Dynafoam

Re: IDENTICAL PRODUCTS - BALDERDASH!!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2004, 08:42:45 pm »
Steve,

You wrote that you cleaned a nursing home this morning.

Since I started useing 'Solutions' for most carpets/all upholstery,  I have stuck to more traditional products for treatment of heavily urine-contaminated carpets (flood with B153, extract with B109 + odour neutraliser)

I would be interested to hear how the micro-splitter performed in these curcumstances and what other chemicals you used in association.

John.

stevegunn

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2004, 08:57:54 pm »
John

It was the main lounge I cleaned the stains were mainly tea & coffee.
Pre vac with host freestyle
pre sprayed Solution no2
agitated with host machine
rinsed with fresh water
i did use a little host smoke x to remove any smells

the stains disappeared as i agitated with the host machine there were no nasties to get rid of.I would be interested to know how it would have performed on urine stains aswell but no doubt that will come.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2004, 09:18:25 pm »
I've posted on this board about how delighted I am with Solutions but when the hullabalu quietens and they eventually go Vat registered and the 30% discount  then comes to an end how many people will remain loyal to the brand?

I personally think if they were the same price I would buy solutions as it seems to be easier to buy and it's one telephone call 'Hello sir, what would you like and how many do you want and we can deliver it tommorrow' - I like this kind of service

But Solutions have got a premium rate telephone number for sales! so come on lads make it a normal one like your competitors.

Shaun

Dynafoam

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2004, 09:44:33 pm »
Thanks Steve,

The problem with experimenting in 'Urineland' is that therest homes always seem to add extra work over and above the booking, so there simply is not the time to risk having to re-clean a room if a new approach does not perform as well.

If I do get round to doing a test I'll post the results.

John.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2004, 10:09:22 pm »
Firstly, I would like to repeat what I stated in an earlier post when the topic of One Step/ Solutions first arose. I have been using One Step and One Step Fineline for more than 2 years now. The products have consistantly performed to my highest expectations. The service and technical support I have received from Amtech UK, their distributors and in particular Steve Carpenter has been superb.

Recently, One Step has had a significant price increase. I can't say I was overjoyed, but you have to expect this sort of thing. Prior to this occasion, One Step had been decreasing in price for what seemed year after year. You can't have it both ways.

As a businessman, I feel that I offer my customers a high quality service (not just the cleaning, but the overall package). Even though my prices have increased every 2 years, it is reasonable to expect the majority of my customers will remain loyal, even if there are cheaper options available. I would expect that most contributors to this board would expect the same to apply to themselves. I would therefor raise the question: Is it right to operate double standards? You would like your customers to remain loyal, even after a price increase, so why not in the opposite direction with your suppliers?

From the posts I have seen on this and other forums, I gather that Solutions operate out of Cornwall, but have no distributors. Would it be reasonable of me to presume that in the Solutions business plan, the appointment of distributors is a short term goal? This would surely  mean a price increase through these outlets in order to provide a reasonable profit. I can't imagine that these potential distributors would be happy if the UK distributor was retailing to the nation at a significantly lower price. So, according to my (sometimes fallable) logic, a price increase would be on the cards.

I have to admit that I have not yet used products from Solutions. From what I read they are cleaning well. However, it would be interesting to hear from others about residues. Recently I have spoken with two well respected colleagues who have tried Solutions but reverted back to One Step. The one cleaner had carried out the traditional residue test ie. left some mixed solution in a saucer to evaporate. The results he told me was that the Solutions brand was turning lightly sticky as it dried whereas the One Step brand just crystalised. Upon completion of drying, both brands were crystalised. Has anybody else out there carried out this test and achieved the same results? Obviously, if I were to use this alternative brand to One Step, this is one of the things I would need to do to satisfy myself.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Phil Marlor

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2004, 10:35:35 pm »
Hi Ken,

I do agree with you with regards to price increases, but 25% to me seems to be just greed, I doubt very much you would increase your prices at those levels.

I managed to buy a big bulk lot of One Step just before the price increase had chance to take effect and paid £60.00 + VAT per 4 X 5L case, now Iam asked to pay £85.00 + VAT.

If I were to increase prices at that level I would be in danger of losing customers.

I also agree that Solutions will I expect  hike their price up once they have reeled enough customers in, its what Insurance companies and business like NTL do.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2004, 11:17:26 pm »
I got bored reading Kens post but I did skip through it and found the exact reverse of 'residues' I broached this subject with another cleaner who used easistep as he thought that the 2 different micro splitting agents he was using  left a small white scum when he rubbed his fingers.

Everyone will have a favourite or as I have posted before will remain loyal to their brand,but if they are very very very simular :-X they should perform in the correct way.

Thanks to another solutions user the normal telelphone number without LINDA LUST premium rate line is

01726 852880 this is normal rate!!!

By the way if Gunther is watching       5 - 1

Shaun

Bob Allen

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2004, 11:44:33 pm »
All this talk of solution & one step we havnt heard from you" NICK SOLUTION" recently1 you were very helpfull last week by the way.
Bob Allen

Dynafoam

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2004, 11:46:53 pm »
Yes Kens' posts do sometimes appear verbose, however if someone takes the time to expand beyond the laconic, and they are making sense, I feel obliged to grant the courtessy of taking the time to read thoroughly - even if I do not fully agree with the content.
(I very often do agree)

Like Shaun, I found the residue test results to be opposed to those cited by Ken. If I had some One-step left I would repeat the test.

I use Solutions Nr. 2 & 4 extensively now and am very happy with their peformance. If One-step performed better, regardless of price (within reason), that would be the product of choice.

As to Karls' comments - I have heard, from trusted sorces, things which contradict SOME of them and confirm others but since I do not have access to full information I prefer not to scrap over the  matter.

However, the words "Own goal" come to mind as this thread expands.

John.

PS.  Shaun - The non-premium number has appeared on all Solutions paperwork I have seen.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2004, 11:56:50 pm »
Who's this Linda Lust I keep getting?

Shaun

Dynafoam

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2004, 12:38:38 am »
Shaun,

Whip me with a scented bootlace and I'll tell you  ;) ;D

John.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2004, 12:41:26 am »
I've only got liquorice ones left!

Shaun

Dynafoam

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2004, 12:53:12 am »
They'll give you agood run for your money  ;D

John.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2004, 12:59:32 am »
If the bottoms dropping out of your life eat some liquorice and your life will drop out of your bottom ;D

Shaun

Dave Parry

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2004, 01:04:11 am »
Settle down boys!! Karl is right and justified in putting his point of view. Wether people believe it is up to them to decide. Its called freedom of speech. With regards to which is best, I agree that it is very difficult for a cleaner to truely compare results. All you can be is objective and give an opinion. Even the same carpet will differ in the amount and type of soiling from one clean to the next. But at the end of the day if the product you use seems to give better results or is easier to use and is cost effective, then that product obviously suits YOUR method of working. Also Chris is not comparing one step with solutions just his Prochem chemicals.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Lee

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2004, 01:08:24 am »
Just wondering..... how many of you guys that are bickering are using Truckmount systems???
I tried one step and found it to be very slow with limited results in comparison to many other detergent based chemicals, such as, Hydradri, Doubleclean and liquid 90.
Just wondering??

rob_s

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2004, 01:10:34 am »
Try Easi-step then draw your conclusions

Regards
           rob-s

Lee

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2004, 01:14:42 am »
Just wondered how many of you bickering guys are running truckmounts?
I tried one step and put it against the best of the rest in our field; ie High Heat, Carpet Clean XL, Hydradri and Double Clean. I found that One step was slow and inferior to them.

Lee

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2004, 01:15:44 am »
appololes for double post.

Lee

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2004, 01:17:22 am »
Easy step is again just not coparable, have you ever pre spraed and the just extracted with water in a Night Club?