Alex jones

Hello all,   

Looking g fir some help or pointing to a parts source.  I have seen many YouTube videos  with people doing  a softwash  and they are carrying around    a 20L barrel and  spraying  direct from the barrel with I assume some sort of siphon device.

What would that be?   

I'm a keen DIYer  and there must be a better way than just  premixing and using  a pressure sprayer!

Thanks for any help !!

Splash and dash

Re: Softwash ditution_ spraying direct from container- youtube vids?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 04:06:19 pm »
Do you mean an x jet ?

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 11:22:08 pm »
That will be an x-jet - it mix’s in the nozzle you get various inserts to have different strengths but tbh I only ever used the max strength mixture.

If you diy you can put a chemical injector on the end of the lance  put a qr on it for quick change and a female 1/4 qr after so you can have different nozzles

The above was done this way - cost effective - instant - quick to set up and use

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 07:53:04 pm »
That will be an x-jet - it mix’s in the nozzle you get various inserts to have different strengths but tbh I only ever used the max strength mixture.

If you diy you can put a chemical injector on the end of the lance  put a qr on it for quick change and a female 1/4 qr after so you can have different nozzles

The above was done this way - cost effective - instant - quick to set up and use

would you be able to link me the diy route please , them x jets and such are £250

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 04:14:59 pm »
will do - give a day or so and ill put something together
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Stoots

If i made a DIY injector would you just premix the hypo in a barrell and spray it that way ? or does the DIY injector you describe set the dosage like and x jet ?

Smudger

No you put the feed tube directly into a barrel - it will draw at the prescribed rate mixing just before the nozzle

Smudger

Here's one

You always get more info off USA sites - so you get 20% chemical - if my maths are correct you would use 2.1 litres of Hypo a min
which would give you 1.4% strength

Max Pressure: 5500 PSI
Max Temperature: 190°F
Up to a 10% injection draw rate
Made in the USA
Orifice: 2.2 mm
Flow Rate: 3.0 to 5.0 GPM
Inlet: 3/8" NPT-M
Outlet: 3/8" NPT-M
Hose barb: 1/4"
Materials: Stainless Steel
Weight: 0.25 lbs.

Or this - you can buy them to mix from 1% to 5%
already has a qr to fit on the lance and another qr for the nozzle

Stainless Injector with couplings (Blue, Red or Clear pipe)
High quality stainless steel foam injector including stainless steel quick couplings. Dosage orrifice plate at required % with pick up tube and strainer.
(Different orrifice percentages at 1% to 5%)