brett walker

Ladders for access only
« on: April 10, 2006, 10:50:35 pm »
Hi everyone

i have finally gone totally wfp upstairs, i will only be using ladders for access i have been on this site for exactly a year now thinking back a year ago i would not have thought i would of been this advanced. :o

Only found this site by chance and have made some great friends :)

Im not knocking ladders but having a dodgey knee that gets stressed out quite easily i had to employ a helper known as 'broken flask', he has been a pain in my side for years finally today i have cut him free forever as that thing called the wfp that he said would never take off has replaced him. ;)

The pole is the only way up for me  8)

Brett

ronaldo

Re: Ladders for access only
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:57:26 pm »
Howdy Brett. Been wfp for only a few weeks now and i do tops bottoms porches and even the cat if it gets in my way and all ive done is follow the advice from the rest of our merry gang on this forum and just rinsed and rinsed and i havent had any complaints and i,m on my 2nd cleans now. But i still have to use my trusty old ladders on a few but like you said for ACCESS ONLY. 8)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Pole2pole

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:00:14 pm »
What about the flat roofs Brett. Are ya still climbing up for them??? I got one road where every house(practically) has them and i can't bring myself to tell a dozen or so people that(after 10 years) i can no longer get to the glass above them. It only adds ten minutes on at the end of the day, so although it's a minor irritation......I can handle it.

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 11:08:17 pm »
Hi ronaldo

yes i have never met such a friendly and helpful bunch

dont know about you but the window cleaners in my area arent interested in helping or passing the time of day.  They just give you a look that could kill, passed one window cleaner the other day didnt even look at me, weird or what ?  So with out this site i would be struggling

Hi Dino

yes i'll still go on flat roofs and use ladder for the odd job but will be cutting ladders down by 95% at least because lets be honest a window cleaner wouldnt be a window cleaner without a ladder

Brett

ronaldo

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 11:14:46 pm »
Brett. Theyve probably all got ladder syndrome after watching how quick you can do them by wfp. >:(
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 11:21:07 pm »
Cool....... I know what you're saying about the ladder. I can't quite bring myself to chuck it in the back garden. After all........you never know when you're gonna get a damsel in distress cos she's just locked herself out, the gas is on and the wee nipper is asleep in there too   ::) (happened at least 4 times in 10 years)
So you turn yourself into a contortionist, slip through the smallest of windows upstairs, climb down the stairs(without nicking anything  ;D) open the front door to the overjoyed lady in question................and don't even get so much as a cuppa for a thankyou.............and they aint even customers. Where's a REALLY angry smily when you want one most???? ::)

brett walker

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 07:32:20 am »
Im doing one large account this morning, georgian inside and out which would have taken most of the morning with the wfp it will take me half the time ;)

Hope shes ok with wfp inside ;D

Brett

Archy136

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 09:14:03 am »
When I got my system a year ago a vowed never to get a roofrack for my new van and I never did and never will!