Tony Rowley

Couple of questions for Derek West
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:17:38 pm »
Hi Derek hope your well

Wanted to ask you a couple of questions and the reason i am doing it now, possibly to the detriment of my TACCA application is because if my application is declined and i kick up on here people will think its sour grapes (which it wouldnt be because i am too grown up for that).

Firstly, why is it taking so long to have my application reviewed/accepted? surely nearly 2 weeks is a bit long, i mean you can get an answer from your bank manager faster than this.

Secondly, Why have TACCA in the past 3 weeks changed the criteria for joining 3 times? i understand that  it is a work in progress but surely TACCA should be able to make up its mind what it wants its members to have by way of equipment etc and not keep moving the goalposts.

Thirdly, and for me most importantly, who are this group/committee you are fronting? I thought and one of the main reasons i bought into the whole TACCA thing was that i thought it was YOU who was running it, a forward thinking businessman with the drive to try and change things and promote our business/cause, obviously not forever, but starting it and setting it up until the members would vote a committee to run it on the members behalf. So who are they? surely that should be common knowledge?

Regards

Tony   

derek west

Re: Couple of questions for Derek West
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:49:31 pm »
Hi Tony.

ive been dealing with fully completed forms first. thus giving half completed forms a chance to be updated by the applicant before there reviewed.

so for instance, anyone that has not added there insurance policy number, or put next to equipment, "to numerous to mention" ;D, or have not put there website or added any pictures etc... ive left till i have more time to deal with it, all though i have emailed a couple of applicants when ive had a minute or 2 to request this.

secondly, the criteria hasn't been changed from the first facebook chat we had, its just been explained more and more in detail, think we've got it as best we can now, trouble is, its not completely set in stone so its hard to differentiate without putting some people off who may be welcome and enticing people in who may not be welcome. fine line etc.......

the committee was formed to help with applicants i didn't know or have not met, seen, chatted to etc...  if none of the committee has heard of someone then it is thrown to every member to shed light on if the applicant is legit or not.
(this committee is in no way running tacca, the running committee of tacca will be formed in good time)

nothings fool proof but we're trying our best.

if anyone else has other questions then feel free to email me info@tacca.co.uk

hope this answers your querries tony,

Tony Rowley

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 09:04:57 pm »
Derek

So, for instance, i see today on the TACCA ebay listing that I need to have at least one rotary machine, now that was not in the application and is just an example of the changes in criteria you have made. by the way I dont have one, dont think I need one but have acccess to many.....would that fulfill the ctiteria?

So only mates of mates get in staight off the bat?

Mate, you are making a pigs bum of this.

So, no, my questions are not answered, who are the COMMITTEE, WHOM ARE BETTER THAN ME AND THUS DECIDE WETHER I AM WORTHY TO JOIN.

Surely that is clear

Tony

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 12:02:21 am »
Sorry to be brutally honest but if you can't be arsed to spend several hundred quid on a rotary machine, who's to say that you can be arsed to do a proper job cleaning carpets?

You don't think you need one??!!  A rotary is an essential piece of carpet cleaning equipment.  By the way I think has always been the same or very similar in previous incarnations of TACCA's requirements.

Let's remember, this is an association that aims only to present to the buying public those cleaners who are equipped to carry out all aspects of carpet cleaning - surely a requirement that is too fundamental to ignore?

What if you were looking for a builder and found one who could lay bricks but not breeze blocks?

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 12:31:16 am »
Here is an extract of my rejection email from Tacca  ,  I have is pinned on my office wall now.

TACCA is primarily a HOT water extraction association with rotary and mechanical agitation as back up. A lot of the committee agreed that you are a fan of bonneting and all though we recognise bonneting as a very good form of cleaning, we do feel that bonneting is an answer to a problem and shouldn’t be TACCA policy to bonnet everything. Would you not agree with this in principle? If not then TACCA is not for you and I would possibly suggest the LMCCA.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

robert meldrum

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 12:53:48 am »
So there IS a committee !

wynne jones

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 07:41:51 am »
Well TACCA has gone up in my estimation because it has decided what it is going to stand for and not just going after the maximum number of members. That doesn't mean everyone who is rejected is not cleaning carpets correctly nor that TACCA's views are the be all and end all.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

gwrightson

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 07:57:59 am »
hell,
i had around 10 rotarys afew yrs ago,

wish i had kept them.could have made a killing  ;) :)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Tony Rowley

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 08:30:42 am »
Jim

It is your opinion that a rotary is essential for cleaning carpets and for me that is total nonsense, but that's my point, there you go judging me, very close to making an accusation that I do a crap job and you don't even know me. Just because you have loads of equipment and a truckmount doesn't mean you do any better a job than I do.your ego just let's you think your better.

Tony

Tony Rowley

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 08:40:19 am »
Wynne

TACCA has not decided what it stands for, it keeps changing it's criteria, and now it appears that the main man won't answer why even when you point it out and ask him direct questions no answer.

Tony

robert meldrum

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 09:07:08 am »
Tony

Have to agree. This TACCA is now becoming a joke with the tail attempting to wag the dog and beginning to come across as a minority group who think they have the right and the credentials to decide who and what is the acceptable way to carry out carpet cleaning.

For a start...........ownership of any particular type of cleaning machine, or particular chemicals will never guarantee a better result .

Suddenly the use of rotaries has become an issue when the use of such machines has been condemned on a regular basis on this forum.

I look forward to the sudden realisation that the use of o/p machines with the best o/p chemicals is actually superior to h/w/e when done by a fully trained operator with a top clacc machine.

Or maybe the " committee " will look again at the use of natural sponges and consider this to be the " only way ".  For those who don't know this was the Safeclean method.

I'm afraid you've really got ahead of yourself with this Derek and what originally seemed to have potential as a network of like minded individuals is rapidly decending into an ego trip and likely to founder sooner rather than later.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 09:11:15 am »
I am off out now Jim to do another crap clean because I don't have the right gear and don't give an arse about doing a good job!

Tony

mark joyce

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 09:16:59 am »
its easy to get in get a rug doctor its hot water extraction (well if the waters hot) and has a rotary brush system ....................simples  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 09:31:02 am »
It's the same old same old.
Someone gets off his backside for the benefit of the industry which initially gets the thumbs up from everyone. Then one individual get's the hump because he either doesn't like the idea or get's rejected and a sudden hail of criticism gets fired. This then wakes up a few more who weren't initially interested in the idea but find it fit to join in with the criticism.
And you wonder why there is still only one organisation in this country as a representitive body which takes a weekly beating for numerous reasons too many to list, which also has numbers falling......I wonder why???

Tony, do us a favor and slap the url for your website on here so we can see what you are about. The one in your profile doesn't work, I wonder why?

Tony Rowley

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 09:47:47 am »
Neil

Done, I have 3 others do you want those as well?

Your getting this all wrong I thought that TACCA was a good idea because I thought it was Dereks idea and he was running it as I put in my original post.

But you can't keep changing criteria every couple of days to suite yourselves.

And now Jim has decided to personally attack me without basis or foundation.

Tony

jasonl

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:30 am »
As I initially said when Derek first came up with the idea of TACCA , the best  idea would be for a group of like minded, motivated go getter type individuals (Derek etc) with drive and ambition  to join together , campaign  , bring a cohesive plan together and gather enough votes to take over the NCCA  , much less effort and a better idea  than trying to reinvent  what just needs fresh blood.

I admire Dereks  drive and what he has done I just do not feel the resources or skills are there which are needed to make any real difference via TACCA .

BUT  .... Old school NCCA plus younger , fresh blood = massive increase in success.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Helen

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 10:08:02 am »
Before I go on this is NOT directed at anyone personally. ;D Just I can't get my head round some people's way of thinking :)

Why does anyone feel they have to post on a forum (not just this one, could be any)about being refused to join TACCA.

Correct me if I am wrong, but has anyone posted that they were refused by NCCA? I doubt it as they seem to let all and sundry join, with no experience in Carpet Cleaning, just because they can answer a multiple answer tick list and attend a course ???
Surely the TACCA idea of criterias to be met is better than that?
IF YOU ARE A NCCA MEMBER PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENCE, THAT WAS NOT A "PERSONAL" ATTACK ON YOU, JUST MY OWN FINDINGS" :)

EVERY organisation has a criteria to be met and EVERY organisation started somewhen and somewhere......did they get it right at the onset, I doubt it, but then YOU think back to when you started your own business.........who can honestly say they got it right EVERY time. We certainly didn't and we haven't stopped learning yet either!

Tacca will go through many many learning curves as we all have with our own businesses and I am sure Derek is aware the hill he is trying to climb is very steep.
If you have been refused membership, don't take it as a personal slur on YOU, accept it, move on.
If you want to put right what doesn't meet the criteria, then do so and re-apply.
If you don't, it's up to you, carry on with your life and business as before.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 10:26:32 am »
Helen if you read my original post my application has not as yet been rejected, I also state the reason why I asked the questions now.

Tony

jasonl

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 10:32:01 am »
It was my application that was rejected,  i have had a polite phone call from Derek, have accepted it and moved on I still do not agree with the methods used or how TACCA is operated.

What kind of organisation  makes criteria for joining known , and joining procedures  are announced , then not followed , and membership is rejected on heresay and gossip , by an anonymous committee formed over the internet in 2 days?

Is this forum for industry issues to be discussed? Should people know that TACCA is  not competently run ?  Should it be all swept under the carpet ?  Of course not.  Every group needs opposition , and to be accountable , otherwise things descend into communism , or a dictatorship.  So long as things are kept polite and not personal surely anything can be said.

I have made mistakes in my business , of course ,everyone has . The difference is I have never claimed my business to be a national authority on carpet cleaning.

Re the bonnet as a valid system  issue , the most successful EVER cc company  in the uk , was built on this method , cleaning all carpets  using a buffer and pads .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Helen

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 11:11:47 am »
Helen if you read my original post my application has not as yet been rejected, I also state the reason why I asked the questions now.

Tony

Indeed I did read your original post and as mine stated it was not aimed personally at anyone.  :)
What I can't get my head around is why you or anyone else for that matter felt the need to post on a forum, this or any other:

Wanted to ask you a couple of questions and the reason i am doing it now, possibly to the detriment of my TACCA application is because if my application is declined and i kick up on here people will think its sour grapes (which it wouldnt be because i am too grown up for that).
Firstly, why is it taking so long to have my application reviewed/accepted? surely nearly 2 weeks is a bit long,.

Would it not have been better to approach Tacca or whoever directly and keep approaching them until you got an answer.

i mean you can get an answer from your bank manager faster than this

and if you hadn't wouldn't you have contacted him directly until you did? :)