Craigp

Re: Mytee quadvac ETM now available from woodbridge
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »
Will you not have problems with tripping peoples electric?

I could see it being a real pain.

Otherwise good idea

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »
I'm I reading correctly is it 2 cables to work it?

Apparently there may be another one coming out in march from another supplier.

I do think this is the next evolution of porti to tm.

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:43:33 pm »
325 cfm and a 2500 psi pump.

The wand looks interesting though.

john martin

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:15:27 pm »
I'm I reading correctly is it 2 cables to work it?

Apparently there may be another one coming out in march from another supplier.

I do think this is the next evolution of porti to tm.

Shaun

Interesting Shaun !   Alltec or Ashbys i'd guess ...  or perhaps even solutions !

The spec detail is likely copied from the American spec sheet  ,  just dont know if they had to change any specs for UK ,  to meet electrical standards .
In America some modern homes have 230v sockets fitted in utility rooms to run cloths dryers ...  so they use those to run it on two cords as multiple cords would be needed on the regular 120v sockets around the rest of the house .

Looks like Mytee are making a series effort to enter the UK market at last ... many of the better mytee portables were not available here ...

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »
That's the Bentley wand Paul it reminds me a bit of the bane clene wand but much better made.

IMO though I think they've got the pricing of the machine wrong by about £1000, again IMO £3995 sells it to upgraders to people wanting to downgrade (sorry couldn't think of another word)

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:21:41 pm »
Mytee have some lovely innovative products, if I remember correctly John at Woodbridge did work for them years ago.

Shaun

Luc

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 08:32:22 am »
I had a look and a play with this last week when I popped in woodbridge. Its a really powerful machine and was very impressed by it. The suction was immense tbh and down 100ft of hose was easily matching a small tm.Woodbridge have  added a gas burner to it for instant heat and were having a play to get it right. All the motors had easy access to change or fix and the machine was tiny compared to a Tm. The machine also had an auto waste pump built. Only things I did not like was they had not set up a fresh water tank option( another pump in pump to feed tbe machine) due to the already huge amps being pulled of the 2 plugs and I thought the chemical flow system was a bit naff. If they get that sorted iI can defo see a future for this machine and the savings in fuel would be huge. Im not that struck on having to run all the hoses plus 2 electric cables into peoples house tbh but for for cost of fbe machine I could easily get used to it.

Paul Moss

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:03:30 am »
Or they could just copy a Bane  ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 09:37:27 am »
When I think of all the different applications and variety of properties we do with our TM,  this kind of thing just wouldn't fit the bill. The main purpose of a TM is to allow you to take on any job, regardless of where it is or what it is and even with 4 vac motors you're going to struggle on certain jobs. Plus using that much of a customers electricity could be a problem. The cost of running even a Titan 875 is less than 4% of the job and considering the amount of cleaning it can do, that's peanuts in relationship to how much it earns.
If you were doing just domestics with this ETM then it may have its advantages but I doubt anyone with a proper TM would be going electric.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 09:41:53 am »
Ihey could copy the heating system of the bane, i don't know why other truckmount builder don,t utilise the van radiator system, even as a booster it would really boost the temp.

I would be interested in the gas water heater they are going to use, Luc do you know what make it was?

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Luc

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:36 am »
Mike, I dont have no idea what make the gas burner was as it was kinda all stripped down and was kinda put together all make shift like in woodbridges workshop. I know that it was recirculating into the etms built in tank and it was quite a small looking burner tbh. The heat was good tho.woodbridge were going to fit it into a van anytime soon when I was last there. As I said I think they were trying to get it all up and running and just sorting out some teething problems.
I still dont think it can ever replace a Tm tbh in many areas but I have said to woodbridge i would take it out for a days work with them to see how it coped.
Luc

Paul Moss

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 10:26:18 am »
What dont understand is that this machine has not been fully tested and in its early stages, then why have they got it up for sale. ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 10:35:53 am »
To save on electric draw I'd have put a smaller pump on it or at least had it set up so it could draw from a clean tank it does look impressive though but it looks at this moment in time it needs tweaks as it needs a faster set up too much faf ATM.

Shaun

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 10:52:59 am »
Could the ETM be run from a in van generator I wonder?

AshWhite

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:41 am »
Could the ETM be run from a in van generator I wonder?

If you're going to go down that route (you'd need a decent sized generator) then you might as well just have a proper TM and be done with it.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 11:45:49 am »
I'd agree for 2 reasons

1. Cost
2. Space

Although there could be the argument that if anything goes wrong you could always plug in to mains electric, I always find that it's engine related when it goes Pete tong.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 12:16:28 pm »
What dont understand is that this machine has not been fully tested and in its early stages, then why have they got it up for sale. ???

Thats something i kinda admire about Mytee  ,  Development is constant and in conjunction with the user , suggestions are listened to and implemented .
There is a thread on TMF at the moment where a real CC is testing the ETM and the T-rex in the field and giviing feedback .

From what i'v read many heating options are been looked at and tested including banes engine heat exchanger storage tank   ,  they have also tried a high tech 'alternator ' type generator to run the machine where cords are not practical and also utilize the circulated engine heat for water then boosted by a small electric heater .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:21:02 pm »
I suppose the heat from the radiator ala bane but also they could harness the perfect heat system like steambrite and powrflite, I'd love to see one in action for the work I do it could be the next option but I love my pro mount it's so easy to use and work on.

Shaun

Russ Chadd

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 12:24:39 pm »
Personally i think there comes a point where you have to switch from a porty to a proper TM.
I would prefer to have a porty which if needed, could be wheeled off the van and taken to the area which needed cleaning instead of long hose and power cord runs.
An engine provides all the power to run the pump, blower and of course heat for the HX...
With this and any other ETM you have to add some kind of HX, and if mounted in the van will require fuel the same as a regular TM.

I really like Mytee products but im doubtful this will be very popular when lets face it machines like the  Jag, Storm and Enforcer are a fraction of the price and will essentially do the same job and allow the operator the flexibility of removing from the truck.

Just my opinion  ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 12:37:31 pm »
You could buy jags/storms/evolutions etc and mount them together to create the same which would work out cheaper ok you'd have to work out the electrics but it is possible.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 01:31:52 pm »

I really like Mytee products but im doubtful this will be very popular when lets face it machines like the  Jag, Storm and Enforcer are a fraction of the price and will essentially do the same job and allow the operator the flexibility of removing from the truck.

Just my opinion  ;)

There is definitely a strong argument the better twinvac portables  ...
But the ETM with a heat source and water feed  , chemical feed , would be  more convenient in many job situations as well as raising the performance bar closer to a petrol blower .  Most jobs in very large houses for example you can park close to door window , plug in and run hose all around the house with high performance .

A twin 6.6 might be adequate with 280cfm and 9HG 
but this beast has 325cfm and 16 Hg        :)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 01:42:58 pm »
Hi Guys

I believe it is illegal to run electric cables across a public walkway, which would be a problem.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 02:00:04 pm »
You may be right Doug but I used to do it for years with my dependable bane, most reliable machine I ever had, it'll be interesting what this kind of machine will bring up as there is also the savage etm although I think that has priced itself out of the market although it does come with etm burner and I think a genny and may be hoses and wand so i may be not comparing like for like.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 02:11:40 pm »
Offering different scenario which has been mention ie steambrite, wonder if anyone does a 4 vac extractor with no pump? Maybe on one cord with no heat and just auto pump out?

You could have some real suction at the front door and the heated pressure washer from the van, I guess even 3 x 6.6 would be great also.

Shaun

Russ Chadd

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 02:43:10 pm »
To me performance is not everything, you have to weigh up many pros and cons to come to a conclusion which has to be beneficial.
I have tried using an ETM system, yes it works however its sometimes easier and more practical to remove the machine from the van and wheel it closer to the house... this way you are not losing performance by adding hoses and have less far to travel to monitor the machine.
I see the Mytee has a de foamer injection which in my eyes is essential and a feature which should be added to all large extractors whether they are truck mounted or not... Foam can be a real problem especially if Mrs Smith has gone crazy with that can of 1001!

Take a Jag/storm with 100' of hose and the Mytee with lets say 100', what would be the performance difference between the two machines? even if the Mytee left the carpet slightly drier, could you justify the extra expense for 80 CFM's

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 02:59:27 pm »
The main benefit to me of a tm is ease and speed of set up not sure if this is going to do this.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:39 pm »
Perhaps John Martin may be able to tell me what the draw would be off 3 x 6.6 motors or should I say if they could all be run from one lead?

I'm guessing may be as the scorpion etc used to have vacs on one lead and pump on another but I stand to be corrected.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 03:22:12 pm »

Take a Jag/storm with 100' of hose and the Mytee with lets say 100', what would be the performance difference between the two machines? even if the Mytee left the carpet slightly drier, could you justify the extra expense for 80 CFM's

The CFM is not the real difference , its the waterlift , you cant get high lift with a twin parallel machine .

The savage was also a twinvac , high cfm low lift ...  also there was quite a bit of bs blurb on the site , running 400ft hose turned out to be bringing a booster close to the wand and the savage twinflow system was just two runs of two inch to the door .  But i do like the custom homebuilt etms ...  nordic1  for eg

Shaun the 6.6 is rated about 7.5 amps ...  decreasing a bit under load
probably not ideal to run three on one cord ... but  as long as your cord is thick you probably could with out much happening .
But three in parallel still wont give high lift .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 03:26:40 pm »
I guess 3 of the super vacs from mytee would be the way to go providing you could still use one lead.

Shaun

Russ Chadd

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 03:34:37 pm »
Hey John

What is your views on the Enforcer? the water lift performance is impressive

john martin

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »

Shaun the Mytee electro vacs are not superior to the 6.6 , they just use the same internal fan design to give increased efficiency .
 Amp draw is about the same for each of them ...

I wouldnt like to comment on the Enforcer without trying it , but i like the design .
At the moment ashbys seem to have a philosophy of using one cord for vacuum/pump ... and having 3kw heat on cord two .  The compromise is they have to run one high airwatt motor with a low airwatt motor boosting it in series so as not to have too much on the one cord .

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 04:05:42 pm »
Hi Russ

I also like the Enforcer but i`am waiting for the new Prochem Endeavor

Popping down Ashbys this week to get some chemicals and while i`am down there try the enforcer in my new van for size...

Richard

john martin

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 04:17:57 pm »
Hi Russ

I also like the Enforcer but i`am waiting for the new Prochem Endeavor

Popping down Ashbys this week to get some chemicals and while i`am down there try the enforcer in my new van for size...

Richard

same body as this i presume , looks well enough .
lots of competition in the porty market now .

http://www.edic-usa.com/index.php/endeavor.html

Dennis

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »
Yep same, it's in the new price list at £2995 +vat

I'm intrigued by "slide-in version of its advanced Heat 'n' Run in-line stainless steel heat exchanger."
Unless they mean "hanging off the back" like they do now.  ;D

http://www.prochemcleaningnews.com/prochem95.htm

D Ingram

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 09:45:08 pm »
wow is this really possible an electric truck mount  ::) ;D
Dave Ingram

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 10:00:54 pm »
With a burner! what next? ;D

I spoke to Martin at Woodbridge today it does sound a really great machine, I've also bought a Bentley wand but it came with the wrong nozzles so he's sending me some more out, it's a lovely wand I'll give the low down on it after a couple of weeks.

Shaun

Paul Moss

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 10:09:46 pm »
wow is this really possible an electric truck mount  ::) ;D

Didnt you used to have some thing a bit like that at one time  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 10:30:51 pm »
At one time or another we all had the hybred, I'm sure Dave may have a couple of photos of it awell as its older brother which went in a rascal van :o

Shaun

D Ingram

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 11:11:22 pm »
I do have a couple of pictures of both of those machines but sadly for one reason or another I can not seem to upload them on here  :'(
Dave Ingram

stuart_clark

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 01:32:09 pm »
I remember Solutions were claiming 325 cfm for there scorpion a few years back! and 425cfm with the Booster connected to it

john martin

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 02:50:56 pm »
I remember Solutions were claiming 325 cfm for there scorpion a few years back! and 425cfm with the Booster connected to it

Scorpion was three 450airwatt 100CFM three stages in parallel so not far off the 'claimed'  325  ,     
 If u look at Cleansmarts enforcer vs Airflex turbo on Youtube , they measure 305CFM for the  Airflex turbo using similar motors .
And if you add an inline booster like you say you get 400+ CFM .

But CFM is only one measurement in gauging a vacuum systems
performance  , including the waterlift / HG  measurement gives a
better overall indication of performance .

The four high airwatt motors in the Mytee Escape are connected in
series and parallel  , the second pair of motors are pulling through
the first pair which increases the system lift .

Compare the numbers for the Scorpion / Airflex turbo .
Three 450 airwatt 100cfm motors in parallel give 300+ CFM   .....   Lift will
be 10HG ( 137" waterlift )
Add you inline booster you get 400CFM but system lift remains at 10Hg

Four 600+ Airwatt motors in series/parallel in the Mytee escape  give
325 CFM  ....   but water lift is  16.5 HG ( 230" waterlift )

fibresafe

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »

Wouldn't an inline booster add a vac in-series? Wouldn't the 3 motors in the machine all be pulling through the motor in the booster? I don't think it's as simple as just adding the maximum airflow from each motor up together to get 425!

john martin

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 04:35:16 pm »

Wouldn't an inline booster add a vac in-series? Wouldn't the 3 motors in the machine all be pulling through the motor in the booster? I don't think it's as simple as just adding the maximum airflow from each motor up together to get 425!

I think the 425 is pretty much theoretical anyway or measured at zero hose as CFM and Lift will have decreased down any significant length of hose ...  the booster would increase CFM close the wand and lift may be increased from its decreased level but not exceeding that of the boosters lift which is still 10HG  ...   ?   :)

Ed Valentine

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 05:19:02 pm »
IMHO, a very powerful electric machine that can double duty as a portable and/or a TM should be the focus in which has  fewer cords/plug-ins, along with fewer operating inconviences and the tripping of breakers for the Operator.
 :'(
The design and versatility is of importance; or should be.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

john martin

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2013, 05:39:53 pm »

Luckily we are blessed with good electricity over here    :)

Many of us would have worked with two/three heated portables in the one house at times without issue .

Remains to be seen if  tripping is any issue with the Escape , id imagine the worst that could happen occasionally you might have to plug into the stronger kitchen circuits .
but i would carry small backup portable  for the odd occasion u hit some ancient wired house or where a portable is more practical .

All machines are a compromise of sorts i suppose . 

Richard @ Wcs

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
Hi Guys

From what I can see the Escape is already gaining interest from a fair few people on here. The machine is now mounted in the back of my demonstration vehicle and has already starting showing great benefits. I was very surprised to the amount of space I still had left after the machine, gas tank, hose reel and boiler were installed. I still have plenty of room for my Mytee M12, Rotary (which is also new and impressive), Mytee Flood Hog and a large 20" scrubber dryer, I only have a short wheel base low roof Fiat Ducato. It is defiantly worth a look at, the power of the vacuum is fantastic as well as the pressure which makes a carpet cleaning machine able to do tile and grout and pressure washing. We have done a couple of jobs now with it and the good news is, no electrics have been tripping out. if any one fancies popping down I am more than happy to show it off, get a few of you guys down we might even provide the sandwiches! :)

Regards

Jim
​Richard
Worldwide Cleaning Support Ltd.
P: 01279 422 220
E: Richard@Wcsuk.com
A: Dorrington Farm, Rye Hill Road, Harlow, Essex, CM18 7JF
W: www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com

Russ Chadd

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 03:21:04 pm »
To me this machine looks fantastic, but Ed has a point which you simply cannot deny...
How many carpet cleaners in the UK are going to rush out and spend that sort of money on an electric machine which will still need a separate heat exchanger which is going to set you back at least a grand and then you will still have to purchase fuel in order to run it?
At least with the powerful portable machines such as the Storm, Jag and Enforcer you can wheel them closer to the place where you are cleaning... What are you going to do if you cant get the van close enough to the building...? daisy chain several extension leads and just keep adding more and more hose? i guess that extra CFM and lift will come in handy then!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »
Jim, a picture paints  a 1000words ;)

Ant details on the water heater ? Is it a diesel hotbox like used on the old Hercules?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »
To me this machine looks fantastic, but Ed has a point which you simply cannot deny...
How many carpet cleaners in the UK are going to rush out and spend that sort of money on an electric machine which will still need a separate heat exchanger which is going to set you back at least a grand and then you will still have to purchase fuel in order to run it?
At least with the powerful portable machines such as the Storm, Jag and Enforcer you can wheel them closer to the place where you are cleaning... What are you going to do if you cant get the van close enough to the building...? daisy chain several extension leads and just keep adding more and more hose? i guess that extra CFM and lift will come in handy then!
Or just invest in a proper Truck Mount and get all the benefits and earning potential they bring to your business. ;)

Richard @ Wcs

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 03:58:17 pm »
these are fair points, but ones we have already over come. The reason for this machine is the reduced running costs compared to the large powerful petrol/diesel driven machines. The only fuel you would need to buy is a small bottle of LPG gas which feeds the boiler, that would set you back £25 and last a few months. The extension leads would only ever have to run the length of the hoses and with every truck mount parking can be an issue. It is easy to just think  that this is a portable trying to be a truck mount but after using it and seeing it for myself, it just isn't. this is a truck mount but just has two leads instead of two cylinders. But with most things the proofs in the pudding hence why I am inviting people to come down or even invite me over and try it out for themselves. it's worth a look.

Don't get me wrong, the petrol machines are very good. We are just trying to give people an alternative and save people an estimated £3-4k a year in petrol bills which are only every going to keep going up and up.
​Richard

Richard @ Wcs

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »
Jim, a picture paints  a 1000words ;)

Ant details on the water heater ? Is it a diesel hotbox like used on the old Hercules?

I will be getting a few pictures uploaded as soon as i have had the chance to give it all a good clean don't worry. I am planning on heading up to the meet in april arranged by TACCA to show it off a little.

The heater is powered by gas. Using a 12v pump it circulates hot water constantly round the fresh water tank keeping it up to temperature, This keeps the heating system at low pressure so you will not get the issues of blowing hoses. We have fitted the Escape with a heavier duty pump which will take the heat easily.
​Richard

Teddycare

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 04:36:35 pm »
The other problem with using an electric truck mount is when you have to park on the road and put your power cables across the pavement, as far as I remember when I had the bane I was told that you can't put 250 V across a public right of way, but you can put 110 V, I never checked to see if this was correct as I was changing to a diesel truck mount anyway, but with all this health and safety nonsense about these days they were probably right? :-[

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 04:42:26 pm »
I'd love to see pictures and a YouTube video.

Shaun

Richard @ Wcs

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 04:47:13 pm »
I'd love to see pictures and a YouTube video.

Shaun

Shaun, one of the pros with this job is that when something new comes out I get to basically become a film director. I have a demo lined up soon at a local Weatherspoons pub (a though clean for any machine). I will be taking my marketing guy down there with me to film and take pictures of the clean. 
​Richard

clinton

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »
Be good to see the video as shaun said.

Am sure this will get some good interest at the tacca day.