Robin Ray

Re: When is a portable classed as a truckmount
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 06:29:22 pm »
Lots of interesting comments.. Interesting because my Escape arrives on Friday. Heat is no problem at all because Diesel or propane can be used to heat the water which can actually be hotter  than some TMs,if desired. Mine will not be hotter but I have no desire for 120 degree C heat.

If there are any problems with the Escape of course I will want it sorted but I have looked at the design now for some time and followed those who use them along with experimenting with my existing machinery. I will keep the forum posted on how good or bad it actually is (for those who are interested).

According to the specs it will provide 325 cfm at 16.5hg along with my 80 degrees constant heat I will be adding. I'm not sure I will need any more power than that. Along with that I will have my porty for backup which I have been using van mounted for the past 2 years. For me I'm hoping it will be the perfect set up. It won't be every ones idea of great but as Jason said it's all about what works for you.   :)

mark shannon

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 07:51:11 pm »
Looks interesting the Escape Robin.

will_turton

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 08:48:04 pm »
I was just seeing what people would say on this topic!!!
So is it mis-leading to advertise that  you use a truckmount when in fact you have a portable!! That is van mounted with wheels on,  so you can wheel it around
 Isn't that like saying I use a top end portable and turning up to a job with a Henry !!!
Very deceptive

Robin Ray

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 09:21:49 pm »
Im not sure many do market that way. And if they do who really cares?

Apart from that not many customers notice or care what machine is in the back of the van as long as it cleans the carpet. Before I started cleaning carpets I didn't even know what a truckmount was. I think the only people who really care about machinery is carpet cleaners.

john martin

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 09:29:29 pm »
Lots of interesting comments.. Interesting because my Escape arrives on Friday. Heat is no problem at all because Diesel or propane can be used to heat the water which can actually be hotter  than some TMs,if desired. Mine will not be hotter but I have no desire for 120 degree C heat.

If there are any problems with the Escape of course I will want it sorted but I have looked at the design now for some time and followed those who use them along with experimenting with my existing machinery. I will keep the forum posted on how good or bad it actually is (for those who are interested).

According to the specs it will provide 325 cfm at 16.5hg along with my 80 degrees constant heat I will be adding. I'm not sure I will need any more power than that. Along with that I will have my porty for backup which I have been using van mounted for the past 2 years. For me I'm hoping it will be the perfect set up. It won't be every ones idea of great but as Jason said it's all about what works for you.   :)
so did u just order it online , or did u ask questions ? like im not even sure if if woodbridge stick with the mytee vacs . 
are you getting it on wheels ?  might be usefull to bring it in to some commercials .   Anyway post lots of pics if u can and give a review .  Pretty sure you will like the suction .

Robin Ray

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 09:43:50 pm »
No I did not order it online, I had a chat with John first, as I have ordered loads of other stuff too. The vas are the same as the US machine, in fact the machine is totally US spec as it is coming directly from the US. It will be on wheels, I'm not sure i will use it like that though as I have a decent porty. I'm looking forward to getting it going!

john martin

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »
No I did not order it online, I had a chat with John first, as I have ordered loads of other stuff too. The vas are the same as the US machine, in fact the machine is totally US spec as it is coming directly from the US. It will be on wheels, I'm not sure i will use it like that though as I have a decent porty. I'm looking forward to getting it going!
ok , thats interesting ... the one when they fitted a bigger pump might just have being a test model when thay sold them first .
yes the USA spec is 230v as they are intended to plug into the usa cloths dryer circuit ...or they come with some adapter splitter for 120v .
Keeping the pump down lowish , you might have no problems at all , it would be good to test with a amp meter to see whats drawing what though .
should be good , id be tempted to get one myself as i havnt the time to build one ... you can be the guinea pig  :)

john martin

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2016, 10:59:12 pm »
whats the source of the 80 degress constant heat you mentioned ?

Robin Ray

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 09:23:31 am »
Webasto diesel water heater which will circulate and heat the water in the Escape buffer Tank. The Escape has a High Temperature pump so can take the heat. There is a way to further boost this heat at a later date but i'm not  sure if I will need to.

Another potential option for the future is to import a little giant from the US, but again I'm not sure if I will need or want to.

Glynn

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 04:59:59 pm »
Are you saying your wanting to heat the water with a Webasto diesel heater ?, i.e a Webasto Thermotop ?.
Regards
Glynn

Robin Ray

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 05:51:06 pm »
Are you saying your wanting to heat the water with a Webasto diesel heater ?, i.e a Webasto Thermotop ?.

Yes, Not as an inline heater, but a buffer tank heater. Giving me between 25 and 50 L of hot water always at hand.

Glynn

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 06:04:39 pm »
It wouldnt keep up with that and you would wear the thing out quickly.
Ive had these heaters on my boats for years, they are good but not for the use you want them to do.
Regards
Glynn

Robin Ray

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2016, 09:47:14 pm »
They keep up with a window cleaning system which uses a constant flow of water for hours on end, also i will not be using it as an inline heater. It will be heating a buffer tank first, then all it has to do is keep up with maintaining the temperature against the incoming water from the fresh water tank. I may find you correct in the end but I will take my chances.

Richard Tara

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2016, 09:49:06 pm »

Nice Christmas present Robin  ;)  I  was looking at getting the Escape a few months ago but went for the Enforcer...Keep us updated on how you get on with it.  ( picture in the van or a video )

Richard ( was Carpet2Clean   now Shoreline Cleaning )   www.shorelinecleaning.co.uk
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

Anthony Parton

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 09:12:10 am »
Webasto diesel water heater which will circulate and heat the water in the Escape buffer Tank. The Escape has a High Temperature pump so can take the heat. There is a way to further boost this heat at a later date but i'm not  sure if I will need to.

Another potential option for the future is to import a little giant from the US, but again I'm not sure if I will need or want to.

Instead of burning fuel to just heat the water why not burn fuel to drive an engine and use the exhaust to heat the water? ;-)

Robin Ray

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2016, 01:17:21 pm »
We are talking a lot... lot less fuel here. Also it will make a lot less noise, this was one of the main reasons I wanted an escape. I know that too much noise doesn't bother some people but I personally feel it will be unacceptable for me and my business.

Glynn

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 03:49:23 pm »
We are talking a lot... lot less fuel here. Also it will make a lot less noise, this was one of the main reasons I wanted an escape. I know that too much noise doesn't bother some people but I personally feel it will be unacceptable for me and my business.

The thing that would be acceptable to my business or any business for that matter is to make money and the sound of a Truckmount running = making money.
Regards
Glynn

Robin Ray

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2016, 05:42:19 pm »

The thing that would be acceptable to my business or any business for that matter is to make money and the sound of a Truckmount running = making money.

Thats great.... for you

elliott cleaning

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2016, 10:07:12 pm »
It's not often I disagree with Glynn - but it' s not the sound of a truckmount that = money.  It's the increased speed at which you can clean compared to a portable that = the increased profit despite the higher running costs of a t/m

Robin Ray

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2016, 11:34:10 pm »
It's not often I disagree with Glynn - but it' s not the sound of a truckmount that = money.  It's the increased speed at which you can clean compared to a portable that = the increased profit despite the higher running costs of a t/m

Absolutely...

Just imagine if all that was possible without the added running costs, and the ear defenders!