Tosh

Re: Snookered myself
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2017, 01:06:16 am »
Does that mean you'll be egging more windows?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Og

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2017, 07:47:04 am »
Charge double for all cleans!

ian m

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2017, 10:02:59 am »
funny how time changes things 25 year ago window cleaners did what they liked with customers, some on here still try and do it , with the influx of new window cleaners every week , all with new vans and pro fitted set ups they have on tick fighting for work  when will the tipping point come when the custmers as all the say ? I think that time is coming quicker then most think it will

I have seen so many shiny new vans this last 8 months in my area.
Thankfully I am well established with a largely loyal customer base.
I would hate to be just starting up in today's economic climate.
I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

Michael Peterson

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2017, 01:12:06 pm »
Tosh , that is mint lol

NWH

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2017, 10:30:32 am »
I think middle aged and above customers are far better for this problem they are more likely to want you on a regular basis in my experience,the younger they are the less they want it doing you have to try and suss them out from the first clean when you've been doing this job long enough you can spot em a mile off,if they are in an area where there are many window cleaners the chances are they've been through all of em.

lee_dewing

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2017, 08:34:36 pm »
Very true NWH.

I rarely do enquiries from my website, my answer phone message states a regular monthly service.

I never answer my phone unless its a contact already in my phone.

Voicemail is nearly always a messer I.e "I need my windows cleaned soon as I'm getting married and will probably have a regular service in the future" 😁

If the customer is local and sounds 50+ I'll give em a ring!

Walk ups are very rarely done there and then I tell em" back next month, there maybe a chance I can slot you in next week. Here's my card, text me later today and I'll be in touch."

I give them a quote example 1st clean 50-100% extra.
£20 job is £30-£40 1st clean.

Alot don't bother getting in touch.

I don't need anymore work but always happy to have a good customer aboard.

Have the odd customer move, die, or rarely they become a messer 😖

Unfortunately there's no way to 100% protect against messers, just bump up the first clean price not too much but cover your ar5e as much as you can.

By fitting new cleans in when suits me and only taking on work near my existing round helps take the sting out of one offs.

I can't be bothered asking walk ups if its regular, voicemail's I get time to ponder if it's wort it.

All good fun😁
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle