« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2015, 04:48:40 pm »
John martin

I admire your ideas but do customers comment on your Heath robinson Toolbox

john martin

Re: Jaguar 8.4
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2015, 05:24:13 pm »
John martin

I admire your ideas but do customers comment on your Heath robinson Toolbox

Not a wheel or pulley present on my toolbox Ian   :)

Never !  I get pestered daily with questions and comments about the Enforcer  , but no one ever asked about the toolbox .

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2015, 05:26:08 pm »
As everyone knows I'm frivolous with money I have truck mount it's a right waste!

Shaun

Enough said really, if you have the work a TM wins hands down, if you don't like me then build your business with the best you can afford until you can afford a TM. Also with all these extra and bigger motors vacs and pumps fitted onto or into a porty does it defeat the object. for example if it is so bloomin heavy you can't lift it into or out of your van and have to have it van mounted is it still a porty.

I have a Jag with 6.6 vacs which have been reliable and long lasting, I run upto 100ft of 2inch hose with no problem, would I go for the 8.4 vacs..................... No because you can't imo beat a TM on every level. Marketing being the biggest point carpet may not be able to tell what is rinsing it but the custy does and they hold the Bangers and Mash

Robin Ray

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2015, 06:06:09 pm »
I think you are missing the point of what im saying..

There are more options now other than just a TM or a porty...
An electric TM like the escape provides as much power as a Sapphire 370ss and as much power as a Prochem Legend gt yet runs on electricity rather than petrol.

I am not saying people are frivolous for owning a TM. This is not a personal attack on anyone owning a TM. I am saying the electric option is now just as good within a certain range but costs considerably less to buy and run.

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2015, 06:38:45 pm »
See what you mean now Robin, Yes an electric TM would be a great option but I thought it was no longer available here?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2015, 08:07:19 pm »
See what you mean now Robin, Yes an electric TM would be a great option but I thought it was no longer available here?

it has been told in the other thread that it is possible to order it, they just do not stock, demo is not available.

alan lewis

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2015, 12:13:58 am »

Robin

You know what they say "There are lies, damn lies and CFM figures"!!! and it would take more than a dozen vac motors to match the performance of either of the below machines, I ran a portable for 8 years so im not knocking them, but there simply is no comparison in performance, if you consider a 3 stage vac to be about 1.5 horsepower then you need 13 to match a 20hp truckmount.  No offence intended, just real world facts.

"An electric TM like the escape provides as much power as a Sapphire 370ss and as much power as a Prochem Legend gt yet runs on electricity rather than petrol".

Alan

john martin

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2015, 12:35:13 am »

Robin

You know what they say "There are lies, damn lies and CFM figures"!!! and it would take more than a dozen vac motors to match the performance of either of the below machines, I ran a portable for 8 years so im not knocking them, but there simply is no comparison in performance, if you consider a 3 stage vac to be about 1.5 horsepower then you need 13 to match a 20hp truckmount.  No offence intended, just real world facts.

"An electric TM like the escape provides as much power as a Sapphire 370ss and as much power as a Prochem Legend gt yet runs on electricity rather than petrol".

Alan

Robin can answer this  ... but hey  , im still up  :)

The problem with your  " need 13 1.5HP motors to match a 20HP engine driven PD blower is ...
you are not comparing like with like  ...   you are asuming efficiency is the same in both cases .  
The PD blowers are a very different designs and there are multiple electric motors ...
not sure how u can equate efficiency in terms of HP .

You ran a portable in either parallel ... or u ran one in series ...  which ever one u had it lacked either Lift or CFM as it was a two motor design .
The four motor design we are talking about here is in both series and parallel so you get the high lift and the high airflow which brings the figures closer to the typical petrol driven blowers specs .
From reading what those that have owned both the Mytee escape and 18-20HP TM said, there is not a whole lot in it up to about 100ft ... after 100ft the electric design looses more that the PD blower .
Also .. advances in electric motors ... the portable u ran probably had two 450 airwatt motors ...  some recent motors produce up to 680 airwatts .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2015, 06:01:33 am »
Does anyone have electric tripping issues with the bigger portables?

I use an electric pump and have to take a power cord into the kitchen otherwise I would trip a fuse box a couple of times a month.... this is just with a high powered pump.

I also go through the connectors at the end of the extention lead every  3-4 months as the plug melts the plastic and welds itself into the extention lead.

I won't comment much on the portable v TM  but if you want to say that the most powerful portable available has equal suction to the most basic entry level truckmount  then I would happily agree.

What I think would  stop a portable being a viable alternative is the autofill fill requirement, where would you hook up the freshwater supply? Inside the house has so many tap variants to find a tap fitting that would be 100% useable without spraying all over the kitchen would be hard (with my PW  I have tried so many times to use inside taps when they don't have an outside tap,it always is a nightmare) using an outside tap would mean using cold water unless you want your immersion then you are waiting around for it.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2015, 06:07:26 am »
A quick thought....

If you can safely hook up a hosepipe in the kitchen to feed your portable Why not fit a pump into a box then sit it on the kitchen floor and hook up to the sink tap then directly feed your wand.

This would  emmediatly  get rid of the hosepipe running through the house and an electric cord
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2015, 07:34:15 am »
A quick thought....

If you can safely hook up a hosepipe in the kitchen to feed your portable Why not fit a pump into a box then sit it on the kitchen floor and hook up to the sink tap then directly feed your wand.

This would  emmediatly  get rid of the hosepipe running through the house and an electric cord

then first thing you would need to do when arriving is a dishwashing to empty the sink in many houses :)

Robin Ray

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2015, 08:06:15 am »
Alan, my answer is the same as what John says. Also in terms of power and efficiency did you know Diesel trains actually run on Electric motors the Diesel bit is just a Generator... they don't seem to lack power.

Mike I had in mind having a tank in the van. For example, I uses my window cleaning system to fill my portable. With the pump and hose reel I have the option of either running it in the van or taking the portable out and leaving it at the door and running up to 100 meters of hose to it.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2015, 06:07:05 pm »
Robin, when people bring up this issue they always or usually refer to how much power there is in the recovery or vacuum. Leaving aside that we beg to differ on what has already been covered. The truckmount working at say 400 psi is totally different than a portable at 400 psi. So the comparison is still flawed that one is close to the other.  You mentioned The Prowler, that is I think 3gpm at 2000 psi and piping hot water. Again, you cant compare the two as they are too far apart.

Robin Ray

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2015, 08:08:34 pm »
Your right Peter I am talking about the recovery system.

I have never felt the need to clean a carpet at 2000 psi however I do concede that petrol powered TMs do spray out a lot of water. As for heat though my magma heater generally produces steam when I need it, however a propane heater is the real answer. There is not one in the uk that can compete with TM heat though.

john martin

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2015, 10:40:10 pm »
Does anyone have electric tripping issues with the bigger portables?

I use an electric pump and have to take a power cord into the kitchen otherwise I would trip a fuse box a couple of times a month.... this is just with a high powered pump.

I also go through the connectors at the end of the extention lead every  3-4 months as the plug melts the plastic and welds itself into the extention lead.

I won't comment much on the portable v TM  but if you want to say that the most powerful portable available has equal suction to the most basic entry level truckmount  then I would happily agree.

What I think would  stop a portable being a viable alternative is the autofill fill requirement, where would you hook up the freshwater supply? Inside the house has so many tap variants to find a tap fitting that would be 100% useable without spraying all over the kitchen would be hard (with my PW  I have tried so many times to use inside taps when they don't have an outside tap,it always is a nightmare) using an outside tap would mean using cold water unless you want your immersion then you are waiting around for it.

could be something like the startup surge on your pump ?     or you work an area with out dated electrics ?
The melting lead ... it might not be thick enough ? or there is a bad connection somewhere causing resistance .

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 07:07:50 am »
A quick thought....

then first thing you would need to do when arriving is a dishwashing to empty the sink in many houses :)

Mike I have used auto dump, it never really seemed to work as it couldn't pump out as quick as you sucked in, that's cleaning at 300psi. Auto fill works great though but wouldn't use it unless I could connevt to an outside tap

john martin

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 09:08:52 am »
A quick thought....

Mike I have used auto dump, it never really seemed to work as it couldn't pump out as quick as you sucked in, that's cleaning at 300psi. Auto fill works great though but wouldn't use it unless I could connevt to an outside tap

It doesn't empty right manually either  :-X

I believe the mytee escape for example has a pumpout that can keep up  ...
autofill often impractical  , you see the Americans posting pics of their portables left in the customers ' restrooms ' with the dump hose sticking into the toilet , that wouldn't really be exceptable where i work anyway .
Back to the buckets ... only way i found to speed that up is ... two buckets

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »
I'm not sure what vacuum motors are in this

http://carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/rotovac_CFX_powerpod.shtml

If I were a reach and wash cleaner and wanted to go into carpet cleaning as well then I would put this machine by the door and pipe water from my van you could dump the water into the rose bush or something.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 10:57:07 pm »
I'm not sure what vacuum motors are in this

http://carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/rotovac_CFX_powerpod.shtml

If I were a reach and wash cleaner and wanted to go into carpet cleaning as well then I would put this machine by the door and pipe water from my van you could dump the water into the rose bush or something.

Shaun

It is portable ! But i dont think many take to it  , and i believe its pricy for what it is .

This is the sort of quotes i read about it ...

"I hated the CFX. Long setup and break down times because you have to hook up fresh water feed and APO for every job no matter how small. No water pump, marginal suction. I never ran more then 50' with a CFX and would get 18-24 hour dry times with a Rotovac. There are a lot better portables out there for less money. The only thing a CFX has going for it is that it is small. "

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 08:28:09 am »
Who sells 1600w or 1800w electros and would they fit in a Powerflight cheers Darren.

We have them Darren. Looking to swap them out on our PFX1350 to trial next time they pop. As one of the machines is a courtesy/loan/hire machine it will no doubt go soon down to the abuse it gets.

Our machine doesnt have the extra fans and cooling of newer machines so we may need to look at that to keep the airflow through the case as the machine set up works those motors hard.