The Jester of Wibbly

I tend to use just one earpiece attached to my phone keeping the other ear free to listen out for things.....

But like to listen to either podcasts or audible books.  Sometimes Spotify playlists if the mood takes me.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Perfect Windows

Re: What do you guys do to help make the hours more pleasurable?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 06:59:05 pm »
Podcasts for me.  In one ear. Treat it like radio - if you miss a bit, you miss a bit. That way you're not fiddling with your phone all the time.

There are some stunningly good podcasts out there if you look for them. With half a million active ones, if you can't find one you love you haven't looked hard enough.

If I need to plough through work, though, I don't listen to anything. It definitely slows you down.

Vin

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 06:59:11 pm »
I have a Bluetooth earpiece and listen to Spotify , it’s free and is awesome 😎
I could never get on with having a wire  attached to my ear , so went for a Bluetooth. I find music motivates me when window cleaning, I usually listen to a workout playlist

zesty

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 07:01:07 pm »
Used to just ‘think’

Now put my bose soindsport wireless headphones in and listen to Spotify  8)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 07:07:37 pm »
I have a Bluetooth earpiece and listen to Spotify , it’s free and is awesome 😎
I could never get on with having a worker attached to my ear , so went for a Bluetooth. I find music motivates me when window cleaning, I usually listen to a workout playlist

I always have issues with earplugs too.  My ears are so flat they fall out hehe.  But I found bose earphones the cure for me.  They never fall out now but a bit tad expensive.  Bit worth it for me and are great quality.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 07:11:17 pm »
Audible, audio books. My work life has transformed in the last 6 months with it.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 07:20:26 pm »
Audible, audio books. My work life has transformed in the last 6 months with it.

Tip for you.... if you attempt to cancel your audible subscription on the internet you get an option to accept 4 months half price to retain you

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 07:25:52 pm »
I've recently started using Audible too, definitely makes the day better and more enjoyable. Out of interest can you have the app open on 2 seperate devices so my wife could listen to something the same time as me?

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 07:31:04 pm »
I perv on my wife.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 07:31:47 pm »
I've recently started using Audible too, definitely makes the day better and more enjoyable. Out of interest can you have the app open on 2 seperate devices so my wife could listen to something the same time as me?

Yes you can have up to 3 devices running

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 08:06:58 pm »
Work less of them, the less of them I work the more pleasurable the experience!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »
Conference call with another 2-5 window cleaner every day.

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 08:07:57 pm »

Yes you can have up to 3 devices running
thanks

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 09:01:37 pm »
Same as most, in that I only have one ear phone in.
I used to have jusg the blue tooth ear piece but I kept misplacing them. Went through perhaps 3 in a year.
Heaphones, ive used cheap versions and expensive ones and they dont seem to last for me, the wires always break at the jack.
I went through a stage where I used blue tooth ear phones, looping one into my polo top (hole for the button) whilst the other piece was in the ear but then I started to miss the radio and went back to the corded headphones.
Now that i recently changed my phone and have a better mobile data plan I can listen to either digital radio or spotify.  I found that if i listened to stories etc on podcast I would slow down at work and perhaps listen to the podcasts or think about them more than focusing on working and so now its just music
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

davids3511

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 11:03:02 pm »
Yes, I buy credits 15 at a time and my wife and I both log into the same account to use it.

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 11:04:29 pm »
Conference call with another 2-5 window cleaner every day.
I do this, a very good old friend is a window cleaner in Dublin. We speak most of the day.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 12:18:09 am »
Drink tea, eat biscuits and talk rubbish.
I'm very good at all three.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

mufcglen

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 07:30:47 am »
One of the best things I ever did was get a set of wireless earphones, I bought a set of skull candy Bluetooth buds where the band sits round your neck and it works a treat.
I just listen to radio x or mainly absolute 80s😂
So much better then have to talk to my brain all day🤪

Johnny B

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 10:01:22 am »
Good old fashioned conversation does it for me.

I love chatting with customers, and being in Ireland, even passers by and strangers stop and talk.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 10:23:30 am »
I sometimes sit in my van and write a journal of what's happening, or something fictional that I can type up later; you never know when an idea can be triggered.  Sometimes I take a book or my  Kindle out with me and read a chapter or two while on a break.