NWH

Re: Oil filled rad
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2021, 10:48:41 pm »
When it freezes like it will this week night after night after night it will still freeze up,you have water in the system somewhere ie the pump the joins and the bends in tubing the fitting going into the reel the list goes on.
If you do get it going the hose will be so stiff once you get it off the reel you won’t get it back on it lol.

Mike Burd

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2021, 06:23:23 am »
When it freezes like it will this week night after night after night it will still freeze up,you have water in the system somewhere ie the pump the joins and the bends in tubing the fitting going into the reel the list goes on.
If you do get it going the hose will be so stiff once you get it off the reel you won’t get it back on it lol.
I had it in my mind you were Ascot way?

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2021, 01:14:01 pm »
Well, plugged my £15 radiator in last night and guess what ?
None of the above happened.
Just cleaned my own windows as a test run. No issues whatsoever.
Still wouldn't want to be out working today/tomorrow and I don't need to be. Pavements are still iced up and the wind chill doing my own windows was enough , I've got to tend to my wood burner anyway  :D

NWH

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2021, 02:17:02 pm »
If you use a mono brush in these conditions they’ll just look like someone run their fingernails through the dirt after they’ve been cleaned,please if you must clean windows in this use a flocked brush lol.

Re: Oil filled rad New
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2021, 02:54:45 pm »
If you use a mono brush in these conditions they’ll just look like someone run their fingernails through the dirt after they’ve been cleaned,please if you must clean windows in this use a flocked brush lol.
I did.  I was testing the system out on my own windows to see if the heater did the job I intended it to  -  keeping my pump, reel, hoses and gear frost and ice free and it did . I'm not working in these conditions , I can't be arsed and I've no need to.