Chris Straker

Re: What portable to buy!
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 10:47:23 am »
Andrew, the only 4 letter word there, is John and I don't see why people would be fed up with that ......... sarcastic enough for you  :P ;) ;D

Darren O

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:59 am »
Could somebody with a Jaguar who is going to the TACCA day take it with them on Cleantalk now they are saying there is no noticeable difference between a Jag and Truckmount if this is true i might sell the trucky and buy the plastic bucket.

Paul Moss

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 11:16:10 am »
Andrew, the only 4 letter word there, is John and I don't see why people would be fed up with that ......... sarcastic enough for you  :P ;) ;D
;D

Its great when one of the  CT boys come on  :D but have not got the balls to put their real name up  :D

robert meldrum

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:47 am »
Andrew
When Derek first appeared on here I thought he was an absolute plonker with a very big mouth and a real pain. However, he went on to take every course available to increase his knowledge and with good effective marketing built a strong business where value for money is paramount
He has won over a fair few of the people on here many of whom are of high regard in terms of the businesses they run and their knowledge.
Paul Moss has won the respect and admiration of many through proving his abilities in the industry and being an accomplished communicator.
I don't actually know who else is involved but from the little information gleaned from this forum there appears to be the potential of a driving force to take this industry forward through gaining trust and credibility.
A couple of years ago I would have found great difficulty in praising either Derek or Paul as I found them a bit smart assed. I was wrong !

*Hector*

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 11:41:12 am »
Andrew

A couple of years ago I would have found great difficulty in praising either Derek or Paul as I found them a bit smart assed. I was wrong !

Aye.... try a LOT smart arsed  :o :o

;D ;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

robert meldrum

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:59 pm »
Sussex !!!!!'m

robert meldrum

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 12:10:20 pm »
Like yourself Hector I don't subscribe to the Truckmount being the ONLY way and it's the people rather than their narrow views I commend.

*Hector*

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 12:27:22 pm »
 ;D ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2013, 12:29:12 pm »
To be honest Robert.... there are a lot of good people on here, who frequently give good advice to all who ask...

And go out of their way to be helpful...

And I do like the odd bit of sarcasm...  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 12:33:09 pm »
Getting back to thread...

What are you looking for from your portable?

The most powerful?
The most capacity?
The lightest?
Easiest to repair?
Customer service?
Hottest?
Smallest?
Quietest?

Are you running from the van?

Shaun

Chris Straker

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2013, 12:33:53 pm »
You know me Paul ........ not particularly shy  :-\

All I know about the Jaguar 6.6, is that I have had two carpet cleaners come along and watch it in action ........ they both no longer own truckmounts ........ this is not me being sarcastic or smart, it is simply a fact.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread ......... we may all drive 5 dr hatchback cars but there are some that swear by Ford, VW or Vauxhall and some that buy on price alone ......... none of us are right & none of us are in the wrong  ::)roll

derek west

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2013, 12:37:00 pm »
John areyou coming to the tacca day

Speaking to a few of the lads on here I get the impression not many people are, and they're in fact fed up with those 4 letter's being mentioned!

The other thing they get pi%%ed off about is aparant 'know it alls' leaving general unhelpful belittling sarcastic comment's to their questions.

;)

officially so far, 52 tickets sold as of today 17/02/2013, with quite a few being none members ,  around 15 guys who have said they are going but have not yet bought a ticket, and i think a few will buy last minute, guessing around 80 on the day plus the trainers and assistants.  not sure if that's a lot or not. you can make your own mind up on that one, all i know is i'm looking forward to Jamie convincing me to start encapping. really looking forward to see the end result that paul gets on that antique leather settee. saving me self a few quid when joining checkatrade and the best bit, meeting up with lots of like minded guys,  old muckers as well as  making a few new friends i hope. plus theres a few guys going that i want to chat with about marketing.
come join us, will be a great day for all.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:27 pm »
When choosing a porty there are quite a few qualities we should be considering just as Shaun has pointed out.

Power is not the be all and end all, build quality, quality of service and value for money are all relevant.
Most of the top line portables on the market will allow the operator to use extended hose lengths of 150'+, this is useful if the machine is to stay on the van, a bit like a TM.
Just as important is for the machine to be easily removed from the van and taken closer to the area which is to be cleaned.

Most of us can only comment on service when something goes wrong... that's when you find out if the supplier is good or bad.

The TACCA Scrutineer

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2013, 01:38:39 pm »
John areyou coming to the tacca day

Speaking to a few of the lads on here I get the impression not many people are, and they're in fact fed up with those 4 letter's being mentioned!

The other thing they get pi%%ed off about is aparant 'know it alls' leaving general unhelpful belittling sarcastic comment's to their questions.

;)

officially so far, 52 tickets sold as of today 17/02/2013, with quite a few being none members ,  around 15 guys who have said they are going but have not yet bought a ticket, and i think a few will buy last minute, guessing around 80 on the day plus the trainers and assistants.  not sure if that's a lot or not. you can make your own mind up on that one, all i know is i'm looking forward to Jamie convincing me to start encapping. really looking forward to see the end result that paul gets on that antique leather settee. saving me self a few quid when joining checkatrade and the best bit, meeting up with lots of like minded guys,  old muckers as well as  making a few new friends i hope. plus theres a few guys going that i want to chat with about marketing.
come join us, will be a great day for all.

Less the 'No Shows' and people who are ill. You're going to get a trickle of 4 people coming through the door an hour  :o Is it really worth the hassle?

*Hector*

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2013, 01:40:39 pm »
You should choose a supplier with a good customer service history.. Not necessarily the closest to you, but one who will collect and send out your machine if needed, and who has spare parts that will be delivered next day if you are competent enough to replace them yourself....

*Hector*

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2013, 01:43:54 pm »
Andrew rather than hi-jack a thread that helps people why not voice your concerns about TACCA here??

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=165857.0

john martin

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »
When choosing a porty there are quite a few qualities we should be considering just as Shaun has pointed out.

Power is not the be all and end all, build quality, quality of service and value for money are all relevant.
Most of the top line portables on the market will allow the operator to use extended hose lengths of 150'+, this is useful if the machine is to stay on the van, a bit like a TM.
Just as important is for the machine to be easily removed from the van and taken closer to the area which is to be cleaned.

Most of us can only comment on service when something goes wrong... that's when you find out if the supplier is good or bad.

What is the Enforcer like for loading /unloading and general maneuverability ? 

Russ Chadd

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2013, 03:27:10 pm »
John

Position the machine to the van door entrance with the front facing you, using the lower front handle... lift whilst tilting the machine back, the machine will naturally want to fall back onto the upper wheels. It has some handy cable storage handles which double up as sliders for loading.
I believe quite a few other machines have this design for loading and unloading.

As for moving the thing about... well its sturdy mainly because of its weight and the quality locking caster wheels.

stuart_clark

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2013, 03:28:01 pm »
The Scorpion and the Jaguar were made primelary as Truckmounts! Hence the switches located where they are

stuart_clark

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2013, 03:29:42 pm »
Russ
is the Enforser a tripple vac machine ?