stevegunn

Re: websites
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 08:11:28 pm »
Doug

Could you add me to your site I have done the same for you ;D

Where is the best place to get links from?

Graeme@Access

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:57 pm »
Hi,

If anyone wants a link email me what you want your link to say, and i will add you to our site tonight.

Cheers

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

Ali_D

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 02:57:29 pm »
Andy

If you log into fasthosts and go into configure website you'll see Traffic Driver.  Starts at £24 per year for basic and goes up to £120 per year for super duper listing. They'll submit your site to the search engines, give you monthly reports and one to one advice to optimize your listings.  If you try it, let me know how it goes.

Ali

the red carpet

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 10:53:43 pm »
Andy east sussex, iv just added a link to you from my site.
Steve Gunn, iv done the same for you as i saw you wanted links.

woulod obviously apreciate if you two could do the same for me.

Rabby, iv also added the links you e-mailed me a few weeks ago.

Anyone else want to exchange links?

stevegunn

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 07:09:27 am »
Andy east sussex, iv just added a link to you from my site.
Steve Gunn, iv done the same for you as i saw you wanted links.

woulod obviously apreciate if you two could do the same for me.

Rabby, iv also added the links you e-mailed me a few weeks ago.

Anyone else want to exchange links?

Linked back to your site cheers

steve cardy

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006, 07:25:43 am »
Hi scott,
I agree with you about people just want to how the basics but i found the way it loaded up onto the page a bit slow and if iwas a cust imight have got bored and gone onto another site.
 cheers steve.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2006, 08:10:37 am »
-I would be extremleygratefulif you would exchange links with me.

www.carpetmedic-norfolk.co.uk

Many thanks

Graeme@Access

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2006, 01:43:35 pm »
Hi,

Ian, I will add you to our site tonight if i get a chance (and remember)  :D

Andy, Have you got a links page on your site? I will add you aswell if you want and can return the favour.

Doug, Do you fancy a link exchange aswell?

If anyone else wants a link exchange then I would be happy to add you to our site.

Cheers

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

the red carpet

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2006, 06:58:19 pm »
Ian, link to your site should be done tonight

Scott, if you think 90% of your customers havent the time, why have you designed the site the way you have?

i find it very slow and very long winded, and personally wouldnt wait i would just click on another site.
looks very professional though, i like the way your coverage area comes up, very nice

stevegunn

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2006, 07:38:55 pm »
-I would be extremleygratefulif you would exchange links with me.

www.carpetmedic-norfolk.co.uk

Many thanks

Link added

Liahona

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2006, 11:42:16 pm »
To The Red Carpet and or others. I looked at your site and wondered in a lot of cases although not all, that the same pictures are being used in various web sites. Not only that but also the same format is being used.  Why is this? I am finally getting a site together and of course using pictures but they are all of cleaning that I have done and also I am trying to come up with a more unique design, just to be different. I am sure it doesnt matter too much its just that I am a fussy xxxxxxxx..... However looking at the links you have I was a bit concerned with the same or similar site after site after site. It came across as a franchise which I know it isnt but a customer might not. ..... but then maybe to them it isnt a problem, anyway, best, Dave....... Dont worry I will put mine up here to be critiqued too hoping it will be as different as I plan it to be. Who knows I might shoot myself in the foot the way I have done it but wont know till it is out in la la land....

the red carpet

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2006, 12:52:08 am »
a lot of the sites on my links page were created by the same guy and that is why they look alike and link to each other
the pictures on my site were took from other peoples sites just to use untill i got my own sorted out.

however my site is now my main source of new customers and is doing better than i imagined it would, so its now a case of
"if it aint broke dont fix it" i have my own pictures and ideas for the site, and im sure it could be designed better as i done it myself.
but to be honest im scared to touch it.

Liahona

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2006, 08:17:04 am »
ok, and thanks for the reply. More to the point I am glad it is working for you. I dont advertise as you probably know by now but again I am going to do a web site. On the contrary to most people though I dont actually want people to find it maybe as easy as you or anyone else does. My theory is to get who I want to go have a look at it.......but like I said maybe I am shooting myself in the foot. I will have to wait and see. Nothing ventured I suppose, I can always re-do it if it doesnt work.......a mate of mine is creating the web site for me as like you I would be scared to touch it...........I designed it so to speak but wouldnt have a clue as how to put it together.........I built his fire place and wood burner for him, he builds my web site.....Best, Dave.

Doug Holloway

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2006, 01:18:55 pm »
I am a bit puzzled by your suffolk site, are you using a helicopter?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2006, 06:59:03 pm »
'about us' & 'picture' lead to the same pages.

just how many,   'millions of square metres of carpets cleaned' have you done? and where's the proof ;) ;)

Mike
 '
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2006, 08:59:45 am »
Mike,

Thanks for that , I published my pictures twice.

I first started cleaning carpets at M&S head office 1971-1981.

Own CC business 1982-1986 (London), 1989-present (Essex) and estimate I have cleaned at least 2,000,000 square metres of carpet.

Ian,

I am developing websites so www.suffolkcarpetcleaning.co.uk covers my neighbouring county.

Cheers

doug

Doug Holloway

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 05:22:16 pm »
Hi guys,

www.suffolkcarpetcleaning.co.uk has got to the top of Google if you search suffolk carpet cleaning ;D

Cheers

Doug

Mark Roberts

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 06:40:26 pm »
Nice Doug,

Looks like google has finished there latest update and let a load of sites out there filter. Ive noticed a big shake up of results.
My website has jumped up to the first page for 'carpet cleaning' on google.
 :o

Mark

Doug Holloway