gwrightson

would you not bother
« on: December 13, 2015, 08:07:04 am »

I have for the last job before xmas the 23rd a job booked in "provisionally"  worth £220.00  , I say provisionally the guy was most adamant he required it doing on that day but did need to make sure that arrangement's could be made for date and time,
  The problem is he said he would call within a couple of days to confirm , this was now over a week ago, 3 calls to him 1 message left
on his voice mail and I haven't heard a thing, I can fill this day quite easily if required , not really any more room for bookings unless it was just a small one I could squeeze in some where,
I feel as though I should now fill this day and not bother with him, the dilemma is if he decides to call and I now say not possible, bad mouthing could be an issue!!! on his part, or am I just been paranoid.
Your thoughts please.
Geoff.
Merry Christmas
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

gwrightson

Re: would you not bother
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:12:10 am »
oops

can a mod please move to cc .
thank you , off to work now .

Heoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Lewis Newby

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:39:17 am »
Did you give him a deadline to confirm by?

If he isn't replying then you have fair warning,  perhaps a final message saying you need to know by tomorrow. If he wishes to keep the appointment,  state that any cancellation made short notice 1 date prior, which can't be filled - he will be charged the full fee.

He may decided to cancel as it's a bit of a push tactic but least you know where you are and won't lose that days pay.

sean oregan

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 08:46:31 am »
I'm with Lewis leave message stating you will have to fill slot if you don't hear from him.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:17:58 pm »
I would definitely fill the slot with someone else.

If its taking him that long to confirm the date you just know even if he does get back to you in the next day or 2 to say he still wants it there is a very big chance with him he will text you the night before the job and cancel any way

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 06:21:09 pm »

He said he would confirm within 2 days.

I called him after this time , I will fill the day  .

Geoff

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 08:08:48 pm »
I will never "provisionally" book somebody in anymore.

"provisionally" means they're uncertain and in most cases timewasters.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Craigp

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 08:12:01 pm »
Fill the slot.

If / when he calls just tell him you can't wait on a 'maybe' when you have many customers wanting a definite on that day / slot.

Like others said he's had fair warning in terms of voicemail ect.

ShaunL

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:40:06 pm »
He's already wasting your time... it's not the time of year to be dealing with people lile this.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 10:48:45 pm »
Just fill the slot and let down the least proffitable job nearer the time.

sorry