Rousey

Bone-Dry Franchise
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:30:16 am »
Hi Guy's, this is my first post so please be gentle. I have and run a Bone-Dry franchise since April gone and everything has been going very well. I have read some of the comments on this board and I wanted to reply.

There is a place in the market for ALL of us whether it be wet or dry, and there are advantages and disadvantages to both sysytems, especially when you are relativley new to the industry.

In our advertising we tell ALL our customers to ensure the carpet cleaning company they choose is either a member of CCP or IICRC.

Yes, like all our own businessess we want to advertise them in the best light, and with Bone-Dry we clean carpets dry and get this across to our customers, but we never want to be detrimental to other carpet cleaners, but there are businessess out there that we have all used or come across that have not done a good job, wet or dry and that's who our advertising is critiscing. I have always said you are only as good as your last job!

We believe there is a place for us in the market and with new and innovitive products being introduced all the time it is making our business enjoyable.

So far I have been a success in all the jobs I have done with excellent results and most of all with happy customers who are coming back to me via our maintenance plan and referal programme. But I am sure that is the same for you guys which is fantastic.

Hope to speak to you all in the future, happy cleaning

Mark 

Ian Gourlay

Re: Bone-Dry Franchise
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:41:51 am »
Hi Mark,

Welcome

What is the CCP, why do you not mention NCCA or BPCA ?

Rousey

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 09:24:06 am »
Hi Ian,

CCP, Confederation of Cleaning Professionals. It is a body that covers the cleaning industry, promoting ethical and honest businesses. They have a website which will give you more information.

I presume we don't mention other bodies because there are so many that we would run out of space in our advertising!!

The consumer always has a choice, and if they are choosing a carpet cleaning company based on which association they are a member of, then they will choose that company.

If they choose Bone-Dry after contacting the CCP or any other company  and it gives them peace of mind that they are an ethical and honest business and the work is to a high standard then the body has done it's job.

I must admit that since April I have had no customers asking about any body even though we heaverly advertise the CCP, they are just interested in what I can do for them and the guarantees we give.

Regards
Mark 

Doug Holloway

Tony_Browning

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 04:45:12 pm »
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

The Great One

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 05:52:05 pm »
Dear all

I have been a Cc for 2 years now and I have been soley dry carpet cleaning and although HWE is the mainstay of the CC world, I have never wanted to use it.

I decided this when I was on my prochem course and after a week of research I went for the system I use.

Sadly lots of people do slag off us dry guys but I have had fantastic results, sometimes the result has not been what I wanted or hoped it would be but this happens with all of us, both the wet and dry systems is not ' Jesus in a bottle'.

For all you HWE guys you believe in your system as do us dry guys and as has been said there is a place for all of us...

Regards

Martin 8)

Rousey

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 10:02:36 pm »
Hi Doug,

Yes we use the Host Sponges as one of our agents in cleaning the carpet, but not the only. We use a step by step process that so far I have had fantastic results because my clients have said so, and they have re-booked me.

As I said in my other post there is enough work to please all wet and dry systems, lets just keep our business ethical and honest and kick the bad guys out who tarnish this industry, and lets ALL make lots of money, because ultimately, that's why we are all here!!

Regards
Mark.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 08:38:35 am »
Hi Martin,

So thats the system you are using that you were keeping Top Secret many moons ago ;D ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 08:42:43 am »
I notice in your adverts it states " the most thouruogh deep clean on the planet, guaranteed" ;D  what statistics do you have to make this claim
 geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Rousey

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 12:05:40 pm »
Geoff,

Are you a politian!! After your statement we go on to say "we use the most powerful deep cleaning DRY system in the world"

We are saying that we have the best DRY system in the world....and we DO!

It's all in the words and how the customer reads it. But remember, if the customer is not happy with the clean we do it for free!!!!!!

Mark

Dennis

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 12:34:56 pm »
Geoff,

Are you a politian!! After your statement we go on to say "we use the most powerful deep cleaning DRY system in the world"

We are saying that we have the best DRY system in the world....and we DO!

It's all in the words and how the customer reads it. But remember, if the customer is not happy with the clean we do it for free!!!!!!

Mark

Well I hope you have proof to substantiate these claims because if another company reports you to the ASA it's goodbye credibility!

Tony_Browning

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 12:39:10 pm »
Hi Mark,

I Imagine that using this system enables you to market your business very successfully, as you have something the customer most likely perceives as unique. Although it is nice to be able to choose several different cleaning methods as an independent of course, inc host.

Out of interest, what system do you use for upholstery cleaning, and who manufactures the vacuum cleaner you use for prevac. (unless it's top secret  ;) )

Kind rgds, Tony.
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

The Great One

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 01:26:32 pm »
Hi

I am not franchised to anyone (been there, done that >:()

I like the results i get but utimatley it's the customer who has to like it.

Regards

Martin 8)

Rousey

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 01:29:34 pm »
To All,

I thought this forum was for likeminded people who want and are building successfull companies/businesses.

I really thought there would be a "carpet cleaners union", members who want to help each other succeed.

When we did our research  we found there is enough carpet for all of us to clean, that literally all the carpet cleaning companies in the UK, if all worked together would not even get half of England done!!! There is enough business for wet and dry so it is a huge dissappointment that when a new kid comes on the block with a new business it's ethics and morals are questioned and threatened.

Here at Bone-Dry we work smart not hard and today is quote day, I have 4 appointments through the day and my next is coming up very shortly, so unfortunatly I have to go and that means from this forum too! It's a shame a couple of bad apples spoil it for the rest, as some of you seem genuine nice people. Signing off for ever

Mark
Bone-Dry

(Ps, Tony, it is a secret until you find out! but thanks for your email, this message is not about you.)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 01:41:25 pm »
I thought this site was for men not cry babies, if you can't take a few bad comments, then go, I don't think you will be missed.

but from reading your first post you sound like a decent bloke who is trying to give his customers the best clean possible.

the easy option would be for you to not bother with this site and concentrate on building a successfull bussiness, So I challenge you too stay, put up with the negative comments ( and fight back).

some of us are actually quite nice :D

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

lee_gundry

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 02:20:06 pm »
don,t go mark :-\

most of us on here get blasted now & again,its part of building up a freindship.

go on start another post.

Lee G
cumbria

ianharper

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 03:20:10 pm »
Hi Mark

Welcome,

I have no doubt that you have great success, as I Think that one of the reason that chemdry have done so well in the home market is that ther are great numbers of people starting up in carpet cleaning and some not all dont get trained. And then will offer their services at very low prices. Match this up with a new customer to carpeting cleaning and you find that most have a bad experance. The number one problme being over wet carpets.

So these people reaction is next time to stay away from water and go for a dry service. That why we offer dry Low mostuire and HWE. By telling the customer the benifits you allow them to make the choice that gives them the cinfindance to use a carpet cleaner again. and mybe next time they might try HWE again.

Most homes have small rooms so the customer wants the room in use again as fast as posable.

By promoting professional bodies you can show that you are professsional about what you do. We are testing a leaflet that talks about this subject of start ups and the problems that prospects might have if they are nor carfull about who they choose.

I will be interested in hearing more about you and your business in the future

Respect

Ian Harper

gwrightson

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 03:52:27 pm »
Mark , first and foremost let me apologise if my remarks have offended you, this was not intentional, and my repley was not meant to question your ethics or practices in any way.
 i was merely curios, as to the claims as stated in your ad. and word for word"Our system is the deepest,most thoroughcarpet cleaning system on the planet-Guarranteed" . there is nothing there to imply that it is the most thorough dry system on the planet, " not that i can see any way" as you pointed out in your origonal reply to me.
 All I was requesting was some figures and statistics that backs that up, like many on here it would be interesting to see the comparisons against hwe.and as already pointed out, i do Know  dry systems have many benifits.
  So please reply, im only interested. and not trying to slate you ;D
   Polition hey!!!!   now theirs a thought :-\  :-\
 geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Dennis

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 04:04:11 pm »
Same here Mark, those sorts of unsubstantiated claims have caused other franchised companies problems in the past (I used to be in one and have seen it!)
Loosen up a bit! It's nothing personal just telling it like it is.  ;)

Rousey

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 06:26:39 pm »
OK,OK,OK guys perhaps I was a bit hasty, yes I can take and give a dig as good as anyone, but I did think and perhaps I took it the wrong way, but I did think an attack on my honesty, integrity and ethics was a little to far. But I accept your comments and am happy to 'Sledge' with the best of you!

The Marketing we use I know is used by 'other' successful carpet cleaning companies and has passed all the relevant associations for it's compliance.

Speak to you all soon

Mark