carpet_bright

van insurance recommendations?
« on: January 01, 2004, 10:51:48 pm »
Can anyone recommend a reasonable van insurance company, I would be very interested to know if there are any good deals out there and if any include full contents insurance for my equipment in transit.

Yours hopefully

Paul

Derek

Re: van insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 11:39:51 am »
Hi

In answer to your initial question...try McGregor Lloyd on Tel: 0121 7060616

As a matter of course I always lock my vehicle at any point I leave it...it soon becomes a habit.

It is so easy to forget to do this and I know of many cleaners who have had small pieces of kit stolen in the few seconds it takes to move stuff from the vehicle into a house. A second point to consider is that if a child takes a chemical from the vehicle whilst unattended, the implications are frightening.

Most new vehicles are fitted with immobilisers these days but I always have an audible alarm fitted as well. The additional cost, I consider, is well worth it

New Years Resolution folks....ALWAYS LOCK UP YOUIR VEHICLE!

Reagards
Derek

woodman

Re: van insurance recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 03:28:26 pm »

And also Derek always on petrol forecourts  when you go to pay as a mate of mine found to his expense as the insurance would not pay out as he had left it unlocked :-[

Derek

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 12:21:22 pm »
Hi Woodman

I did say 'whenever you leave your vehicle' and my practice is always to do the same when filling up with fuel....a good point that may have been missed.

Here in sunny Leicester we have had cars stolen at forecourts when keys have been left inside whilst the driver is paying the bill.

Regards
Derek

Dave Parry

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 04:50:30 pm »
As a slight aside, what about using a t/m with a van with central locking ? Do you lock the rest of the van and if so how? Presumably you have to go round each lock individually and lock them using the key, or can you frig sorry modify the doors to give access for the hoses? I ask because on my Hiace the central locking will not lock if a door is open.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Derek

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 11:56:42 am »
Hi

Although not a truck mount owner I have seen vans where hose access has been through the floor of the van which enables the van to be totally secured... maybe TM operators could expand on this.

Wouldn't it be advantagous for a tracker system to be fitted to the vehicle?

Cheers
Derek

Derek

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 08:48:15 pm »
Hi

I am surprised ...when I had my tracker fitted to my vehicle the whole point,as explained to me, of it was that no labels appeared as a warning to potential thieves.

Even I haven't a clue where it is located

Cheers
Derek