Welch

pump tec / pump
« on: January 23, 2005, 06:53:05 pm »
i run a carpet cleaning machine with a pump tec 400/p.s.i pump.
can any one please tell me what powder  i can use with out causing corrosion to the pump head thank you  :'(

dave401uk

Re: pump tec / pump
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 09:15:46 am »
you could use, ultimate master,or why not use micro splitters,that way you only use clear water through your pump,

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 05:07:55 pm »
Run anything you like through it, nothing we use to clean carpets will do any harm.

if you are using a multitude of Ph's (detergent & acid rinse) then they will keep the pump head clean.

or if your really worried flush it out with water at the end of the day.

MIke
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Welch

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 05:53:14 pm »
the powder im am useing stops corrosion but its not . you can not put acid rinse through pumptec pumps ?

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 07:29:03 pm »
Happy,

You certainly can put acidic rinses through these pumps. They will also tolerate de-scaler for short runs.

Are you getting a build-up of incompletely dissolved powder? On the rare occasions I use powders, I pre-dissolve in a bucket before adding to the tank.

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 08:47:57 pm »
Happy

Can you quantify corrosion do you mean cleaning agent/lime scale build up?

I would add to John’s comments not all the powder dissolves even in a bucket, so before poring into the machine use a filter, or on the other hand why not see if they sell your preferred agents in liquid form but you will still get build up unless flushed regally, it’s called maintenance 

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Karl Wildey

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 06:59:35 pm »
Had a water pump fitted many years back which had brass bits in it. Brass disolves in high alkaline solution. Bad decision fitting that pump.
If you stick with the pumps fitted to all carpet cleaning machines available from carpet cleaning machine suppliers you will not have the same problem I suffered.

Welch

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 02:57:43 pm »
i got the pump from a very good carpet supplier and got them in 3 machines.
and the corrosion is in the head and it is brakeing alway inside.and its not the way i use the machine iv be cleaning carpets for 16 years .it onlt these pump