Shaun_Ashmore

Re: What's your income?
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 08:05:19 pm »
Mike H don't you work 7 days a week? 300-350 a day adds up obviously not including the countless holiday days you have off.

Neil 3 hours a day 40 weeks a year for £50k have I got that right? Good on you if I have.

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 08:26:23 pm »
During the summer with the pressure washing I tend to work 7 days with the weekends just mornings.

At the moment I'm doing 5 days but as soon as get booked up for 2 weeks I will start working the weekends.

Like I said I would love to hit £350 every day but  like today it worked out at £180 due to inconvenient bookings ( people not letting me start at 8-8-30) they wanted 10.30 and I could not get a job booked in before hand.

A couple of days with just single carpet jobs and it knacks up the full weeks taking.

But still had 7 weeks holiday this year plus 3 or 4 weekend breaks :)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 08:58:24 pm »
It will be a lot less if I have to pay overtime on there holidays! ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

neil 47

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »
Shaun

I meant I do chuff all most of the time and get by .

I've had big money in the 80s mining contracting , you tend to live to what you earn so I keep my outgoings low and my income just a bit higher . I've had the same alltec machine since 2003 and it's only had the two vacs and pump changed once .
IICRC

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 10:18:35 pm »
I mentioned on another post last week about cleaning leather as an add on service, again most homes or commercial businesses will have pigmented,synthetic/imitation leather furniture as these are the most popular and also the easiest and quickest types to clean. I know guys who just do this type of cleaning and are earning anywhere from €50 to €75 per hour depending on which type of home or business they are working in, they are carrying out the cleaning manually with not much physical effort and all without any machinery, they are also making extra income in offering leather protection, again just sharing from my experience as i know it to be more profitable than just cleaning carpets and upholstery.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 10:42:21 pm »
Neil if everyone worked luthier finances like that the country would be in a far better state! I am surprised that you are still in the business my mother has very bad arthritis it only gets worse I'm afraid.

Shaun

SimonW

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 06:58:01 am »
I noticed few important aspect of running a business and you guys shared also ideas worth of attention.
Thanks a lot!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 04:22:32 pm »
Simon

Forget what others are earning  Fomulate your plan and put it into action  But you have to spend on Marketing  not the odd £40

neil 47

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 04:31:21 pm »
Ian

Your wrong , my complete marketing send is £47 a year haven't spent more than that in 10 years
IICRC

Mike Halliday

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 04:36:00 pm »
Ian

Your wrong , my complete marketing send is £47 a year haven't spent more than that in 10 years

Yea but as you said earlier....

"I do chuff all most of the time and get by "

So your saying .....if you want to do chuff all spend £47 a year.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 04:42:34 pm »
Ian

Neil

You, Derek West, and a few others are clever buggers and do not spend on Advertising . It could be your market is a Big City so Yep if you can get away with £47 great but the rest of us have to work our Balls off .    Never heard me speak like that before  i leave mike and shaun to do the moderating  ;D ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 04:50:40 pm »
I spend nowt on advertising, and only on a web site for the last 2 years...

But I don't clean carpets or upholstery any more.... Just removed the website from the t'internet......

So my income is now nowt...  :o

I am now retired from the cleaning industry as a professional (shut it Simon  ;)  ;D )

Am going to put my hobby to good use as an income..

Breeding and selling exotic parrots...

Unfortunately for you lot though..... I like it on here and will stay here to bug you all..

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Hilton

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 07:03:35 pm »
Who's a pretty boy then  ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2014, 07:08:49 pm »
 :P :P

;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »
I am now retired from the cleaning industry as a professional (shut it Simon  ;)  ;D )

;D ;D
Hector,
Perish the thought that I would even contemplate asking how you can retire from something you've never been? ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 07:26:33 pm »

;D ;D
Hector,
Perish the thought that I would even contemplate asking how you can retire from something you've never been? ;D

You will keep.......

:'(

neil 47

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »
Ian

Neil

You, Derek West, and a few others are clever buggers and do not spend on Advertising . It could be your market is a Big City so Yep if you can get away with £47 great but the rest of us have to work our Balls off .    Never heard me speak like that before  i leave mike and shaun to do the moderating  ;D ;D

Ian , ill tell you what Mike h told me "MOVE"
IICRC

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 09:34:02 pm »
I thought i also persuaded you to move  Neil do not get me wrong Im thrilled its worked out for you and you have not got to worry about Leaflets , letters etc 

Hector after all these years you put a spell on me to go LM  know you quit

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 11:50:26 pm »
is the parrot thing true?

I thought you hypnosis fat birds to think they are slim?

*Hector*

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2014, 04:08:41 am »
Yes Tony the parrot thing is true... so is the hypnosis.

Breeding parrots from home gives me time to get the hypnosis going properly too, and I am getting into mentalism in a big way.... It is fascinating how Derran Brown gets away with his act....  ;D