DJP

Reach and Wash Systems
« on: March 11, 2016, 05:22:02 pm »
I've used Ionic systems for 13 years but want to update my system but find Ionic very expensive. There are many other systems out there, are they any good?. other supplies I've looked at are Brodex, X line etc any feedback would be great,

Thanks

dd

Re: Reach and Wash Systems
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 05:36:50 pm »
Why not try Pure 2o - the value brand of Ionics. There systems look just as good to me and they offer to price match a similar system from a competitor.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 05:37:43 pm »
Brodex have a terrible reputation- try Gardiners, Pure freedom, Grippatank etc ....

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 05:44:47 pm »
Brodex have a terrible reputation- try Gardiners, Pure freedom, Grippatank etc ....
Thanks for the mention Nathanael.

Do let us know if you would like any help or a demonstration DJP.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 07:52:23 pm »
get one hand built of stev scargill ,  I friend of ours is  getting a floor tank built to cover the full of  his new transit connect 600 lts and freeing up all the rest of the space of the van , cant wait to see it

capn sparkle

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 10:16:33 pm »
My pure Freedom system is 2 yrs old this month cracking bit of kit - only had one JG fitting split @ 69p heard good reports of Grippa tank and bad ones of Brodex

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 02:10:37 am »
I've upsized from Streamline 500 litre system to a Streamline 650L, then reduced to a 600L Ionics system since starting WFP method 14 years ago. Changed my van more times than my water fed systems.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 07:08:46 am »

I agree.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 08:33:33 am »
I've used Ionic systems for 13 years but want to update my system but find Ionic very expensive. There are many other systems out there, are they any good?. other supplies I've looked at are Brodex, X line etc any feedback would be great,

Thanks

Just a thought if you are happy with the tank size keep the tank as is already bolted to the van floor. Then just buy new bits for it that you need to revamp it. Doing away with the expensive to maintain old ionic ro set up etc.

That is what I would do anyway as would cost very little to revamp it.

If you don't need to produce pure on demand on site you don't need the ro in the van at all.
It seems more popular now to produce pure from a static system whilst out working. Then just quick fill after work instead of having the van attached to a hose for hours overnight.

russ_clark

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 08:44:12 am »
Do not Touch BRODEX with a barge pole.
I have had bad experience with them and they have supposedly just gone pop
and set up with a new company fronting it . Not for the first time either.

Positivity

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 08:51:37 am »
Brodex have a bad reputation for support and customer service true, but their kit is good.
Tanks are really strong and rigid, all brass rectus and stainless steel fittings, decent pump and controllers.
I have a well used second hand system and I have had no problems for 4 years now.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 08:57:01 am »
Why not tailor make your own system? Or oversee it's construction and installation.

Think want you want for say the next ten years allowing for expansion or contraction (retirement) or selling as a going concern.

E.g. Tank size and shape/Hot option/reel positioning/RO and resin static or in van.

Get a firm of engineers to make up and fit a tank in a frame and build the rest yourself.

It's a game of three halves!

sunshine windows

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 11:39:51 am »
We've got 2 from Purefreedom that are still going strong after 9 years. The recent 2 came from Stephen Scargill of Aquaeous Plastics and have been spot on so far.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 11:55:35 am »
Grippatank. I've had a Grippatank system for nearly three years. Very professional and reliable piece of kit.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

concept

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 10:03:22 pm »
Grippatank, superb customer service, probably the best I've ever had.

johnwillan

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2016, 01:20:37 pm »
Hi DJP

I've had "Brodex" & "Pure Freedom" but moved to DIY as I could not see the benefit until a recent change to GrippaTank, driving is now a pleasure as I cannot hear or feel the water sloshing around and I have a dry van for the first time in many years, yes they all do the same thing at the end of the day but personally I wouldn't go back.

HTH

John   

DJP

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 12:22:08 pm »
Thanks for all the advice, Its gave me a lot to think about.

I think I'll stay away from Brodex  can't be done with all the issues etc. I'll think I'll have a look into Grippa Tank, Pure Freedom and Pure2o, do a bit of research, other than that just stick with what I got and add a hot box.

Thanks again

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 02:33:45 pm »

I think I'll stay away from Brodex  can't be done with all the issues etc. I'll think I'll have a look into Grippa Tank, Pure Freedom and Pure2o, do a bit of research, other than that just stick with what I got and add a hot box.

Thanks again
Thanks to all our customers above who recommend our brand - its very much appreciated.

DJP - please do drop us a line via our email if you would like more information and pricing on our product.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

dd

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 06:40:23 pm »

Thanks again
Thanks to all our customers above who recommend our brand - its very much appreciated.

DJP - please do drop us a line via our email if you would like more information and pricing on our product.
To the best of my knowledge PF just use cheap Wydale tanks. If you want a better quality properly baffled tank IMO go for Grippa or Pure 2o.