Pole2pole

Admitting Defeat
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:00:26 pm »
I lost 2 customers today, two old gals who live next door to each other. One said she was getting son to do them from now on. The other was gonna get hubby to do theirs. No trouble doin them trad but they just didn't like the results with WFP. They gave me the benefit, but after 6 months one or two bits of glass were getting white streaks down them time and time and time again.
Not so much on the main upstairs window, but the little ones above that open outwards.
I've cleaned the frames(time and again) I've blasted the glass when rinsing, but in their defence........they weren't coming up perfect like i promised they would. I've about 450 customers on a monthly turnover and these are the first i've lost in this manner. Question is..........Is it fair to say that for one(unknown to me) reason or another, sometimes wfp just don't work???

pjulk

Re: Admitting Defeat
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 11:09:46 pm »
I have a job like that and ended going back to ladders to do it.

I don't suppose you can win them all

Paul

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:15:40 pm »
Dino - What are the frames made of?
It's a game of three halves!

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 11:16:41 pm »
I would blade them but truth is when i've got all my wfp kit out, i just can't be ar$ed to go back to van, get ladders, bucket n belt etc etc...Easier to let them go. There's another job round the corner waiting for me, I'm sure.

Pole2pole

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 11:18:30 pm »
UPVC....getting on a bit Malc. I guess it's probably where they're starting to blow a bit. Although i must have a couple of dozen like that, these two houses just aint taking to it.

gaza

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 11:29:32 pm »
re who invented wfp anyway re aviator caption MR TUCKER THE FOUNDER OF TUCKER POLES

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Pole2pole

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 11:33:39 pm »
Gaza.............I'll sleep better now  ;D  ;D  ;D
Now gimme his address so i can sue him for stress and er.............I'll think of something else  ;)

gaza

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 12:17:44 am »
DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD SUE DEAD MEN?

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 12:45:56 am »
DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD SUE DEAD MEN?

GAZA
Was he killed by a window cleaner?