D Ingram

Re: Mytee quadvac ETM now available from woodbridge
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 11:11:22 pm »
I do have a couple of pictures of both of those machines but sadly for one reason or another I can not seem to upload them on here  :'(
Dave Ingram

stuart_clark

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 01:32:09 pm »
I remember Solutions were claiming 325 cfm for there scorpion a few years back! and 425cfm with the Booster connected to it

john martin

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 02:50:56 pm »
I remember Solutions were claiming 325 cfm for there scorpion a few years back! and 425cfm with the Booster connected to it

Scorpion was three 450airwatt 100CFM three stages in parallel so not far off the 'claimed'  325  ,     
 If u look at Cleansmarts enforcer vs Airflex turbo on Youtube , they measure 305CFM for the  Airflex turbo using similar motors .
And if you add an inline booster like you say you get 400+ CFM .

But CFM is only one measurement in gauging a vacuum systems
performance  , including the waterlift / HG  measurement gives a
better overall indication of performance .

The four high airwatt motors in the Mytee Escape are connected in
series and parallel  , the second pair of motors are pulling through
the first pair which increases the system lift .

Compare the numbers for the Scorpion / Airflex turbo .
Three 450 airwatt 100cfm motors in parallel give 300+ CFM   .....   Lift will
be 10HG ( 137" waterlift )
Add you inline booster you get 400CFM but system lift remains at 10Hg

Four 600+ Airwatt motors in series/parallel in the Mytee escape  give
325 CFM  ....   but water lift is  16.5 HG ( 230" waterlift )

fibresafe

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »

Wouldn't an inline booster add a vac in-series? Wouldn't the 3 motors in the machine all be pulling through the motor in the booster? I don't think it's as simple as just adding the maximum airflow from each motor up together to get 425!

john martin

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 04:35:16 pm »

Wouldn't an inline booster add a vac in-series? Wouldn't the 3 motors in the machine all be pulling through the motor in the booster? I don't think it's as simple as just adding the maximum airflow from each motor up together to get 425!

I think the 425 is pretty much theoretical anyway or measured at zero hose as CFM and Lift will have decreased down any significant length of hose ...  the booster would increase CFM close the wand and lift may be increased from its decreased level but not exceeding that of the boosters lift which is still 10HG  ...   ?   :)

Ed Valentine

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 05:19:02 pm »
IMHO, a very powerful electric machine that can double duty as a portable and/or a TM should be the focus in which has  fewer cords/plug-ins, along with fewer operating inconviences and the tripping of breakers for the Operator.
 :'(
The design and versatility is of importance; or should be.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

john martin

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

Luckily we are blessed with good electricity over here    :)

Many of us would have worked with two/three heated portables in the one house at times without issue .

Remains to be seen if  tripping is any issue with the Escape , id imagine the worst that could happen occasionally you might have to plug into the stronger kitchen circuits .
but i would carry small backup portable  for the odd occasion u hit some ancient wired house or where a portable is more practical .

All machines are a compromise of sorts i suppose . 

Richard @ Wcs

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
Hi Guys

From what I can see the Escape is already gaining interest from a fair few people on here. The machine is now mounted in the back of my demonstration vehicle and has already starting showing great benefits. I was very surprised to the amount of space I still had left after the machine, gas tank, hose reel and boiler were installed. I still have plenty of room for my Mytee M12, Rotary (which is also new and impressive), Mytee Flood Hog and a large 20" scrubber dryer, I only have a short wheel base low roof Fiat Ducato. It is defiantly worth a look at, the power of the vacuum is fantastic as well as the pressure which makes a carpet cleaning machine able to do tile and grout and pressure washing. We have done a couple of jobs now with it and the good news is, no electrics have been tripping out. if any one fancies popping down I am more than happy to show it off, get a few of you guys down we might even provide the sandwiches! :)

Regards

Jim
​Richard
Worldwide Cleaning Support Ltd.
P: 01279 422 220
E: Richard@Wcsuk.com
A: Dorrington Farm, Rye Hill Road, Harlow, Essex, CM18 7JF
W: www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com

Russ Chadd

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 03:21:04 pm »
To me this machine looks fantastic, but Ed has a point which you simply cannot deny...
How many carpet cleaners in the UK are going to rush out and spend that sort of money on an electric machine which will still need a separate heat exchanger which is going to set you back at least a grand and then you will still have to purchase fuel in order to run it?
At least with the powerful portable machines such as the Storm, Jag and Enforcer you can wheel them closer to the place where you are cleaning... What are you going to do if you cant get the van close enough to the building...? daisy chain several extension leads and just keep adding more and more hose? i guess that extra CFM and lift will come in handy then!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »
Jim, a picture paints  a 1000words ;)

Ant details on the water heater ? Is it a diesel hotbox like used on the old Hercules?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »
To me this machine looks fantastic, but Ed has a point which you simply cannot deny...
How many carpet cleaners in the UK are going to rush out and spend that sort of money on an electric machine which will still need a separate heat exchanger which is going to set you back at least a grand and then you will still have to purchase fuel in order to run it?
At least with the powerful portable machines such as the Storm, Jag and Enforcer you can wheel them closer to the place where you are cleaning... What are you going to do if you cant get the van close enough to the building...? daisy chain several extension leads and just keep adding more and more hose? i guess that extra CFM and lift will come in handy then!
Or just invest in a proper Truck Mount and get all the benefits and earning potential they bring to your business. ;)

Richard @ Wcs

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 03:58:17 pm »
these are fair points, but ones we have already over come. The reason for this machine is the reduced running costs compared to the large powerful petrol/diesel driven machines. The only fuel you would need to buy is a small bottle of LPG gas which feeds the boiler, that would set you back £25 and last a few months. The extension leads would only ever have to run the length of the hoses and with every truck mount parking can be an issue. It is easy to just think  that this is a portable trying to be a truck mount but after using it and seeing it for myself, it just isn't. this is a truck mount but just has two leads instead of two cylinders. But with most things the proofs in the pudding hence why I am inviting people to come down or even invite me over and try it out for themselves. it's worth a look.

Don't get me wrong, the petrol machines are very good. We are just trying to give people an alternative and save people an estimated £3-4k a year in petrol bills which are only every going to keep going up and up.
​Richard

Richard @ Wcs

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »
Jim, a picture paints  a 1000words ;)

Ant details on the water heater ? Is it a diesel hotbox like used on the old Hercules?

I will be getting a few pictures uploaded as soon as i have had the chance to give it all a good clean don't worry. I am planning on heading up to the meet in april arranged by TACCA to show it off a little.

The heater is powered by gas. Using a 12v pump it circulates hot water constantly round the fresh water tank keeping it up to temperature, This keeps the heating system at low pressure so you will not get the issues of blowing hoses. We have fitted the Escape with a heavier duty pump which will take the heat easily.
​Richard

Teddycare

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 04:36:35 pm »
The other problem with using an electric truck mount is when you have to park on the road and put your power cables across the pavement, as far as I remember when I had the bane I was told that you can't put 250 V across a public right of way, but you can put 110 V, I never checked to see if this was correct as I was changing to a diesel truck mount anyway, but with all this health and safety nonsense about these days they were probably right? :-[

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 04:42:26 pm »
I'd love to see pictures and a YouTube video.

Shaun

Richard @ Wcs

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 04:47:13 pm »
I'd love to see pictures and a YouTube video.

Shaun

Shaun, one of the pros with this job is that when something new comes out I get to basically become a film director. I have a demo lined up soon at a local Weatherspoons pub (a though clean for any machine). I will be taking my marketing guy down there with me to film and take pictures of the clean. 
​Richard

clinton

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »
Be good to see the video as shaun said.

Am sure this will get some good interest at the tacca day.