Neil Grainger

Re: Looks like Clean Assoc is finally launched ?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:39 am »
Geoff, give it a go, whats the worsed that could happen is that they are as bad as the NCCA. I might wake the old fa.ts up that they need to change rather than just talk about it at their expenses paid meetings all the time.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 08:22:16 am »
So have they purchased a Unit or a warehouse near the boat docks then?

Or are they just using that a a registered address?

Is that where the training courses will be heald?

Best of luck with it. I can see that its a chance that they could certainly earn from it. If it takes off.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Colin Day

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 08:27:33 am »
So yet another training course!!

Or can c.c just take the exam? after all many on
here have passed exams been on numerous other courses etc.

Is the course compulsary?   How much more money do You want ?  Ongoing training!!!  more money, for who?

Alot of unanswered questions in my book.

Geoff

Why don't you go onto the website? A lot of your questions are answered on there ::)

gwrightson

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 08:55:41 am »
how about putting a link up for it then colin,

because try searching on google, and i get  ncca,  iicrc,  and  loads of other clean associations and c/c  but not mention of CLEAN   . ::)

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Pristine Clean

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 09:18:10 am »
Heres the link to the website,

http://www.cleanassociation.org.uk/

Browse through. But still not enough answers and question yet.

Although I am interested its another way of making money for the owners, directors. Good luck to them at the end of the day its just another business trying to make a living. As I said best of luck with it.

As far as exams go if you have a couple then I see no real need to take more... but they have to get revenue in some how dont they?

Same as  tshirts, brand awarness. Another revenue.

Then theres a joining fee. Its the same all over with these organisation and not just in the cleaning world.

Its the same for me with the CPSA Clay Pigeon Shooting Association they all want money. They also say they will fight your corner etc.

But I dont know how the CLEAN will be any better than any other organisation. Only difference so far is they get contracts.

I can get contracts without paying a fee.

Alot of clients have never heard of the assosiations like NCCA or IIRC or BICsc or whatever organisation.

Also £200 joining fee. So a good earner if you get 20 people joining that £4000 get 40 err I am sure you get the picture. So divide that to an equal split to the directors and President. Could be easy money and for that amount I would work my backside off as well. Early retirement.

Time will tell if they will be any different to any other trade assosiation

As for this,

We will stress the need to employ a fully trained, professional cleaner and what benefits to the public and their premises regular cleaning brings. We will continue to strive and educate the customer that price is a clear indicator of the standard of work they can expect.

Maybe its just me, what are you saying here...CC who charges lower cannot give such a quality finish? If so I am not sure I agree.

Also if its to try and stop the flyby nights who have had no training... no one can stop that. It happens in every trade.

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

richie

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 10:54:45 am »
OK.....so you pay £200 to join CLEAN   What do you get in return?  Do you have to pay a annual subscription to remain in CLEAN if yes how much is it? Do you have to take exams, training courses and so on.  Do you have to pay more for these exams/training courses? 

To be able to get people to join CLEAN wouldnt it be a common sense / good idea to let us all know on forums like this and truckmounters aswell as the CLEAN website EXACTLY what the initial costs are & the ongoing costs.

Richie.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 11:27:10 am »
OK.....so you pay £200 to join CLEAN   What do you get in return?  Do you have to pay a annual subscription to remain in CLEAN if yes how much is it? Do you have to take exams, training courses and so on.  Do you have to pay more for these exams/training courses? 

To be able to get people to join CLEAN wouldnt it be a common sense / good idea to let us all know on forums like this and truckmounters aswell as the CLEAN website EXACTLY what the initial costs are & the ongoing costs.

Richie.

According to the website and the way I read it,

Cost of joining is £200 pa

You must take an entrance exam £35.00 - fail the exam you can't join - Can you retake the exam? I would assume so as its more money for them.

So even though people might have IIRC OR NCCA exams pass. You need a CLEAN exam just to make sure you are a pro. It obviously distinguishes you from the rest to show you are the best.

What you get in return for £235.00 is a photo card to prove you are a Professional. I have not seen their photocard but it might have the word "Professional" on it somewhere or "Excellence"

What more do you need. A pen would be nice as well.

Dave

gwrightson

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 12:18:47 pm »

I,ve got some passport photos, somwhere, think ill get one done :)

to be honest what i would really like to know, is what distinguishes clean from any other body? what makes them supposedly the organition that makes you become a professional ?
Who will be doing the training? and what qualifications do they have?
Are they as good as or better than ncca or iicrc intructors?
and finaly( although i,m sure i could think of lots more questions) Why if the case may be , do you have to have more training and pass more exams if people already have these in their pocket?

Somebody, please enlighten me, and give me an honest answer, because i certainly cant seem to find them any where.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

richie

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 03:10:03 pm »
Geoff, what you have said is something that i also look forward to finding out.  Who will be instructing and be the instructor?  What qualifications does this person have that gives that person the right to stand in front of others and say.....IM YOUR INSTRUCTOR?  Whould be nice to see the qualifications of the said person. 

I know it may seem like many are been abit negative regarding CLEAN but lets be honest.....we all have a right to get the answers to our questions.

Dave,

£200 pa.  Bloody hell.  can someone from CLEAN PLEASE confirm actual annual costs please.

Richie.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 04:50:39 pm »
I'm going to be a member which I've already stated but I'm not a director etc but to answer your question about instructors, how do instructors get their passes and jobs in the first place?

I don't know the answer myself.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 05:00:41 pm »
Shaun

Thought you would be on the so call board of directors ::)

Pristine Clean

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 05:03:48 pm »
I'm going to be a member which I've already stated but I'm not a director etc but to answer your question about instructors, how do instructors get their passes and jobs in the first place?

I don't know the answer myself.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I thought to get there instructor status they had do pass the same exams we do but also do another test.

(I dont know what the other test is) then if they pass that they then get an "Im an instructor badge" a little bit like a car driving instructor.

To become the Driving instructor you have to have had 3.5 years driving experience and have a clean licence oh and someone needs to sponsor them to be able to start teaching.

So maybe they have to have cleaned say 300 hundred carpets and 100 stains removals. Successfully and possible only 1 shrinkage allowed.

Possibly they have to own there own kit and prove its theirs. How they do that without a reciept I have know idea.

Oh and at least 5 years driving behind the wand and a sponsor.

Dave

Mike Halliday

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 05:08:08 pm »
carpet cleaning is an unregulated industry anyone can stand up and offer training, its not as if we are doctors or dentist.

I was thinking of offering upholstery cleaning training courses. I've just got a big unit I was going to fill it full of suites  (I'll buy them cheap out of the papers) and just offer a practical hands-on training course in suite cleaning. It will be like nothing offered at the moment, the chance to clean 15-20 different suites/fabrics...... I'll even give them a certificate at the end :D :D

but like CLEAN  I'll offer it out,  if anyone wants to come they can, if anyone wants to moan about how am I qualified to run such a course they can get stuffed, no one is forced to come.

I'f you are not convinced that the instructors CLEAN will use are up to the job..... then don't attend or join..... easy really

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 05:33:22 pm »
Mike,

No need to buy from paper.
let me know what you want , my mother is a managress for age concern and gets offered loads, but unfortunalty has to refuse so many because of fire restrictions.

just a thought!!!

Geoff

Colin Day

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 05:38:41 pm »
For those of you who are worried about where "OUR" money is being spent on the membership. You might be interested to know that the set up fee's alone have proved expensive:

It costs £1200 to get a set of ltd Co accounts done for starters. Then Insurance (EL PL and Professional Imdemnity) £800. All the van stickers etc.

Then of course there will be other costs, I'm sure they don't need to be spelt out as I believe one or two of us should know about running costs!

But rest assured, the accounts "Will" be available to be viewed by "All" members,  so if they're planning on spending a fortune on Chocolate covered Hob Nobs, I'll be asking for my money back ;D

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 06:07:20 pm »
I understand that it is a 'non profit orgainisation' so there's your answer really? doesnt seem like they are in it for themselves.

trying to change the publics perception is a tough task - but wouldnt it be great if they did?

the membership fee i think is £200 and not £235 as there is no vat to pay on such a new organisation as this.

good luck to them i say

gwrightson

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 06:26:39 pm »
Mark, and others who are obviously batting for the CLEAN asc. 
its ok making these statments that its a non profit making organisation, but that is not answering some of the questions I have posed.
The main one in my mind been. To be a member does a c/c have to go on a course and sit exams? even though he or she may well have sat numerous other. Simple enough question, I would have thought , but as yet still no answer.
All I am doing is asking , Not knocking CLEAN , would just like to be furnished with answers, then i will decide what I wish to do.
geoff

Dave Whittaker

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 10:22:49 pm »
Geoff.

I think it's only right that all new members should cough up the membership fee regardless of how many courses/exams they have sat previously. If I signed up for CLEAN as a relative newcomer to the industry only to find that 2000 cc'ers have jumped on board from other organisations...and paid feck all for the privilege, I would be livid.

Will I be joining? Probably. From what I have read so far this organisation is exactly what this industry needs. They seem to be addressing the biggest stumbling block for decent carpet cleaners IMO which is public awareness. They also appear to have leads regarding large contracts which also grabs my attention. At the start of the year, I helped out on a large one day job organised by one of the directors of CLEAN. This paid enough to cover two memberships  if I did choose to sign up.With regular jobs such as this, and these jobs potentially being exclusive to CLEAN members, I reckon signing up could be a punt worth taking.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 10:37:51 pm »
I think it may well turn out to be a good thing for a number of cc's and maybe in the long term for all cc's if it takes of BUT I do think logistics will play a BIG part of who does and who doesnot profit from the new association it does have some very clued up guys working hard to make it work good luck to all.

Regards Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »
carpet cleaning is an unregulated industry anyone can stand up and offer training, its not as if we are doctors or dentist.

I was thinking of offering upholstery cleaning training courses. I've just got a big unit I was going to fill it full of suites  (I'll buy them cheap out of the papers) and just offer a practical hands-on training course in suite cleaning. It will be like nothing offered at the moment, the chance to clean 15-20 different suites/fabrics...... I'll even give them a certificate at the end :D :D

but like CLEAN  I'll offer it out,  if anyone wants to come they can, if anyone wants to moan about how am I qualified to run such a course they can get stuffed, no one is forced to come.

I'f you are not convinced that the instructors CLEAN will use are up to the job..... then don't attend or join..... easy really

How much mike? still not confident unless its an acrylic mix