Paul Moss

Cfr Eco carpet cleaning machine
« on: July 14, 2016, 09:00:44 pm »
I've owned a quite a few machines over the years  and a couple of months ago a local buy folded and asked me to buy some of his kit. I bought a few pieces and one was a CFR Eco machine, I only bought it as it was a good price and also never used one before.
Well I've used it a few times now and what a great bit of kit. Heats the water super fast with its built in inline heater and the quality of the cleaning power is amazing. Using the wonder wand and the cfr hand tool it leaves the job nearly as dry as using a truckmount.
I can't believe I've overlooked this machine over the years and would seriously advise any one looking for a new machine or if upgrading to look at this bit of kit.

john martin

Re: Cfr Eco carpet cleaning machine
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:46 pm »
would it be that u just had crap portables before ...   like what if you had a portable with two or three times the suction of the cfr  , and you had a top inline heater ,  giving u scorching water from cold at upholstery tool rates ,  and them u used it with the cfr handtool and the wonderwand .   That would be even better .. wouldn't it ?

Tony Stewart

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 07:41:24 pm »
Hey Paul I have one of those. I bought it second hand and I think it's much overlooked. It has

Good heat on the inline heaters
Only needs two plugs that can be run off a double plug socket
Recirculates the water and filters it so you dont need to change the water as often as a normal machine
Cleans at 600psi and atomises the water
It has an 800 psi pump so you can overclock it if you really wanted by adjusting the nut on the inside of the pump regulator.

But it's still a portable but a good backup for flats etc.............truckmount it aint but I have the extended hoses so could say that I'm van mounted carpet cleaning- just need to get those 4 inch nails and my lump hammer and I'm there  8)
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 12:19:53 am »
John I think you are being a bit harsh, Paul has had umpteen portables the last one if I remember correctly was a Storm as well as owning a Truckmount. Personally I'd love to see the heat on it, when I had a wonder wand (quite some years ago) I couldn't get it to hold constant heat with my TM and also I didn't have the patience to get fully used to it.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 12:38:28 am »
John I think you are being a bit harsh, Paul has had umpteen portables the last one if I remember correctly was a Storm as well as owning a Truckmount. Personally I'd love to see the heat on it, when I had a wonder wand (quite some years ago) I couldn't get it to hold constant heat with my TM and also I didn't have the patience to get fully used to it.

Hopefully didnt come accross harsh ? i know paul knows his stuff . 
Il try and explain again  ...
cfr eco  ...  500psi pump  , single vac 6.6 , standard heatexchanger ( i mean its nothing special i use the same one form amtech )

So if you have say a storm for example , same or better pump , twice the 6.6 power , heater ( same or better )
then what makes the cfr any better ?
I know the cfr handtool is great , wouldnt be without it , and id the wonderwand is kinda a similar design then im sure thats great too ...
just nothing revolutionary about the machine spec

Tony Stewart

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 07:21:01 am »
Hi John

I am not as technically expert in the figures so I bow to your knowledge.

When I look under my "bonnet" I can see two vacs, an inline heater, another heater underneath and it cleans at 600 psi so I may have the one up from this.
As for better - both of these recirculate the water and take less emptying and filling up, so that's better by far.
The jets are much finer and atomise the water and it is enclosed in the wand to spray and remove the soiling at the same time. It leaves the carpet quite dry.

john martin

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 09:20:01 am »
sound like you have the older one  ...
you can check the spec of the newer one at the bottom of this page
http://www.amtechuk.co.uk/shop/CFR_ECO_500_Perfect_Heat_Carpet_Cleaning_Machine-pid-178.html

Its designed with american 120v thinking imo  ....       we'll just have the one spec for both areas , easy for us to make .

Its fine for close range extracting with the low flow atomised system ...  buts not high performance
you are not going to reach all the around a house from the door  ....    there are even some types upholstery i would like to clean with one vac .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 10:34:09 am »
I think there is a great deal of diminishing returns with portable &  truckmount machines.

If you have a single vac machine that dries a carpet in 2 hrs adding a second vac will not make the drying time 1 hr, then adding a 3rd van will not reduce it to 30minutes.

You can use the CFR. Machine with a single vac and the drying time will not be massively more than Duel vac machine. All this adding independent vac booster is not with the effort of setting them up to gain what is probably a 15-30 minute increase in drying times.

It would be interesting to see how it compares to using the additional effort to set up 2 airmovers.

It's like boy racers fitting Loud exhausts on their cars, flashy alloys or nodding dogs in the back window...... It might make them think they are increasing their performance but it's just about the eternal search for the magically fast drying time
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 11:30:30 am »
You don't need power says the guy who uses a truckmount .
See my saddle oil thread  .... The cushions in that are an example of a type that would be wet for hours with a single vac. ...  OK i did use four motors on them but they are almost dry an hour later ....and they were black from kids spills etc.
Also convenience ....you can leave a powerful portable at a fixedpoint and reach upstairs ...what do u do with the CFR ... Whatever it is its slower work .
Power makes a difference to both speed and standard of cleaning as well as drying imo.   

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 11:33:57 am »
I've took the TM out.... Now use a wet vac......just as good ;) ( seriously)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 09:21:19 pm »
 ;D well put Mike  ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 08:09:28 pm »
Mike, don't your trucks just fall out on their own 😀

Shaun thanks for your kind words, I knew you still loved me 😍

Tony gllad things are going well for you, you have come a long way fast. Yep the truckmount is the way forward for making money. You have seen the light 😄😜

John, you know I can give as good as I get so no worries there.

All I would say guys is that over the years I've either owned, used or fiddled with every bit of kit out there and you get loads of info off people with hidden agenda's or companies who make machines. There are loads of cases and arguments for which is best machine, which has best air movement/flow,  hardy yardy yardy.
I make my choice on actually daily use, performance of the job in therms if it making money for you in the best possible way whether it be machines, chemicals, or process.
All I will say is if you are looking for a decent portable then include this in your list.

John Martin, have you ever used one?

john martin

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 09:40:11 pm »
Nah ,  im killing it these days with four 6.6 through 2" hose straight to a 2" swivel wand . 
I couldnt use a single vac  , i can simulate the performance by switching one vac on  ... i know its not very good .

Paul Moss

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 03:48:08 pm »
John why bother , when you have still about half the power of a truck but with much more messing around. If that's the road you want to go down then don't be a wanna be, just buy a truck buddy.

john martin

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 05:28:20 pm »
Ha , if there was a place close to me selling tms I would probably have succumbed by now ....but I have no sales or service here in Ireland .
But really !  I questioning do I need one ...I really have TM performance this time ....its violent dangerous suction ....would def kill a dog or a small child if I left the hose lying around .
And this year ...its cost me ....nothing !!!
 :P

Logan Brown

Ian Harper

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 08:53:22 am »
Paul Moss

Interesting most people are talking about the machine an spec but missing the big feature thats the time it saves not filling up. that means more productivity. time is the one thing we all have the same amount off so it use has to have the most value. this time saved can mean you can get more done in a day or pass on the benefit and provide a more competitive price. or even add more value to the customer with free stuff

Glynn

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:12 pm »
John,
You don't.
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 08:16:04 pm »
John,
You don't.

I would love to argue with you Glynn  , but i dont have a truckmount to compare and you dont have a series /parallel quad 6.6
so i guess its stalemate

Donald form steambrite should know his stuff ... dont you think ?

http://www.steam-bright.net/showthread.php?3642-Compare-Vaccum-performacne-Goliath-quad-6-6-portable-VS-20-hp-36-blower-truckmount

Paul Moss

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 07:22:41 pm »
Come on that's only a 36 blower.
If you put a 45 blower or bigger against it then it would suck it's balls out 😀

elliott cleaning

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 09:23:57 pm »
Exactly - who with a T/m still  uses one with a 3 series blower

Tony Stewart

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 10:07:42 pm »
And mine was on 230F today on medium power................that would burn a dog or a small child!

Paul  - that's why I bought one as it would bug me to keep filling and emptying it all the time. Mine came with the extra length of hose so I can get away without carting the thing upstairs.

It may not have the suck of something like a Storm but it cleans roughly as well as other portables and has a bit of heat, but I only use it when I have to.......5 floors up or no access for parking. But hey if I'm doing that I then have the extra option of swishing all the dirt round evenly with a rotary and a bit of encap!  ;D ;D

Paul Moss

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 09:50:42 am »
Tony, I'm using mine for suites now , makes life easier with just one fill as you say. The hide a hose pipe is great too.

john martin

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 10:42:40 pm »
phone clip of my " better than a 20HP " portable  ...   murdering this two hectare room today

https://vimeo.com/177300227

Paul Moss

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 05:24:41 pm »
Hahaha, John you really make life hard for your self.
Get your self a spinner head such as a Rx you will be able to do that size area in half the time . Oh no sorry you can't , I forgot your using a portable lol. If you had a truckmount with a decent size pump then you could have used a Rx or RD 😀
Keep working your but off buddy 😀  Oh and on the chemical side don't use too much if that oil remover or you may find yourself in trouble 😉😘

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 05:29:27 pm »
I love the wand, is it light weight and easy to use?

Paul Moss

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 05:33:08 pm »
Yep you said that about the wonder wand a few years ago Shaun, then sold it 😀

Paul Moss

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 05:36:00 pm »
Can't see any steam coming off that wand and I don't like the lines being left by the glide either.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 05:36:29 pm »
Ww are not light, Ti wand was light but just too big for domestic, need a light weight wand as its hard work pushing it all day with my tm.

derikraven

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 06:40:20 pm »
would it be that u just had crap portables before ...   like what if you had a portable with two or three times the suction of the cfr  , and you had a top inline heater ,  giving u scorching water from cold at upholstery tool rates ,  and them u used it with the cfr handtool and the wonderwand .   That would be even better .. wouldn't it ?
Crap portables?  I've used portables for the last 46 years and never failed on a job yet.

john martin

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 08:14:08 pm »
Crap portables?  I've used portables for the last 46 years and never failed on a job yet.

You misunderstood , i didnt mean portables are crap , was just questioning if he'd owned a high performance one .

john martin

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 08:18:48 pm »
I love the wand, is it light weight and easy to use?
Not sure if it would be lighter than Ti you had , its light for a big wand ... it doesn't feel clumsy in any way though .  Its really nice to use . Its very hard to demo holding a phone camera as you need two hand holding it to go fast and control the swivel .
Review here also ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISI2Z5lro6E&feature=youtu.be

john martin

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 08:29:49 pm »
Hahaha, John you really make life hard for your self.
Get your self a spinner head such as a Rx you will be able to do that size area in half the time . Oh no sorry you can't , I forgot your using a portable lol. If you had a truckmount with a decent size pump then you could have used a Rx or RD 😀
Keep working your but off buddy 😀  Oh and on the chemical side don't use too much if that oil remover or you may find yourself in trouble 😉😘
Oh , im not mad enough to go wanding all that  ,  I HWE the bar areas and a few dirty areas ... everything else get bonneted and spotted .   I did the main lobby and another bar full hwe same day .  long day but hey , thats carpet cleaning .
Try the oil remover  :)  i mix it with my lavender deodorizer to create a killer prespray , all you be thinking is ... why am i giving  four times the money to prochem or chemspec for something similar or more watery . 

Paul Moss

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 08:38:30 pm »
I've used that oil remover for years, it's very good .

john martin

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 09:02:55 pm »
great ! i thought you were scolding me for using it.
Its fast becoming a mainstay in my chemical range ... its like there is nothing better on the dirty stuff and it costs peanuts .
I still like to have UM in the tank also for the brightening effect i feel it gives .

Steve_Knight

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 07:21:58 am »
Its fast becoming a mainstay in my chemical range ... its like there is nothing better on the dirty stuff and it costs peanuts .
I still like to have UM in the tank also for the brightening effect i feel it gives .
Citrus pre spray or Rubicon?

Robin Ray

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 07:39:49 am »
John, If you have the power of a 20hp TM why don't you set your machine up like one? Most of the time lost on a job is from loading and unloading, filling and emptying. Your machine set up could easily run from a tank,  empty into another tank and run at least 250 ft of hose.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 09:34:20 pm »
How big is the wand John? What sized head?  How much? And.....how tall are you?

Thanks

john martin

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 10:34:48 pm »
John, If you have the power of a 20hp TM why don't you set your machine up like one? Most of the time lost on a job is from loading and unloading, filling and emptying. Your machine set up could easily run from a tank,  empty into another tank and run at least 250 ft of hose.
yeah , its a pretty simple way i work ,not the most efficient  but it doesn't bug me too much , like in that room i pushed the enforcer over to the bar door which has hot water tap just inside , filled it ( it holds 4 1/2 full buckets )  and i was spraying with hydroforce in no time . There are some advantages to being portable and moving to different locations too .
But yeah , iv thought of having a stationary ETM , but i would have to do it right with hose reels etc , i might get round to that yet .

john martin

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 10:35:13 pm »
Citrus pre spray or Rubicon?
Rubicon !

john martin

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 10:42:13 pm »
How big is the wand John? What sized head?  How much? And.....how tall are you?

Thanks
I think mine is the standard middle size 64"  , im about 5-10 .   I wouldnt want the shorter one , find the reach and stroke length good.  Head 14"
How much ? if you are patient , deal direct with tony dang on the caltoolusa website , and its about 650usd ... if u get it through the TMF store or larry cobb supply expect to pay around 900 .  Tony dang , my impression is hes busy and more of a wholesaler ... u will get short replies to any email questions , its probably best to ring him . But u will get there .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2016, 11:17:37 pm »
Thanks John,  I'm unsure what size I'd like like you I'm 5'10" but after having a Ti wand which was too long I'm going to have to find out what the next size down is.

john martin

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2016, 11:22:43 pm »
lengths are mentioned on this site , 58 , 62 , 67 ...    according to the chart u should have the middle one ... but personal preference varies i suppose
http://orangecoastsupply.com/devpro-ii-adv-wand/4464995

Paul Moss

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 12:41:54 pm »

It's one of the few chems not many know of, great for greasy pubs and restaurants and mixed with other surfactants and a bit of sodium metallicate to boost it then it eats through anything very quickly  :D😉

Paul Moss

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2016, 12:44:10 pm »
Lol watch it go up in price now