gap in the market between porty and TM...

wynne jones

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 02:32:05 pm »
So Philip did you sell your triple vac or are you saying you just end up using your Puzzi on most jobs you do?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Phil Taylor

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 03:42:00 pm »

Shouldn't people read all the posts before commenting. I did mention earlier that yes we still have a twin & triple but they are sitting on our vans doing nothing. We will only use them for large full houses or commercial work. Everything else, small one off jobs, gets the puzzi treatment. We can't tell any difference in quality of our work, it's the same. The only fact is we're alot quicker, no fuss, in and out, job done.

We don't charge low prices either.

take a look at this guy using the Jag, all the hoses, leads, it's all hassle to set up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxhO4SLDaSI&feature=related

I'm sorry but we'll keep doing it the easier way.  ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 03:55:37 pm »
I have an extra cable running to the house than he does. Ohh the complications that brings about... :-*
It's really no problem for me, I have got a routine going where by once I have switched the machine on, I don't have to stop working. I have plenty of acid rinse in my water tank and like I said, the auto dump takes care of the emptying. It's all about being organised and if you can't organise, then yeah, a Puzzi is a great option....

If I need to use more than 2 hoses, I prefer to lift the machine out of the van and work it from outside the door of the house. Again, no dramas!, the Jag is one of the lighter or at least, well balanced machines on the market.

Have a dig at the Jag all you like fella, I won't lose any sleep over it. In my opinion, if you've not had the chance to use one, your opinion is worth Jack ....!

Phil Taylor

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 03:58:30 pm »
I'm not having a 'dig' at the Jag or any other porty. The Jag to me looks 'cat' but performs well, my opinion. You're bound to defend your 'baby', good luck to you, but our days of running around after hoses are long over.   :)

Colin Day

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 04:06:28 pm »
I didn't get on with my Jag at first. I'll be honest and say it was mainly down to it's looks, then of course, none of us like change either. I had to change the way I worked, the way I'd got comfortable with. But now, I'm chuffed to pieces!!!

Paul Moss

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »
This is the same set up (sorry about the music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4rwAzvF2-E

and (now this guy does it how we do it but we sebo in between)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V4qCp13T30

And people wonder why they get resoiling.

Philip if this is your standard of cleaning then your a million miles away sun shine.

Paul Moss

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 04:50:40 pm »

Shouldn't people read all the posts before commenting. I did mention earlier that yes we still have a twin & triple but they are sitting on our vans doing nothing. We will only use them for large full houses or commercial work. Everything else, small one off jobs, gets the puzzi treatment. We can't tell any difference in quality of our work, it's the same. The only fact is we're alot quicker, no fuss, in and out, job done.

take a look at this guy using the Jag, all the hoses, leads, it's all hassle to set up

The discipline here is HWE ( HOT WATER EXTRACTION) To clean  via extraction, a Puzzi cannot do that on that type of job.
 I cant believe im even discussing this, but hey thats why i came back on CIU ;D

Russ Chadd

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 05:20:05 pm »
I have just watched the second video and it looks like the guy is using the machines solution sprayer to wet the carpet first then dry extract after?
So do you use the same method Philip but agitate then extract? do you use an acidic rinse when extracting?
Just curious ???

Phil Taylor

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 05:44:03 pm »

The discipline here is HWE ( HOT WATER EXTRACTION) To clean  via extraction, a Puzzi cannot do that on that type of job.
 I cant believe im even discussing this, but hey thats why i came back on CIU ;D

Why can't a Puzzi do it on that type of job?
That carpet looks like a 100% polyprop, one of the most easiest carpets to clean, so why cant you HWE it using any machine?
Any EXRACTION machine EXTRACTS water? Doesn't it??

Don't know what you mean  ???

AshWhite

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 05:48:31 pm »
Spanners are spanners, but I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic who buys his at Poundland.

That is of course my opinion, others (including customers) will of course be different.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Phil Taylor

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 05:56:35 pm »
Well, we don't all have TM's and nor would I want one.

Seems the TM's brigade strike again "you can't HWE that carpet cos you aint got a trucky", nothing else will do the job, at all (even though Extracta have been going for 35 years, Karcher been selling puzzis for years and years).

Sorry Paul, Ash I'm not in your league but we do know how to clean carpets and do a very good job with the machinery available to us.

AshWhite

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 06:02:10 pm »
Philip,
It wasn't intended as a criticism - the majority of us are self employed so that we have the freedom to run our business how we want. There's a wide market of work available, some more suitable for Mr A, and some more suitable for Mr B. I'm sure anyone can do a decent job of almost any challenge, but whether they've got the time and patience to do it with one level of equipment or another is up to them.
I don't like doing small areas because it's a pain setting up the TM for it, you may not enjoy doing large open areas because of the workload involved - but like I said; we're all individuals. Joe Bloggs could clean carpets using a bucket and sponge for all I care, makes no difference to me whatsoever.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 06:23:19 pm »
Spanners are spanners, but I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic who buys his at Poundland.

That is of course my opinion, others (including customers) will of course be different.

Nail on the head..... ;)

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2011, 06:28:25 pm »

Nail on the head..... ;)

I got a hammer Colin ......

oops sorry forgot................

you do the funnies

:P :P

Colin Day

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2011, 06:57:54 pm »

Nail on the head..... ;)

I got a hammer Colin ......

oops sorry forgot................

you do the funnies

:P :P

Yeah... badly..... ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 07:40:28 pm »
While the job is easier with more power many know perfectly well that they can achieve excellent results from a variety of cleaning methods and most avoid posting on here for fear of ridicule from others who think they are the only people who get good results because they use T/M's but we know that cleaning whether it's carpets or hard surfaces or dishes is never done to the same standard by two people.

Having or thinking you work to the highest standards may, in someone elses opinion be working to mediocre standards and thinking that the most powerful machine will make you an expert is folly.

If Phil does what he claims and prepares the carpet by vacuuming and prespraying prior rinsing / extracting with a low powered machine he probably gets  as good a result as some who imagine the powerful machine does all the work.

Paul Moss

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »
I find that most of the people who post on truckmounts have never used one :)

robert meldrum

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2011, 07:52:22 pm »
Would that be " about " truckmounts   ::)