buzzing

Adding an on/off tap to pole?
« on: February 04, 2015, 03:28:13 pm »

A mate explained it.  But can I run through it, Do you extend you pole to its full length then add on an extra metre of hose then cut there.  Dip the end of the hose into boiling water to soften it fit the two end to on/off switch then tape it about 20cm/8 inches up from bottom of pole.  use gaffer tape?     

johnny bravo

Re: Adding an on/off tap to pole?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 03:36:06 pm »
i use 2,  one at top near brush, 1 at beginning of reel hose.
top one a simple push fit type off gardiners site,
reel one is an old backpack tap

both get used   

johnny bravo

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:40:04 pm »
6mm or 8mm   pole hose,       soften it in boiling water, kettle.        if you dont have a pushfit one      you then push it onto tap fitting   put an o ring or hose clip to secure it onto tap fitting at hose connection

get either off ebay,      free posting.     main sites charge.

£7 -  £11

make sure you get the right size for your hose.

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:43:04 am »
Unger Hi-Flo works well for me, no leaks and no cold water running down you.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 09:24:10 am »
In my experience a simple push-fit flow valve works well whether mounted on the pole or held by the operator.

A push-fit valve should not leak if in good condition and well maintained. If a push-fit valve starts to leak then either the hose needs the end cutting off and re-inserting or a stem to barb adapter should be fitted to the pole hose. This way you can use a valve with no leaks.

buzzing

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 07:00:52 pm »
Jon the one i gave you has brass barbs

Extend your pole (give yourself a bit extra) then cut the pole hose
Put the pole hose on the barbs (put the ends in hot water first to make them supple)
(The barbs are in push fit so they will come out of the tap to make it easier)

Jobs a good 'un

buzzing

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 07:04:56 pm »
If the hose comes out of the bottom of the pole then comes back up the pole on itself then bends off to the pump and water supply that seems like two unnecessary bends in the hose!  (Can't remember how a mate did it.)  Is it possible to drill a hole in my Ionics pole (bottom section) feed it through down from brush then tape switch to pole and have the hose go back to the pump and water supply?

Alright Joey.  if i do it like you say won't there be some bends in the hose if i tape it on the pole? 

johnny bravo

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 07:14:30 pm »
 ???

Don Kee

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 07:16:25 pm »
I'll ring you in the morning mate, i aint got a clue what you're on about now!!!

;D

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 07:48:53 pm »
These ones are very similar to what I used to use before I started using an Aquatap

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/pole-flow-control-valve-new-design-p-333.html

Cable tie it to pole, the bracket has got a nice couple of holes (oo-er) for the hose to go through nice and neatly.
You can't polish a turd

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 07:52:29 pm »
These ones are very similar to what I used to use before I started using an Aquatap

Cable tie it to pole, the bracket has got a nice couple of holes (oo-er) for the hose to go through nice and neatly.

Wont that mean you've got like 11 feet of loose pole hose hanging around when you close the pole?

DaveG

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 07:55:35 pm »

Wont that mean you've got like 11 feet of loose pole hose hanging around when you close the pole?

Just a big loop!  ;D  The same with any tap
You can't polish a turd