The Jester of Wibbly

I tend to use just one earpiece attached to my phone keeping the other ear free to listen out for things.....

But like to listen to either podcasts or audible books.  Sometimes Spotify playlists if the mood takes me.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Perfect Windows

Re: What do you guys do to help make the hours more pleasurable?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 06:59:05 pm »
Podcasts for me.  In one ear. Treat it like radio - if you miss a bit, you miss a bit. That way you're not fiddling with your phone all the time.

There are some stunningly good podcasts out there if you look for them. With half a million active ones, if you can't find one you love you haven't looked hard enough.

If I need to plough through work, though, I don't listen to anything. It definitely slows you down.

Vin

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 06:59:11 pm »
I have a Bluetooth earpiece and listen to Spotify , it’s free and is awesome 😎
I could never get on with having a wire  attached to my ear , so went for a Bluetooth. I find music motivates me when window cleaning, I usually listen to a workout playlist

zesty

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 07:01:07 pm »
Used to just ‘think’

Now put my bose soindsport wireless headphones in and listen to Spotify  8)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:07:37 pm »
I have a Bluetooth earpiece and listen to Spotify , it’s free and is awesome 😎
I could never get on with having a worker attached to my ear , so went for a Bluetooth. I find music motivates me when window cleaning, I usually listen to a workout playlist

I always have issues with earplugs too.  My ears are so flat they fall out hehe.  But I found bose earphones the cure for me.  They never fall out now but a bit tad expensive.  Bit worth it for me and are great quality.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 07:11:17 pm »
Audible, audio books. My work life has transformed in the last 6 months with it.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 07:20:26 pm »
Audible, audio books. My work life has transformed in the last 6 months with it.

Tip for you.... if you attempt to cancel your audible subscription on the internet you get an option to accept 4 months half price to retain you

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 07:25:52 pm »
I've recently started using Audible too, definitely makes the day better and more enjoyable. Out of interest can you have the app open on 2 seperate devices so my wife could listen to something the same time as me?

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 07:31:04 pm »
I perv on my wife.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 07:31:47 pm »
I've recently started using Audible too, definitely makes the day better and more enjoyable. Out of interest can you have the app open on 2 seperate devices so my wife could listen to something the same time as me?

Yes you can have up to 3 devices running

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 08:06:58 pm »
Work less of them, the less of them I work the more pleasurable the experience!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »
Conference call with another 2-5 window cleaner every day.

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 08:07:57 pm »

Yes you can have up to 3 devices running
thanks

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 09:01:37 pm »
Same as most, in that I only have one ear phone in.
I used to have jusg the blue tooth ear piece but I kept misplacing them. Went through perhaps 3 in a year.
Heaphones, ive used cheap versions and expensive ones and they dont seem to last for me, the wires always break at the jack.
I went through a stage where I used blue tooth ear phones, looping one into my polo top (hole for the button) whilst the other piece was in the ear but then I started to miss the radio and went back to the corded headphones.
Now that i recently changed my phone and have a better mobile data plan I can listen to either digital radio or spotify.  I found that if i listened to stories etc on podcast I would slow down at work and perhaps listen to the podcasts or think about them more than focusing on working and so now its just music
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

davids3511

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 11:03:02 pm »
Yes, I buy credits 15 at a time and my wife and I both log into the same account to use it.

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 11:04:29 pm »
I do this, a very good old friend is a window cleaner in Dublin. We speak most of the day.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 12:18:09 am »
Drink tea, eat biscuits and talk rubbish.
I'm very good at all three.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

mufcglen

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 07:30:47 am »
One of the best things I ever did was get a set of wireless earphones, I bought a set of skull candy Bluetooth buds where the band sits round your neck and it works a treat.
I just listen to radio x or mainly absolute 80s😂
So much better then have to talk to my brain all day🤪

Johnny B

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 10:01:22 am »
Good old fashioned conversation does it for me.

I love chatting with customers, and being in Ireland, even passers by and strangers stop and talk.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 10:23:30 am »
I sometimes sit in my van and write a journal of what's happening, or something fictional that I can type up later; you never know when an idea can be triggered.  Sometimes I take a book or my  Kindle out with me and read a chapter or two while on a break.

P @ F

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 11:59:59 am »
Dont  you get people looking at you funny while you are jabbering away to yourself  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 12:06:20 pm »
I just listen to music via free app which is gettin on my wick a bit now , now and then it just stops which stops me cos i have to faff with the phone to start it up again
Can anybody point me in the direction of a different free app that works please ???

lal

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 12:26:46 pm »

How much do you pay for using Audible ?Thanks
Larry

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 12:35:43 pm »
I just listen to music via free app which is gettin on my wick a bit now , now and then it just stops which stops me cos i have to faff with the phone to start it up again
Can anybody point me in the direction of a different free app that works please ???

Spotify!
Music and podcasts all free , you get an advert every hour or so but it’s the best Iv found

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 01:20:36 pm »

Spotify!
Music and podcasts all free , you get an advert every hour or so but it’s the best Iv found

Just asked my kids if they use this , they told me that they dont as you need to be on your data or wifi hot spot !
Im a baffon with stuff like this , are they right ? , if so how much data would this use in say 5 hours of music ?

Marc Stock

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 01:22:16 pm »
I listen to Google Play. Have a subcription for it. Sometimes i find though after a few days i get earache.

Then i used my larger sony headphones, but they kept getting knocked off my head.

p1w1

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 01:47:18 pm »

Larry
depends on how many credits you want each month, i credit is 1 book.

Shrek

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 01:57:51 pm »

Spotify!

Just asked my kids if they use this , they told me that they dont as you need to be on your data or wifi hot spot !
Im a baffon with stuff like this , are they right ? , if so how much data would this use in say 5 hours of music ?

It does use data , from google search it’s about 40mb an hour. However , I get 3gb a month of data and I use it about 3/4 hours a day and don’t use all my allowance.

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2018, 02:15:17 pm »
Audio files don’t use a huge amount of data. Some images will do and so will video. Apps running in the background use data, you won’t be aware of this at all,  it just email but all sorts of apps, using your phones GPS and location data etc.

Shrek

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2018, 02:30:03 pm »
Audio files don’t use a huge amount of data. Some images will do and so will video. Apps running in the background use data, you won’t be aware of this at all,  it just email but all sorts of apps, using your phones GPS and location data etc.

Good point , before I leave the house I turn everything off except Spotify and WhatsApp

lal

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2018, 02:41:19 pm »

Larry

Thanks for your reply.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2018, 06:43:29 pm »
Dont  you get people looking at you funny while you are jabbering away to yourself  ;D

Yeah get lots of funny looks but it's such a laugh throughout the day.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2018, 07:40:55 pm »

+1

davids3511

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 07:41:10 pm »

Larry

Thanks for your reply.
It's £7.99 a month for one book a month. I believe there is a silver subscription but you have to ring them to ask for it, 1 book every two months. I buy extra credits on ebay, its far cheaper than doing it through Audible.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2018, 07:44:23 pm »
I also splashed out on a hi res audio player and quality headphones,  I use Tidal and download albums for offline listening
I can then listen to my 70's prog in all its glory
what a chill out my workday is😁😁😁😁

KS Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2018, 08:43:21 pm »
One of the best things I ever did was get a set of wireless earphones, I bought a set of skull candy Bluetooth buds where the band sits round your neck and it works a treat.
I just listen to radio x or mainly absolute 80s😂
So much better then have to talk to my brain all day🤪
My cousin is a presenter on radio x... but think he has a night time slot.

nathankaye

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:11 pm »

Spotify!

It does use data , from google search it’s about 40mb an hour. However , I get 3gb a month of data and I use it about 3/4 hours a day and don’t use all my allowance.

You also have the option to go premium, first month free. Its a tenner a month but you can store your play list and listen to it whilst working without the need of wifi/mobile data.
For the amount of variety you get on spotify, I think its worth it. It saves fumblng for your phone when the small advert comes on offering you the chance of watching a small advert for 30mins uninterrupted music
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2018, 07:42:16 pm »
So  , i got Spotify today after nearly launching my phone in the air due to the nasty app i was using !

I just checked the usage and it appears that i am going to either bolt on more gigs or go premium to build playlists for offline .

Only problem is ........How the hell do you get it , i have tried via the app but it doesnt allow access to get it  ??? ??? ???

Shrek

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2018, 08:07:58 pm »
I was actually going to update you on the usage at the end of the month on what I use with Spotify but couldn’t find the thread lol
From the beginning of the month , using it for around 4 hrs a day , so far Iv used 1.3gb of data. With giffgaff , I get 4gb a month for £12 , so it easily does me without going premium

P @ F

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2018, 09:53:30 pm »
 ??? ??? ???
I switched mine on at 1 today and in 3 hours i used a quarter of a gig !
So if i had done monday to friday at 3 hour a day since the start of the month i would be up to 3.5 gig by now !

How many days have you worked at 4 hours since the start of the month , i must be getting raped for my data  :o

Shrek

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2018, 10:23:32 pm »
That’s so strange , it’s been on for about 16 days now  ???
Iv not reset the usage on my phone so I could see what I was using all month and it says 1.3gb for Spotify so far

nathankaye

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2018, 10:34:06 pm »
If youve got spotify already, then you upgrade through either the settings or through your library.
Cant remember which, or waitfor the advert to come on giving you 30free days on premium and click the link.

This month it was my birthday, so it gave me 2 months free trial on premium yippee!
 ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2018, 10:46:18 pm »
The trouble is that o2 want a stupid amount from me to upgrade the gigs , have never really used it until now so i have only ever gone for 1 gig to keep the tariff low , so it might pay me to go premium and build the playlists as i say , i am assuming these playlist are working offline , if not im wasting my time and money ?

nathankaye

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2018, 10:57:19 pm »
The trouble is that o2 want a stupid amount from me to upgrade the gigs , have never really used it until now so i have only ever gone for 1 gig to keep the tariff low , so it might pay me to go premium and build the playlists as i say , i am assuming these playlist are working offline , if not im wasting my time and money ?

Yep, you can download them in your play list and listen off line and ad free.
You get thirty free days anyway so if you don't like it you can cancel before it expires and takes payment for the next month
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

DeLuce

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2018, 10:57:51 pm »
I used to use wired earphones and listened to the radio or music I'd downloaded to my sd card, but I was going through the wires pretty quickly!!
I bought some Bluetooth headset and they've been excellent for accepting calls, listening to music, usually my own cd collections. BTW, if you like prog rock or a bit of psychedelic rock, check out : Assemble Head in Sunburst Sound.  ;D

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2018, 05:42:04 am »
The picture this thread paints is a dystopian nightmare

P @ F

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2018, 07:50:23 am »
The picture this thread paints is a dystopian nightmare
in inglish please  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2018, 08:05:55 am »
i prefer talking to my customers or just enjoying the peace and quiet when working.ive hammered my hearing with clubbing,gigs and drumming when i was younger so the last thing i want to do is listen to music through headphones!now when i play drums (whether its rehearsing or gigging) i always wear ear protection these days.....

i have tried to listen to podcasts,radio,music etc when out and about before and i didnt like it.i like to be fully aware of my surroundings plus i like to chat to people(whether there customers or not!) :)
price higher/work harder!

andyM

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2018, 08:08:09 am »

I would say 1gb is too low if you are streaming.
You will need at least 2gb +.
And turn off all unnecessary apps that are draining your data allowance.
One of the Plebs

andyM

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2018, 08:10:16 am »
i prefer talking to my customers or just enjoying the peace and quiet when working.ive hammered my hearing with clubbing,gigs and drumming when i was younger so the last thing i want to do is listen to music through headphones!now when i play drums (whether its rehearsing or gigging) i always wear ear protection these days.....

i have tried to listen to podcasts,radio,music etc when out and about before and i didnt like it.i like to be fully aware of my surroundings plus i like to chat to people(whether there customers or not!) :)

I just put one earphone in Daz, so I can listen to music and still have a conversation when required.

One of the Plebs

nathankaye

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2018, 08:14:13 am »

I use these blue tooth headphones, so I can just have one in the ear and they are good for receiving calls etc as well. No wires getting in the way, allowing you to work freely and be aware of your surroundings etc. Or if a customers engages in conversation i can just pop it out of my ear to give full attention etc.
I find if i dont listen to music I have that much on my mind that I end up slowing down whilst I think about the many things occupying it

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2018, 08:28:39 am »
i like to let my mind wander freely nathan.it allows me time for reflection and forward planning...... ;D

yesterday on my last job of the day (this particular customers garden backs onto glorious large country fields)and there was just one lone horse grazing away in the sunshine so i stopped for 5 mins enjoying the view.....i felt very happy and peaceful and my mind was crystal clear.......
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2018, 08:37:21 am »
i like to let my mind wander freely nathan.it allows me time for reflection and forward planning...... ;D

yesterday on my last job of the day (this particular customers garden backs onto glorious large country fields)and there was just one lone horse grazing away in the sunshine so i stopped for 5 mins enjoying the view.....i felt very happy and peaceful and my mind was crystal clear.......
Unlike the glass you left  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2018, 09:15:32 am »
Did you try getting on the horse and riding off into the sunset ya cowboy  ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2018, 10:35:15 am »
Did you try getting on the horse and riding off into the sunset ya cowboy  ;)
;D ;D

robbo333

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2018, 10:55:23 pm »
I don’t listen to anything while I’m working, I’m quite content being in my own little world.
Having said that I’d quite like to learn Spanish, so I’ll see what I can download.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Missing Link

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2018, 11:26:20 pm »
I work with Wor Lass.

It doesn't get more pleasurable than that.

For the past fifteen years. :'(
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

koopmaster

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2018, 10:06:20 pm »
Bone conducting Bluetooth earphones and my music..

Shrek

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2018, 07:49:57 pm »

Iv used around 1.6gb of data on Spotify this month 👍

P @ F

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2018, 08:51:16 pm »
I did a few tests on usage last week , I was using 60mb an hour on music , so i will get about 15 hours for the month with a Gig .
At the mo im just jumping between the 2 apps through the day and building playlists on the app that can be used offline , i reckon i will up the tariff to 3 Gig and that will more than cover me

Shrek

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2018, 08:59:36 pm »
I did a few tests on usage last week , I was using 60mb an hour on music , so i will get about 15 hours for the month with a Gig .
At the mo im just jumping between the 2 apps through the day and building playlists on the app that can be used offline , i reckon i will up the tariff to 3 Gig and that will more than cover me

I’m with giffgaff- 4gb data + 1gb data extra if you run out for free , unlimited calls & unlimited txts = £12 a month , been with them for years  :)

P @ F

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2018, 09:42:21 pm »
Im stuck with the O2 goons for now !
Mind you i could still go with giff gaff at that price and pay O2 their £24 and still pay less than upping the tariff with O2  ;)