wayne zabel

Cleantalk forum.
« on: October 16, 2009, 03:41:43 pm »
Someone has told me about the Cleantalk forum too.Is this a dirty word on here?Sorry about the pun........The thing is I have tried to register 3 times and each time I'm told that the admistrator has banned my Email address.Has anyone else had that same problem?

Joe H

Re: Cleantalk forum.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:01:12 pm »
Its probably not your email thats causing the problem.
You got to use proper names on there - no hiding behind falsies.
It is a very good forum, sensible discussions (well, most of the time).
Some on here wont like it, but take no notice of em.

cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »
Ive had the same problem wayne, ive give up on it.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 04:25:33 pm »
sedto go on quite a lot but i too have not been able to access the site........keep getting a message saying "username is already registered"    and wont accept my password..so dont bother anymore.

derek west

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 04:29:56 pm »
i got banned, tried to sneak back in but think jim sussed me out, ;D

porty heaven, truckmount hell. ;D ;D ;D ;D

derek

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:40:58 pm »
They do have a good system to weed out the plonkers who try to "cheat" the system. Occasionally someone gets through but soon get sussed.
If you genuinely having a problem why not phone or email the office and explain the situation.
If you cant log on maybe, just maybe you are using the wrong password thinking its right.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 04:45:40 pm »
Cleantalk was the original forum that we were all members of, in the beginning it was the bees knees with lots of great members and hot debates, now it has a hardcore membership of Solution followers who  shout down any non believers, usually any competition to the scorpion or Mpower etc is belittled and ridiculed.

it needs to lighten up a little bit and stop taking it self so seriously.

but it does have a wealth of knowledge within its small membership apart from a geriatric idiot from the USA who jumps in with annoying posts ;)

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 04:49:08 pm »
They do have a good system to weed out the plonkers who try to "cheat" the system. O

;D

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 04:56:00 pm »
Cleantalk was the original forum that we were all members of, in the beginning it was the bees knees with lots of great members and hot debates, now it has a hardcore membership of Solution followers who  shout down any non believers, usually any competition to the scorpion or Mpower etc is belittled and ridiculed.

it needs to lighten up a little bit and stop taking it self so seriously.

but it does have a wealth of knowledge within its small membership apart from a geriatric idiot from the USA who jumps in with annoying posts ;)

Good to see you still frequent it Mike.

Its "small" membership totals over 2,200, although, like all the forums including this one, their is a hardcore that posts regularly.

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 05:08:36 pm »
i think i,m banned  :-\

not to sure  , not tried for months and as alredy pointed out, if you are not a sloutions fan, if you suggest the scorpion is not the dogs bollo ks you will have your head cut off ;)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 05:22:56 pm »
There must be a lot of lurkers on they too afraid to post LOL

wayne zabel

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 05:24:56 pm »
Just tried again and same response.Sod it I will stay with you friendly guys on here.I have been given lots of good advice and had 3 days mentoring and training with Doctor Carpet,all thanks to this forum.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 05:27:25 pm »
So now you know how to drink a cup of tea and line your pockets at the same time. ;D

clinton

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 05:29:08 pm »
Mike

Lurkers ;D

clinton

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 05:30:58 pm »
Joe

Got the remote up and working ;D

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 05:41:00 pm »
It's a criminal offence now on CCDO. Lurking with intent to just nick other peoples ideas without contribution.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 05:44:35 pm »
Someone has told me about the Cleantalk forum too.Is this a dirty word on here?Sorry about the pun........The thing is I have tried to register 3 times and each time I'm told that the admistrator has banned my Email address.Has anyone else had that same problem?

Yer i did it said page error, so started me own lol  ;D

clinton

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 05:55:39 pm »
Mike ;D

Is it a straight hanging offence now ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 06:02:31 pm »
Joe, 2200 carpet cleaners have joined cleantalk why don't more people post? read my first post and there lies the answer ;) 2200 joined then most realised it was extremely biased or didn't tow the line so left or found they couldn't log on.

what sort of forum needs to ban certain words to protect its self  ::) ::) ::) or deletes post which might question the owners views or merchandise,  Free speech is a basic necessity of these forums.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Helen

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 06:14:05 pm »
what sort of forum needs to ban certain words to protect its self  ::) ::) ::) or deletes post which might question the owners views or merchandise,  Free speech is a basic necessity of these forums.

Not sure about the carpet cleaning side of CiU but on the window cleaning side you try putting one of the other forum names in and see what happens. If the CiU master machine doesn't automatically delete it then one of the moderators will.
Lets try it....... another forum

And there you have it.....the master machine has changed what I put in and changed it to 'another forum'