Alex

Re: appointments and jobs
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2004, 07:40:11 pm »
Cheers Phil,  I know what you mean I do visit the customer to quote, however, you do get people still asking for a price which I tell them I'll give you a rough price - I guess I don't want customers who just want a carpet clean on price and no quality.

Cheers everyone

John_Flynn

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2004, 07:43:51 pm »
Alex

Tell them you do NOT give guesstimates over the phone and as you are a proffesional you need to see the job, if they will not let you visit they are price shopping, so you do not want them wasteing your time.
I get better looking each day!!

Alex

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2004, 07:51:56 pm »
John, I hope I don't sound think here but thats never come into my head about saying no to guesstimates( I'm not taking the p*ss), I'll start to this when the next person rings and I'll take it from there. You're totally right when you say they are price shopping.

Come on phone....Ring!!

Cheers John

Mark Betts

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 08:18:36 pm »
Alex

The reason the first question they ask is How Much??  is because they dont know what else to say.

A large perecentage of people have never booked Carpet and Upholstery cleaning services before so its all they know to ask.

I always visit to do quotes etc, unless it is a regular customer or its just a small job like a Hall stairs and landing.

Yes we get quite a few of those small jobs. You find that sometimes people are wary of the results that can be achieved so once u do a small job for them a lot of the time they will book you to do the lounge, suite etc etc.

I had 3 calls today.

One for a H/SL which was a recomendation which i quoted over the phone. One for a complete house (2 bed terrace) which her first queston was how much and a third was also a recomendation from another customer which is a bit more complicated involving Dog and Cat wee!!

I am visiting those jobs tomorrow to book them in.

The last couple of days I have had 6 jobs come in.

2 were from yellow pages

1 was an existing customer

and the last 3 were recomendations.

Cheers

Mark
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2004, 12:33:44 pm »
The answer to all of this is image. If you project the right image you will suceed .
Imagine this, you are a customer and you want your carpets cleaned. You phone two guys.
One turns up in a smart signwrittenvan. He is wearing smart work trousers and matching polo shirt with embroidered company logo. He is clean and smart.
The other guy turns up in beat up old estate car on his way home from a job. He is grubby, sweaty and is wearing old jeans with the knees out.
The second man may be a brilliant cleaner but I know who will get the job.
Image, Image Image. every time