Ian Gourlay

Re: Organisation
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 04:52:34 pm »
My  first post was a little humrous

But about Four years ago I joined an organization on Ebay which was completly Free

Guy who thought of it in West Country gave up on it

Regarding employing a Sales Manager

I think that is more of a Grouping type organization

Can anyone remember what Proclean was or is .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 05:27:00 pm »
why do these organisation try and run before they can walk,

if you want an organisation then just start one, if it has 5 members then so what.... next year it might have 8 members the next year 15 members

why does it need to be big from the start?

why do people have to take on the world, it might be good for your ego to be president of a massive organisation..... but it isn't going to happen.

all you need is for some carpet cleaners to roll up their trouser leg, kiss the chickens bottom and swear an allegiance to work for the common good of all members.... and there it is..... an organisation
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

creighton foyle

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 06:41:10 pm »
with so many people saying that a new organisation would be a good thing in principle , why dont they all join the ncca and try and change it from within  (i think they were dereks words in a previous post),  but it does not make any difference who said it the point is if enough new members join then the will of the majority could be forced on to the minority who it seems to me at the moment run things as they please,  but it must also be said that they are in such a strong position at the moment due to the apathy of the existing members.

there are i believe a few posters on here and the ccdo forum who are capable of joining the ncca and taking on the existing management with a view to running the organisation in a way that will genuinely be of benefit to the members and not just use it as a cash cow .

PaulKing

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 06:59:12 pm »

all you need is for some carpet cleaners to roll up their trouser leg, kiss the chickens bottom and swear an allegiance to work for the common good of all members.... and there it is..... an organisation

You took the oath on the secret hand tool and now you've broken it, the boys will be around shortly.
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

jim mca

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 07:43:43 pm »
Mike totally agree with you big things grow from little things was just putting over
what it would like to be part of I read a lot of negitivity towords the ncca but in my
opinion you get back from things what you put into them the hardest part is everybody
has a different idea of what they want some tv ads others great web coverage me I
would start with commercial work but again everyone has different rates. A sales network
is a lot cheaper to build and delivers better results then any other paid advertising.

Colin Day

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 07:51:44 pm »
The way I see the NCCA is, there are too many hoops to jump through and kiss at the same time ;D

derek west

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 07:56:47 pm »
if its a network your toying with jim then i'd completely dismiss the word organisation from your thread. ciu members don't like that word. ;D

as long as its free, anyone will join a network.
this is how i'd play it. set up a website, funded by yourself, ask everyone to add there details for free, then get those members some work, then charge.

simples. ;D

in fact so simple, i might even do it myself. who wants to join my TACCA network for free?

Billy Russell

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 08:25:45 pm »
i think with the NCCA there is a stucture already in place so a lot of hard work has been done ( thats not to say theres not still more hard work to be done) I'm a member and will continue to be a member because i like the idea of an association, Yes i've only received a few jobs directly from the NCCA, but the amount of jobs i've recieved from being a member of the NCCA when i've gone in against another cleaner, it has paid for the membership many times over, I have also been in touch with the biggest newspaper in are county who have agreed to do an article on the benefits of using a NCCA member! the only thing it will cost me is the time it takes to write a article, but as i'm rubbish at writing, i spoke to the NCCA office and there doing it for me.
It annoys me a little to be honest when i see so many people be negative about the NCCA and the so called heirachy! Tonight there was a general meeting, 14 people turned up, what if more turned up to have there views heard???? i don't think people can sit back and have a realistic view unless you've been a member and been to the meetings and tried making a difference! If the people that are negative about it have done all of thee above, then fair enough, i accept your views towards it! I never went to the meeting tonight so what ever has been decided it's my own fault for not going! but i will be at the next one without fail so i can air my views and what i think.  I'm not saying that the NCCA has not got faults! I'm sure some of the senior members will admit that they have, but i am saying it should be the duty of a member to promote it as much as they can and help it to get national recognition, and to be at the meetings to help make changes for the better! i.e Harder training and exam, perhaps work with a senior member for so many days before you can become a full member, i don't know, but reading some of the posts on here i see theres some very knowledgable people who i think can make a real difference, if people really want to make a difference then why not step up join up and help it move forward.................. I mean no offence to anyone by this post, its just my opinion

derek west

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 08:43:21 pm »
nicely put billy but i can't see the NCCA listening to someone who's only been in the business for 3 years. allthough ive got some crackin ideas. especially for competence in the members. soon get rid of the riff raff. ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 08:50:28 pm »
I disagree, i think having someone who's relativly new to an industry is good, i think sometimes when your in something so long you get blinkered to new ideas, it's nice to have someone who has a different outlook on things but it's also nice to have the more experienced head! You should meet somewhere in the middle and bang we've got a Association everybody knows and loves.............  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 09:06:25 pm »
I think you are wrong Derek ( how dare I) the trouble with people wanting to change the industry from within an organisation or a new one is that they don't follow it through or don't have the time to.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 09:08:40 pm »
Good post billy :)

Maybe someone like derek will bring fresh ideas etc

Billy Russell

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 09:10:10 pm »
Shaun,

Have you met Derek? When that boy gets his teeth into something he don't let go!!!!!!!  ;D i still got the teeth marks on my evo wand!!! ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 09:14:11 pm »
Clinton,

I hope you mean fresh ideas????

Fesh ideas sound like some sort of sex game  ;D

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15:04 pm »
It's not the job of the members to promote the NCCA nationally, although it helps.

It is the job of the NCCA.

I wouldn't care if one of their policies was free cigarettes for beagle puppies, providing the general public had some clue who they are.

They supposedly have approx 500 members paying £200 a year - that's £100k per year.

FFS what do they spend it on if the directors are unpaid - and please don't tell me expenses.

£100k year after year - believe it or not PR doesn't have to be expensive, especially if you establish a good relationship with a well connected PR company.

They've had 40 years and still no national awareness.

Billy Russell

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 09:23:58 pm »
Exactly Steve, you just said it, What do they spend it on?

Have you been a member?
Have you been to one of the meetings?
Have you looked at there books?

I'm not meaning those questions to sound funny, it's just so i can get a base line of where your coming from!

clinton

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 09:25:14 pm »
Billy just changed it ;D

Your right billy once derek gets his teeth into something thats it ;D 5 big macs is just his starter ;D

clinton

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 09:27:46 pm »
40 years is a long time as steve said and still not much  public awareness

Billy Russell

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28:06 pm »
Thank you very much Clinton, Makes my post look stupid now! ;D

Anyway what do you mean 5? Is he on a diet? ;D

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28:37 pm »
Billy to answer your questions:

No
No
and No

But assuming my figures are correct, they have had a million pounds go through their bank account in the last 10 years - you are obviously far more clued up about them than me, so perhaps you can shed some light on what they do with the money. Because 12 copies of newslink and a stand at the cleaning show each year won't justify it.