john martin

Re: Boosted Enforcer ...
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2014, 01:23:50 pm »
What motors does the mytee escape use? is it just 4 bog standard 5.7's . On a side note has anyone noticed woodbridge used to sell the escape at nearly 8k plus vat and now it's only 4140 plus vat  :o They couldn't have been selling many at the first extortionate price 

In the USA the escape has four 585 airwatt tapered electros in series /parallel .
The UK machine should be the same ... although who knows if woodbridge have changed them for any reason . I asked JohnLabarbera a while back and didnt seem sure himself ! if they kept to the original setup .
I think they have rephrased the pricing for the escape ... it looks fairer . It says 4140+ for the machine ... and nearly 3000 for the gas heater as an option .

jeff1966

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2014, 01:27:13 pm »
Hi John, would it be easier to build, using one 6.6 vac motor?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2014, 02:00:56 pm »
You can buy a 6.6 set up from cleansmart albeit johns very neat self build would be cheaper to re produce it depends on how good or handy you are or how much money you have in your pocket.

Shaun

Robin Ray

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2014, 03:18:34 pm »
It would be easier but using one 6.6 in parallel rather than two 5.7s in series but you will loose the lift of the two 5.7s. By using two lots of series pairs in parallel you get the best of both worlds the lift and cfm. Which is what makes a truckmount so much better than any porty. In effect you will have the the vacuum performance of a entry level truckmount, all be it with more lift.

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2014, 08:42:05 pm »
Surely they are all in series not parallel?
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2014, 09:28:03 pm »
Surely they are all in series not parallel?

If they were all in series . ie four vacs all connected to each others exhaust .  Then i would have to connect my booster to the exhaust of the Enforcer .

They are two pairs of series ... each pair of series are plugged into the waste tank in parallel .

Just imagine there is one motor in the Enforcer  ... and one motor in the booster ... that would give you a parallel setup with around 200+cfm   .
Then if you attach another motor to the exhaust of each you keep your 200+ cfm but your lift goes up by about 70% .

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 09:36:21 am »
Ah, bald moment, I see now.
Andrew

Adrian Walton

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2014, 06:39:24 am »
Did you fit another ball cage to the second port or just run it without one.

stuart_clark

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2014, 07:54:18 am »
Four motors in series, ive done that before, just conected to ninjas together, but not a good idea, it wasn't long before number one motor blew up

stuart

john martin

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2014, 11:12:59 am »
Did you fit another ball cage to the second port or just run it without one.

Just the one cage  ,  i may fit the second one , there is room and can be easily done .
The port is about an inch above the cutoff point of the main cage so you might be alerted by the change of tone or airflow , but perhaps not if you were a good distance away  . Might be good to fit the cage .
A good APO might be another project at some stage also .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2014, 11:15:01 am »
To look at this critically....

Why Go to all the hassle of making one of these, then the hassle of connecting it every job to cut half an hour of your drying time...... Is it really worth it??

How about just using a 10inch wand instead of 12 or 14 or spending 10 more minutes doing extra dry strokes, or use a wonderwand or use the scientific Stryker wand.

Lots of ways to achieve better dry times which in the end is the reason for using a booster system
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2014, 11:37:04 am »
To look at this critically....

Why Go to all the hassle of making one of these, then the hassle of connecting it every job to cut half an hour of your drying time...... Is it really worth it??

How about just using a 10inch wand instead of 12 or 14 or spending 10 more minutes doing extra dry strokes, or use a wonderwand or use the scientific Stryker wand.

Lots of ways to achieve better dry times which in the end is the reason for using a booster system
A bit like saying why get a 40hp TM when a 18HP will do  ?

I would see advantages like leaving it in the one stationary place out side a house while being able to do the upstairs with the same cleaning performance and drying times as the nearer downstairs rooms .

I need to use it a bit more in varied situations to see if was worth it or if il use it a lot , but i was a bit of fun as a mini project too  ...

dan paton

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2014, 11:54:57 am »
One question please John. When it's running and the toolbox lid is closed is there any chance of the motors overheating ?

john martin

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2014, 12:30:58 pm »
One question please John. When it's running and the toolbox lid is closed is there any chance of the motors overheating ?

No more than inside an  extractor , the motors are getting cooling air from the tops which are are protruding ( were suppose to be flush really ) and the hot air from the exhaust is all vented to the outside .

stuart_clark

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2014, 12:48:48 pm »
An Engineer friend of mine is going to use johns example and knock me up the same arrangement but in parallel ! Just think a Scorpy with five vacs ! That must be near TM power without the running cost

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2014, 02:00:44 pm »
Or the heat, I do think it's a fascinating project won't a scorpion and added booster need 3 cords?

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2014, 02:05:39 pm »
It will shaun, but I run three cords now anyway with my 4.2kw drop in heater and in most situations there hasn't been a problem tripping  circuits

Stuart

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2014, 02:58:27 pm »
It's tripping over cables that you have to watch out for, it's a mighty piece of equipment the set up alone must take some time.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »
If it gets the carpets/ upholstery that much drier its worth it

stuart

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2014, 03:43:29 pm »
Have you a pic of the heater you use please Stuart?
Andrew