Dave Willis

Gardiners green versus Exceed blue hose?
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:51:59 am »
Are they similar or is one softer than the other?

PHILIP HARDY

Re: Gardiners green versus Exceed blue hose?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 11:23:50 am »
I have used both and just prefer the Exceed Blue it is just a little more managable, I actually think what you get now is a different hose to the original, The both have little stretch and are very tough, the difference ofcourse is in the price, if your budget allows the Exceed then go for that, the Gardiner Green is a fair bit cheaper so has that benefit. Looking at overall bang for your buck they are both very good hose's.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 01:27:20 pm »
The blue exceed is by far the best pole hose , if using hot water the ionics orange is also very good

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 02:39:24 pm »
Cheers, I have used the Exceed blue and it’s certainly tough if a little prone to kinking, maybe I’ll give the green a go.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 07:59:31 pm »
I couldn't get on with the green hose, even after months of use it just wouldn't lay flat. It constantly coiled up and ended up in mass tangle! Much prefer their all season yellow hose- might not be perfect but at least manageable!!
Comfortably Numb!

robert mitchell

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 06:45:37 pm »
The blue exceed is by far the best pole hose , if using hot water the ionics orange is also very good

have you got a link for the ionics orange hose?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 06:50:54 pm »

No I haven’t sorry I normally phone them up and order 100 meter roll , I don’t know if they advertise it or not  .

robert mitchell

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 09:49:58 pm »

No I haven’t sorry I normally phone them up and order 100 meter roll , I don’t know if they advertise it or not  .

ok cheers
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

DeLuce

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 07:09:37 pm »
I went from Exceed blue , which wore out, straight onto Gardiner’s pu hose and although quite similar, I found the Gardiner hose tended to twist up more frequently than the Exceed hose and when reeling in, the Gardiner hose tended to kink and knot up ( I use a cloth when reeling in) quite a bit more than the Exceed hose which seemed to unravel more on the reel in.
They are both decent, but imo, the Exceed is better overall.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 09:13:59 pm »
The latest Gardiner's lighter green hose is pretty good I find. Hard wearing, doesn't need stems, lays pretty flat and doesn't kink too much.

Tony Edwards

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 10:31:14 pm »
The latest Gardiner's lighter green hose is pretty good I find. Hard wearing, doesn't need stems, lays pretty flat and doesn't kink too much.

Whats the advantage of PU hose over say gardiners all season hose ?

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 07:00:38 am »
If it’s similar to Exceeds blue then there’s no need for the barbed inserts in any pushfit connections and it’s so much tougher.