RPCCS

Tomato pasta sauce
« on: July 07, 2020, 07:13:11 pm »
For future ref what will shift this? Daughter. aspilt some on armm of the chair last night. Nightmare to remove, stain exit wouldn't touch it, restore it wouldn't move it , eventually got it with bicarb of soda.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

Re: Tomato pasta sauce
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 09:36:29 am »
So no one can answer this ? Im looking for suggestions for future reference although I achieved a result. It has slightly lightened the area. What can I use that removes it instantly? Also can I use carpet protector on 3 piece or is different solution required?
Cheers Rich

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 05:21:02 pm »
It depends largely on what fabric it is on and how long it has been there as to the results you can expect, also what methods you can use. However....
First try just rinsing with cold fresh water.
Second try either Craftex Pre Enzyme solution or just Acid rinse sprayed on at about 8:1. leave to dwell for 15 - 20 mins before extracting. Repeated applications may be necessary.
Anything from this point on may lighten the fabric depending on what it is.
Next try Craftex Shift, (follow directions) rinse with a slightly alkaline solution.
If there is still no joy it's probibly not going to happen, or the risk is not worth trying... however.... Adding heat to the Shift which is sodium metabisulfite will accelerate and enhance its effectiveness, an iron and damp towel can be used. It is worth practicing this beforehand as it can take color out extremely quickly in some cases. It also stinks of rotten eggs.

john martin

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 05:59:58 pm »
yeah , i think you answered your own question , you got a result with sodium bicarb .  And you did little damage,
There was probably no better solution for that situation.   You have to play around with a few options and see what works .
I had to try and get red berry staining out of a beige linen /cotton bedroom chair this week .  I knew if it touched with sod met or oxidiser products there would be glaring white patches when dry .  Sodium bicarb was less damaging option and i alternated it with dabs of citric acid ( oust descaler is a good source in the supermarket )  and rinsing with extractor .  Actually putting one (citric acid ) on top of the other (bicarb ) fizzes up  , im pretty sure that the chem dry carbonation ingredients,  any way got there in the end , beige dye intact .

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 08:04:20 am »
Thanks for the replies gents, I think I will try bicarbonate of soda first in future rather than last.
Cheers Rich

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 12:00:54 pm »
RPCCS

well done

you already know that this situation was a learning experience for yourself, but how about taking it one step more and use it to show your prospects and customers your knowledge.

go out and buy more of this stuff. now get loads of carpet and fabric samples and put it on them. and record with photos and video all the responses you got from each sample.

now you can use this content to market stain protection and your services as an expert. I would even do more. I would go out and but loads of stain removers from a store and see how they performed as well.

Do both wet and dry samples so you can educate people on the importance of dealing with spillages while wet and not leaving until dry. It was also nice to see you use words like restore as this is so different to remove when dealing with spillages.

well done again

Respects

Ian Harper

RPCCS

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 08:38:24 pm »
RPCCS

well done

you already know that this situation was a learning experience for yourself, but how about taking it one step more and use it to show your prospects and customers your knowledge.

go out and buy more of this stuff. now get loads of carpet and fabric samples and put it on them. and record with photos and video all the responses you got from each sample.

now you can use this content to market stain protection and your services as an expert. I would even do more. I would go out and but loads of stain removers from a store and see how they performed as well.

Do both wet and dry samples so you can educate people on the importance of dealing with spillages while wet and not leaving until dry. It was also nice to see you use words like restore as this is so different to remove when dealing with spillages.

well done again

Respects

Ian Harper
Thank you Ian for your comments, I will do as yoy suggest, I have some old synthetic csrpet in the shedd , perhaps next time I get a wet day and can't do windows, I will get some stuff to spill on tje carpet and use protector on one side to prove the diffetence. I can take photos and put them on my website which is almost ready to launch
Cheers Rich

Yasmin Case

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 12:47:17 pm »
did it help one hundred percent?
I had the same situation and I solved it with soda and dishwashing gel