Russ Chadd

Re: Enforcer or Storm
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 02:14:58 pm »
I will be taking my enforcer to the TACCA day if anyone I interested in having a look

nathanjd

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 06:26:35 pm »
I will be taking my enforcer to the TACCA day if anyone I interested in having a look

Sorry if you've answered the question elsewhere Russ (but i heard you are the man in the know) How are you rating the enforcer, to be more specific the vacuum system, i take it you have 5.7SD and 5.7HD config?

Nath

fibresafe

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 09:48:07 am »

Here is An electro three stage (enforcer ) and a 6.6 ( storm )

Please tell me why you think the 6.6 is more powerfull when it clearly isn't  :)

http://dev.ametekfsm.com/Bulletins/122235-00.pdf

http://www2.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4762

regarding heaters ...  the enforcer does not need two heaters .   a 3kw immersion is a very effective and reliable heat source on its own .
if you couple it with an inline ... steammate or whichever  ...   the preheated water will get hotter faster and stay hot consistently .
Many consider the ashbys steammate to be one of the best inlines available .

John,

Ashbys can't be using that Electro motor in your link - if you could get that motor in the UK it would draw about 9 amps, which would mean the Enforcer would be drawing over 16 amps in total, and obvioulsly they are not allowed to go over 13 amps.

I think Ashbys are using 1 x 660-117 (5 amps, 400 air watts) and 1 x 660-49 which (7.2 amps and 552 air watts), so not much different to the more expensive Lamb Ameteks they've been using for years, but with a little higher lift but probably a little less airflow:

http://www.electromtr.com/bypass-tangential-exhaust-motors.htm

Cheers

Russ Chadd

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 11:04:43 am »

Sorry if you've answered the question elsewhere Russ (but i heard you are the man in the know) How are you rating the enforcer, to be more specific the vacuum system, i take it you have 5.7SD and 5.7HD config?

Nath

Hello Nath

The machine's vac system seems to work very well indeed, to be fair its just as easy to remove the machine from the van and use shorter hoses so at 50' the performance is excellent.
I chose the two 5.7 electro motors you have mentioned, in the series config they work very well together and offer an enormous amount of lift.

Its still early days but my first impressions are positive... i have already previously owned two of the most respected  porty's on the market and i am certainly not disappointed....
For me its not just about  high CFM and lift figures...   

stuart_clark

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 12:19:40 pm »
So could three of these electo be fitted to the airflex storm or the scorpion ?

nathanjd

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 02:29:17 pm »
For me its not just about  high CFM and lift figures...  

Thanks for your thoughts Russ.

Yes i would with that agree too. For example I am envisioning a slightly quicker setup and packup time for the enforcer, which when the job is done properly in the right amount of time, then all the other excess messing about can be kept to a minimum.

Nathan

john martin

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 10:01:20 pm »

Here is An electro three stage (enforcer ) and a 6.6 ( storm )

Please tell me why you think the 6.6 is more powerfull when it clearly isn't  :)

http://dev.ametekfsm.com/Bulletins/122235-00.pdf

http://www2.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4762

regarding heaters ...  the enforcer does not need two heaters .   a 3kw immersion is a very effective and reliable heat source on its own .
if you couple it with an inline ... steammate or whichever  ...   the preheated water will get hotter faster and stay hot consistently .
Many consider the ashbys steammate to be one of the best inlines available .

John,

Ashbys can't be using that Electro motor in your link - if you could get that motor in the UK it would draw about 9 amps, which would mean the Enforcer would be drawing over 16 amps in total, and obvioulsly they are not allowed to go over 13 amps.

I think Ashbys are using 1 x 660-117 (5 amps, 400 air watts) and 1 x 660-49 which (7.2 amps and 552 air watts), so not much different to the more expensive Lamb Ameteks they've been using for years, but with a little higher lift but probably a little less airflow:

http://www.electromtr.com/bypass-tangential-exhaust-motors.htm

Cheers

Your 9amps is too high ..

At  230v the most powerfull electro is rated 7.9amps .
But ' running use ' it will drop a couple of amps .

At 120v the same motor draws almost 16 amps ... but note on the link i put up  , larry cobb ( who tests motors extensively ) states  "  Usually draws 14 amps current in a typical extractor "

The Ameteks Ashbys would have used in the past would have given about 210" lift and 95cfm for a pair in series .
The Enforcer is making 230"lift and 117cfm  , going by Cleansmarts measurements on youtube .

james roffey

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:32 am »
John, don't take this the wrong way but i have often wondered, how do you know this stuff, do you have engineering experience or have you worked in this field.

Ha ha James   ;D      I guess i just read the boards a fair bit  .

Well that explains it  ???

Have i missed something ? i have a genuine question, you go to the trouble to give detailed replies to peoples technical questions which you clearly have extensive knowledge of which you clearly did not learn from this forum, all i asked was are you answers authoritative, and how you know. In other words what do you base you clear technical knowledge on, experience in this field, engineering, practical experience ?

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2013, 12:04:45 am »
John, don't take this the wrong way but i have often wondered, how do you know this stuff, do you have engineering experience or have you worked in this field.

Have i missed something ? i have a genuine question, you go to the trouble to give detailed replies to peoples technical questions which you clearly have extensive knowledge of which you clearly did not learn from this forum, all i asked was are you answers authoritative, and how you know. In other words what do you base you clear technical knowledge on, experience in this field, engineering, practical experience ?

I thought my grammar was bad sometimes.... :o

fibresafe

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 01:02:27 am »
Your 9amps is too high ..

At  230v the most powerfull electro is rated 7.9amps .
But ' running use ' it will drop a couple of amps .

At 120v the same motor draws almost 16 amps ... but note on the link i put up  , larry cobb ( who tests motors extensively ) states  "  Usually draws 14 amps current in a typical extractor "

The Ameteks Ashbys would have used in the past would have given about 210" lift and 95cfm for a pair in series .
The Enforcer is making 230"lift and 117cfm  , going by Cleansmarts measurements on youtube .

Sorry John but that's not right. The most powerful UK Electro motor is the Q6600-083A which draws 8.6 amps (which is slightly less powerful than the motor on your link). Best place for you to check that is with Electro motors.

With the wand on the floor (under load) the current will drop a few amps. However when you lift the wand up the amps go right back up (to not much different to 8.6 amps, assuming you have 2" orifice which high powered porties tend to have these days). It will drop a bit more if you are running longer hose runs. You should get hold of a clamp meter and try it out and then you will see for yourself.

That aside, Ashbys can't be using the high powered Electro motors you mentioned because they only have around 11 amps available to power both vac motors: 13 amps minus 2 amps for the 400psi pump = 11 amps for both vac motors. If they used one of the 8.6 amp motor the other motor would need to be 2.5 amps!

james roffey

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 07:20:11 am »

"I thought my grammar was bad sometimes" ::)roll

IT IS ANDREW  ??? OH MY WORD IT IS ???

If i spent my time correcting your poor grammar, spelling and incorrect word usage. I think it would be a rather sad way of spending my time, they are classic symptoms in your case so I will make an exception.

You are clearly fixated with your own ego and petty agenda having become an excessive bore to a large percentage of the members of this forum, why don't you go and join some committee where you can spearhead the running of local allotments, neighbourhood watch or train spotting club, where they are crying out for someone with your unique skills.

You have no concept of irony, if you did you wouldn't respond to a suggestion that your behaviour is annually retentive, with an observation of grammatical errors  ???
It sort of proves the point, the fact you yourself have poor grammar, spelling and word usage make you a hypocrite too, but we ignore that in the vain hope that you may be making a point.

It all appears to be about feeding your ego, so do not expect a response to any question or statement you may have in future,other than a pre prepared stock response that others have deemed the only sensible way to have a conversation with you.

Having a conversation with you is like an ever decreasing circle, which is ironic in itself.

You remind me of Richard Briers in that particular sitcom, the one big difference is, he is now sadly missed.

And he was funny  http://youtu.be/kX1K69SP-ZM

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2013, 09:21:00 am »

If i spent my time correcting your poor grammar, spelling and incorrect word usage. I think it would be a rather sad way of spending my time, they are classic symptoms in your case so I will make an exception.

Classic defence line is try and turn around your shortcomings on the person who originally commented on your mistakes, I like it. It shows your lack of intelligence.

Nice one  :P

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2013, 11:13:21 am »

I refer to my previous statement

You clearly have a  form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. A collection of very irritating personality traits that include stubbornness, orderliness, and a desire to control others and their surroundings. It makes a person meticulous or fixated about little things, nit-picking or paying extreme attention to detail, and trying to control his or her environment and other people.  if things don’t go their way, they go nuts! Anally retentive people are usually very annoying...

You are off your rocker  ;D

james roffey

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2013, 12:20:31 pm »

A form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. A collection of very irritating personality traits that include stubbornness, orderliness, and a desire to control others and their surroundings. It makes a person meticulous or fixated about little things, nit-picking or paying extreme attention to detail, and trying to control his or her environment and other people. They do things “by the book’’ with no flexibility in the way they complete tasks, and expect others to do and think as they. It’s their way or the highway, basically. They are the worst people to work for or live with. If things don’t go their way, they go nuts! Anally retentive people are usually very annoying...

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2013, 12:22:48 pm »
I respond with my original answer.

A form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. A collection of very irritating personality traits that include stubbornness, orderliness, and a desire to control others and their surroundings. It makes a person meticulous or fixated about little things, nit-picking or paying extreme attention to detail, and trying to control his or her environment and other people. They do things “by the book’’ with no flexibility in the way they complete tasks, and expect others to do and think as they. It’s their way or the highway, basically. They are the worst people to work for or live with. If things don’t go their way, they go nuts! Anally retentive people are usually very annoying...

What a head case  :'(  :'(  :'(

james roffey

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »

I refer to my previous response.

You clearly have a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. A collection of very irritating personality traits that include stubbornness, orderliness, and a desire to control others and their surroundings. It makes a person meticulous or fixated about little things, nit-picking or paying extreme attention to detail, and trying to control his or her environment and other people. They do things “by the book’’ with no flexibility in the way they complete tasks, and expect others to do and think as they. It’s their way or the highway, basically. They are the worst people to work for or live with. If things don’t go their way, they go nuts! Anally retentive people are usually very annoying...

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2013, 02:17:35 pm »

You clearly have a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. A collection of very irritating personality traits that include stubbornness, orderliness, and a desire to control others and their surroundings. It makes a person meticulous or fixated about little things, nit-picking or paying extreme attention to detail, and trying to control his or her environment and other people. They do things “by the book’’ with no flexibility in the way they complete tasks, and expect others to do and think as they. It’s their way or the highway, basically. They are the worst people to work for or live with. If things don’t go their way, they go nuts! Anally retentive people are usually very annoying...

Don't be gay!  :o

james roffey

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2013, 03:27:11 pm »

"I thought my grammar was bad sometimes" ::)roll

IT IS ANDREW  ??? OH MY WORD IT IS ???

You are clearly fixated with your own ego and petty agenda having become an excessive bore to a large percentage of the members of this forum, why don't you go and join some committee where you can spearhead the running of local allotments, neighbourhood watch or train spotting club, where they are crying out for someone with your unique skills.

You have no concept of irony, if you did you wouldn't respond to a suggestion that your behaviour is annually retentive, with an observation of grammatical errors  ???
It sort of proves the point, the fact you yourself have poor grammar, spelling and word usage make you a hypocrite too, but we ignore that in the vain hope that you may be making a point.

It all appears to be about feeding your ego, so do not expect a response to any question or statement you may have in future,other than a pre prepared stock response that others have deemed the only sensible way to have a conversation with you.

Having a conversation with you is like an ever decreasing circle, which is ironic in itself.

You remind me of Richard Briers in that particular sitcom, the one big difference is, he is now sadly missed.

And he was funny  http://youtu.be/kX1K69SP-ZM

If above response fails, see below.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2013, 03:28:33 pm »

Learn to use the forum properly pal  ;D

james roffey

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 03:31:06 pm »