Re: IDENTICAL PRODUCTS - BALDERDASH!!
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2004, 01:18:00 am »
add a y...... too much wine!

Dynafoam

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2004, 01:25:14 am »
Dave,

I dissagree with nothing in your post but would make two points:

None of the subsequent posts  have sugested that Karl should not have exercised his freedom of speech.

Nick, I suspect, has refrained from entering the fray to avoid what would be a pointless arguement - we will, as you sugest, make or own determinations as to the merits of the products we use. Any issues raised by karl in his innitial post will be settled (or not) elsewhere.

John.

Dynafoam

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2004, 02:04:23 am »
Easy step is again just not coparable, have you ever pre spraed and the just extracted with water in a Night Club?

Yes Lee,

A couple of years ago I  was cleaning a large, very dirty nightclub with two portables, two opperators and two 'bucket boys'.

The carpet had been pre-sprayed with an enzyme product and I thought I had extracted a large section of carpet with Liquid woolsafe. At the end of the section I signaled the 'bucket boy' to switch off, drain & refill, when I noticed the full measuring jug next to the machine. When questioned the lad admitted that this was the woolsafe that should have been added to the last tankfull of water. The manager of the club was standing behind me  :-[

He picked up the tripod floodlamp and walked the length of the section, inspecting the carpet carefully.

When he returned I said that of course I would re-clean that section, Which he declined, saying that the carpet looked "like new, appart from the cigarette burns".

I did use Woolsafe for the rest of the job.

John.

John_Russel

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2004, 07:37:31 am »
Hi Guys!

Maybe I am just a really stupid carpet cleaner, but what I have read today makes the hair on my back side cringe.

I have for years, always been looking for better, quicker and safer products, just as many of you have. I have spent enough on “product research” (love that title) for all of us to take off to the Bahamas tomorrow, bought cheap, bought special “sales” products and I can offer you SUPER deals (on the stuff I still have growing mold in my garage, PS It’s for free!! You pay freight..Ha)…I’ve been bit for that too. I was exposed to the One Step products through the Clean Talk web. I have been using it since. It costs more than some other products, but I guess price is a matter of calculation.

I use 5 oz. per gallon of water for pre-spray = even after import, less than $ 0.008 per sq. ft. material costs for the carpet I clean.  That’s a 1:25 dilution ratio. No, I did not follow what was on the label, I did my own tests. Hello!!! Even in nightmare situations (bars, clubs) at 10 oz. with a little brush agitation I’m still less than $ 0.016 per sq. ft. Not bad when the customer is willing to pay $ 0.25 per sq. ft. or more for great restoration cleaning results!!! I am disappointed to read the comments from some that the One Step products are worried about sales. I can not imagine why?!?

I have not read any “professional” comparison comments yet One Step/Solution at this time. As far as the comments and comparisons from you other guys to the other products, well, “Are YOU willing to expose your customers, yourself or your staff  to “cheap stuff” (has nothing to do with the Solution), volatile organic compounds, enzymes, etc” just to save your costs? I have samples of the Solution on the way to me. I will test and comment.

I think it would do this forum justice to have respectable Gentlemen such as Derek and Ken to do a “button to button” test at your “the day out” for example. I’ll be there if someone pays the ticket. I’ll even bring a case of Bud…(I know you would hang me at the gate)…Ha…just a joke..How about Johnny, Jack, or….(Please make sure that there is no One Step in the Solution bottle, no Pro.… in the One Step bottle, only Bud in the Bud bottles)...Ok…Bad joke…

The post by Karl today was quiet reflective, at least for me. How would you say, “Proofs in the Puddin’”.  

LOL

John

PS. There have been some unsubstantiated statements on this forum.  I feel that Karl has documented facts whereby, well, heck… simply put (at least in this part of the world), Nick should put up, or shut up. I hate to have my time wasted, and that goes for other biased opinionates (that may be under some sort of influence). I am not under the influence as well as other professionals in the industry that only want “knees in the dirt” facts. How about keeping it clean!!!! Thanks! JR

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2004, 02:20:13 pm »
JR. I must be one of those biased opinionates you mention as i related my first use of Solutions product and sang its praises.  ;D
I am biased towards the product over the old product i used and my opinion is nothing more than that. Opinion is the conclusion you make when faced with facts. ::)
You exclude yourself from "the biased opinionate" even though you sing the praises of One product?( even if you do it with such eloquence) ???
This is an open FORUM where people come together to submit opinions to be discussed openly :-/
I assume that Nick from Solutions will have to come into the fray when user support goes away :-[ DO YOU SEE THAT HAPPENING IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
I used my new Solutions products for 2nd time today on white Wool H/S/L near Wimbledon Common ( Snow & Mud ). I will not bore you with my "OPINION" but lets just say that i will not be switching products for a while ;) I like to stick to praising a product that works for me and will leave the DISRESPECTING of products/people to others. :-X

stevegunn

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2004, 02:39:27 pm »
Well said strakercleaning everybody needs to draw their own conclusions ;)

Alan_Kennedy

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2004, 12:22:27 am »
I agree with Ken on this one. I've used One Step since I started and found it to be first class. Karl supplied my CFR machine and One Step chemicals and the support and advice, as Ken says, is superb. Other threads have made the point that the cost per square foot is minimal. I did a 16 x 14ft carpet this morning and I reckon the cost of the One Step was 60p. I've never tried Solutions but even if it was half the price I'd only save 30p. For that kind of saving I won't bother even although I'm a Scotsman.
Incidentally, do we not all complain about price shopping customers, and then do the same ourselves when buying supposedly identical chemicals. If what Karl says is true about the manufacturer of Solutions (not the distributor), then I have no wish to support a company which has acted in the manner Karl alleges.
Regards Alan

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2004, 12:45:11 am »
Alan did you play for Liverpool in the late 70s early 80s?

Shaun

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2004, 12:49:47 am »
Careful, or you may be considered a "biased opinionate" ::)
I understand the wish to support a product you have used since you began and the urge to support the person who supplies your equipment............ but i was like you with regard to Prochem ( which I have used for 20 years almost ). Times change and with it we must move. I looked for a cost effective solution ( no pun intended ;D) and found one. I am attending the Cleantalk seminar on the 20th Feb at Amtech and will surely be introduced to OneStep. Even if it produces the same results as Solutions product.......I would still be swayed by costs. Two products that produce the same (or almost the same) results is hardly the same as price shoppers looking for CCs. Only someone very naive would make that comparison ......... as we know there is a world of difference in the results one CC can have over another :-X
I have been in the game for more than half my life  :( but will be the first to admit that there are people out there who may get better results on certain jobs than myself. I can say with confidence that i could outdo them people on other aspects of the job, that is why people cannot be compared to chemical results ??? ALLEDGEDLY ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2004, 01:06:13 am »
Mr.S your an honest man, me myself clean better than anyone else any where ever! apart from that guy last year on this board that cleaned full houses for £3.

Shaun

rob_s

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2004, 01:16:50 am »
Hi,
   Does anyone find the need to use an acid rinse when using one step fineline ? If so,which one is compatible.

rob-s.

Derek

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2004, 10:05:38 am »
Hi Rob

I think the use of an acidic rinse agent in the scenario you mention is purely a 'belt and braces' job.

e.g....You may have a rug with fugitive dyes which can be cleaned using acidic cleaning chemicals.  The acidic rinse agent is just that added bit of insurance.... fingers crossed  ;)  :)

Normally a plain water rinse should suffice.

Derek

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2004, 02:29:30 pm »
I must apologies for inadvertently upsetting some readers by my comments, but they are facts nonetheless.  When a competitor deliberately sets out to mislead readers by publishing false information I feel obliged to put the record straight.  I am sure you would all do the same.  It goes without saying that our products receive much publicity and endorsement by those who go to an extraordinary length to copy it and this we accept however; to falsify information and make reference to our product whilst doing so is unacceptable.

I entirely agree with Phil (Deep Clean) that companies should not use these forums for purpose of advertising their products and I, as a supplier, have always respected this however, on this occasion I felt compelled to respond.  I am deeply grateful to the forum Moderators for their indulgence on this occasion.  I shall of course refrain from further postings!!

Karl

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2004, 03:31:28 pm »
Shaun, I did say on certain jobs ( ie certain degrees of soiling in commercial premises a la truckmount ). Not admitting that i am NO GOOD :o Put it up purely for illustrative purposes ::) But thanks for the pat on the back and the AAAAAHHHH ;)

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2004, 04:06:40 pm »
I am deeply grateful to the forum Moderators for their indulgence on this occasion.  I shall of course refrain from further postings!!
Karl

Hi Karl

I have a feeling that this topic may drag on for a while yet. Nick at Solution UK has indicated he wants the opportunity to reply and I suspect he'll be doing so soon.

Debates like this are perfectly acceptable providing they remain factual and don't become subjective. If you haven't been following the crash test issue in the window cleaning section you may want to have a look to see how easy it is for these things to get out of hand.

Regards

Mike

Robert_O

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2004, 04:42:55 pm »
Hi

I do not want to get embroiled within any argument, but why should anyone have a problem with manufacturers getting involved in forums? I think that they have a wealth of knowledge and could be very helpful to carpet cleaning companies in passing this on. We could hear straight from the horses mouth of any new products and equipment, and If this inturn helps to promote their products then that's good business, so long as it is a level playing field.

It seems to me that we could actually create a much better working relationship between manufacturer and end user, where we could all benefit. We state our likes and dislikes, our grumbles and gripes, and the manufacturers respond to our needs, in developing kit and chemicals based on grass roots feedback.

Bonnet de deush, as they say in Peckham. ;)

Bonshure for now! 8) ;D :D

Robert Olifent

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2004, 06:33:24 pm »
:D :D :D :D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2004, 11:15:21 pm »
Why is Mike Reid there?

Shaun

Ian Hare

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2004, 11:50:36 am »
Mike Read along with Jenny Bond and Neil Ruddock are there to conform with the title 'Celebrity'.
Otherwise the show would have to be known by it's more REALISTIC title.........
'I'm a nobody.... get me noticed!'
Regards Ian.