gwrightson

Re: Water Heater
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 04:44:28 pm »
Now i do feel guily :-[ :-[
 Having said that , i do hope you understand the reasons for the suspicions
 after all i did send questions, and mail,
 and to say you where bidding for your son, does look strange!!
 How ever , i cannot argue , and wish you well in a speedy recovery,
  and good luck in the future
 geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

amberville

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 08:47:35 pm »
Thankyou to all members  that have understood and emailed me a speedy recovery. No bad feelings including  ? for reporting me to Ebay for untrue allegations, But would members concerned please be a bit more careful  before making comments on the site as we can all become unable to comment quickly  for all different reasons, hopefully no other members will end up in my position.

Dub

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2005, 09:54:39 pm »
Well I received the "unused” prochem heat exchanger Wednesday last.  The final purchase price due to shipping costs to Dublin was stg£175.00, the shipping costing stg£35.  But a good deal for an unused new item.

Unfourtunaly it must have got damaged in the first class post that took 2 weeks to deliver. The UK postal service also must have tried to repair it!  When I went to test it I got a burning plastic smell around the leaking intake housing where it had been patched with some type of glue.  I removed the brass intake to see if it needed plumbers tape and found that the internal female thread "inside"Dub the exchanger is cracked.  Tape or Glue will not fix this exchanger!  Have to go now and clean up all the water on my kitchen floor before the wife gets home.

Griff

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2005, 01:40:54 am »
What can you say to that,
Other than sorry to hear that mate. >:(
Where do you go from here. might be able to get your money back, as it was not as described.

Griff
Light bulbs don't give off light,,, they suck in the dark.
And when they no longer work it's because they are full.

gwrightson

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2005, 07:15:41 pm »
Oh dear,
  pleased i didnt bid any higher, Now im sure Amberville will sort you out with some sort of compensation :-\  after all i believe it was described as brand new , unused  :o :o
  now my initial response to this particuler item have been rekindled,
 but i will not jump to conclusion!!!!!! after all "i did make myself look a fool to start with "  OR DID I  ???   
  good luck with your claim
 geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Dub

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2005, 07:38:02 pm »
I will put it down to experience , Don't have the energy to chase people for refunds. I have started to take the exchanger apart now  - will be an expert on them soon! Prochem watch out.