AdamSouth

gaz - question about your trolley
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:52:19 pm »
hi gaz,

i liked your trolley so much that i decided to build my own based on your design (hope you don't mind).

Q1 - have you drilled into the trolleys frame where you fix the wood for the battery rest?

Q2 - now you have a varistream, where have you fixed this?

don't worry it won't be exactly like yours, i bought blue one!! ;D
Giving you a better view

H h20

Re: gaz - question about your trolley
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 04:25:55 pm »
Hi Adam,thanks for the kind words  ;D
it`s ok mate my trolley "is no more",i decided after all my thought and effort went into it to dismantle it   :o and sell trolley and reel,i use a van mounted system as i have no need to use a trolley anymore,but if i ever do i have got a few new ideas but that may be a long time coming,
what i did was put a length of wood across the bottom of the frame that is above the wheel bar and drilled holes in the wood and then fastened a couple of cable ties through the holes then round the trolley frame,and that is where the battery box sat and to fix the box i just screwed it through the bottom into the wood,
post some pics when you`ve finished it,Gaz  ;)

AdamSouth

Re: gaz - question about your trolley
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 05:02:11 pm »
thanks gaz,
its a shame your tolley is no more.
i was thinking about using cable ties, so i guess thats my mind made up. when its all done then i'l post it on here, hopefully it get done over easter. got to set up the ro unit too. its all to much for my little brain to handle!!

glad i've taken the plung though. whist i was at work yesterday a wfper turned up at the house next door, told me i was doing it the hard way then knock out the two top windows and the conservatory in about 3minutes. 1st time i'd ever seen some1 useit. hope that was a sign cos my kit turned up on the same day.
Giving you a better view