Ricky M

Re: Cleantalk forum.
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 10:08:31 pm »
Billy Honestly I dont know at this min but I will find out all the details tomor
will call you tomor afternoon   
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Ricky M

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 09:41:56 pm »
It appears Im not Banned just logged out and forgot my dets
my mistake
D'oh
www.ability1975.co.uk

Stu.Clem

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 10:55:45 pm »
dont be forgettin ya dets or i ll be  knockin on  ur  door  boyo....

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 07:56:13 am »
what happened to that stone course ricky??? did pete cancel it for his own good

?????

I cancelled it Billy because there was'nt enough of us to do it.  ::)

craigp

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 08:28:00 am »
If you really, really want to go on Cleantalk but cant get on, why not just phone or email, explain your problem - there may be a simple answer.
Many carpet cleaners from this and other forums log on there.
Like any of the forums, you get some useful tips and the opportunity to help others.

Joe, I have contacted them, and they wont reply, perhaps you could bring this subject up on the forum for us.

gwrightson

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 08:43:25 am »
Craig why so keen to get on ct  ,

you want to be indoctrinated  ;D ;)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

craigp

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 08:46:42 am »
They won't convince me to use cold water :o ;D

But I'm interested to read and see how it differs and whats disscussed

gwrightson

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2009, 01:43:33 pm »

Let me try to put you in the right direction ;)

When you post your first topic , make sure it is singing the praises of the Scorpion, tell them what a fantastic machine it is, tell them you cannot believe the awsome power far superior to any t/m " thats what I was told by a gullable c/c near me in the past"   tell them that heat is not neccasary and freezing water straight from the tap will give as good a results as any body can achieve.
 Dont mention the machine looks a pile of plastic rubbish or that the rug docter looks better built and you will get of on a good footing.

sing the praises , shout from the rafters and tell them Cornwall is the best county in Britain and you will go far, not.             
oh !  and what ever you do, dont mention any other products or you will be hung at dawn ;)

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2009, 03:29:30 pm »
You well out of touch Geoff. Things have moved on if thats how it used to be.
For starters the Pheonix is listed above the Scorpion on the website - so that will flumux you.
The few ocassions I talk to Nick I can talk about the Prowler in a positive way, no problem.
They do have their rules like all forums and whilst you can discuss products from other sources, if you promote it, then thats a no no. Thats fair enough, would let one of your competitors put their logo and tel. number on your van cause theres a bit of space.

Craig, what do you mean you have contacted them but they wont reply.
Have you phoned and asked for Nick or what.
Whats your email address - you need a "proper" one, not a hotmail or similar that cannot be traced. All the forums have people wanting to go on under a guise (for what reason you can guess as much as me), but Cleantalk uses proper identifiable traceable email addresses to keep thos ones away as they are usually disruptive..

craigp

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 04:12:15 pm »
Joe I emailed them, from an proper email address, using my real name my real company which can be verified easily, I have even bought stuff off them sent to me my name, my company. my address.

I don't hide and I never tried to slip under a radar, why do they need a radar?

next time I order from Nick I might ask, first I need you to prove who you are, when he says 'I'm nick from solutions'  I'l say  "ah, but how do I know?"
 ;D

craigp

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2009, 04:57:59 pm »
Nick contacted me, it was because their system had an old email address for me, and he said most guys on here think they are banned but they are not, you need to contact him.

But Simon Gerrad is banned, for being Simon ;D

derek west

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2009, 06:07:32 pm »
i'm definately banned

no reason given, length of ban, life ;D

and i buy from solutions. hey ho.

derek

mark shannon

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2009, 07:02:57 pm »
Spoke to Nick when down at HM yesterday he said only 4 or 5 people have ever been banned, your name didn't come up Derek might be worth a call?

mark

derek west

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2009, 07:20:26 pm »
did robert robertsons name come up? ;D

bet it did ;D

derek "robert robertson" west

Ricky M

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2009, 08:51:41 pm »
Westy , Nick reads here every day  ;D ;D
www.ability1975.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2009, 08:59:17 pm »
helloooooooooo nick, that fusion clean is top stuff me young/old (delete as applicable ;D )
derek " the robster robertson" west

Jim_77

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 12:17:21 am »
Geoff... i think you're the one that's indoctrinated mate :D

Joe has said enough, I shan't repeat what he says but I back him up 100%.  Cleantalk isn't the most exhilarating 20 minutes of my day, but it's a solid, reliable and well-managed forum with tons of useful information available that has helped countless people out, new and experienced alike.

There's no bitching, fighting, swearing or insults allowed and yes if you BLATANTLY PROMOTE other firms' products your post MIGHT be removed.

All the anti-solutions garbage is just a couple of little personal vendettas that got a bit out of hand a while back.  A couple of real tough guys decided to wreak vengeance by back-biting away from the cleantalk forum and spreading BS, which has inevitably become engrained into some of the carpet cleaning community.

YAWN

Think for yourselves, have your own minds for christ's sake.

gwrightson

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 09:27:08 am »

Jim I will not go into details on an open forum, but I can assure you I am quite capable of making my own mind up. I have not been peruaded by any other member on here or any past member come to that, infact quite the opposite.
I speak from personal experience, What I will say is , this includes e mails to me making regarding past comments.

Nothing more to be said, apart from you probarbly wasnt around this forum at the time, oh and as for your statment regarding "There's no bitching, fighting, swearing or insults allowed and yes if you BLATANTLY PROMOTE other firms' products your post MIGHT be removed."

Of course, that maybe the case, Why ?  I wonder is it because members dare not !!! well sorry I am just not into licking peoples back sides ;D

Geoff

Joe H

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 11:53:08 am »
They do have their rules like all forums and whilst you can discuss products from other sources, if you promote it, then thats a no no. Thats fair enough, would let one of your competitors put their logo and tel. number on your van cause theres a bit of space.

So then Geoff, would you allow a competitor to put their business name/logo and telephone number on your van?
I think you sensible enough to tell them to shove off.
So why cant the owners of any forum who are also sellers of products restrict blatant advertising of competitors products.
There is much open discussion on Cleantalk, its educational, its wholesome, its clean, there is not much bitching and insults (unlike some) so it has a lot of good things going for it.
Obviously many want to be part of it.

Jim_77

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 12:02:04 pm »
OK one more post and I'm done with this topic :)

The facts: Cleantalk is owned/sponsored/subsidised by a company who supply carpet cleaning kit & products.  Their policy is not to provide a free advertising board for their competitors, the same as you wouldn't hand out business cards for your local CC competitor, it just doesn't make sense!

Plenty of other products are mentioned on CT, e.g. in relation to a cleaning problem, i.e. try browning prescription on a water mark etc etc.  That's fine, it's part of a discussion, which is what a forum is about.

It's when people post links to other suppliers' websites that the problem occurs.  Promoting and advertising the competition is against the policy of the people who control the forum, and sometimes it's not eactly black and white but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, it's all about respect.  You just have to accept that, it's the way they choose to run it.

I totally agree there are brown-nosers on there and it makes me cringe, some of the posts I read.  But hey, you get that everywhere and it really doesn't require much intelligence to take things with a pinch of salt.  God knows you need several pinches of salt reading some of the crap posted on here!!

Peace, out  8)