jasonl

Re: C.L.E.A.N Entrance Examination
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 05:21:20 pm »
What is the best method to clean ANY carpet.

A. TM

B. Porty

C.  Host

D. Buffer/dirt swirler

E) who gives a flying faaaa laaa laa la laaa la laaa la
F) mop and bucket, theres more profit and tha customer doesn't know any better ;D

G) Dereks new  bowser pressure washer(drying times may be slow though)
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Phillip Mold

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 03:46:47 pm »
The exam will take place on Saturday the 10th at the Fenton Manor Sports Centre at 3pm for those wishing to take the exam. Please note that will be no charge for entering and you will not be obligated to join C.L.E.A.N just because you are taking the exam. Those that pass will be invited to join as "Founder Members" and if joining will be listed on the website with this status for as long as they are a member.

The exam will be, for the most part, a multiple choice set of questions including technical, scientific, practical and even administrative subject matter. There will also be some questions that have multiple point answers. Some of the questions may seem very difficult and you may think impossible to answer but this is more for our benefit to understand the gaps that are missing as a whole.

For those arriving later there will be a second opportunity to take the exam at 6pm which will be at the hotel.

There will also be provision for those that can't make the CCDO to take the exam on a more local level but this will be communicated at a later date and to those who have asked for this.

Pete"

So what about those of us who now cannot attend on the Saturday, but had intended to do it on the CCDO day, the Sunday?
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 06:05:14 pm »

There will also be provision for those that can't make the CCDO to take the exam on a more local level but this will be communicated at a later date and to those who have asked for this.

Pete"

So what about those of us who now cannot attend on the Saturday, but had intended to do it on the CCDO day, the Sunday?

The first paragraph quoted answers your question Philip - the exam was always scheduled for the saturday, sunday is the ccdo.

Steve

Glynn

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 09:45:47 pm »
So if your'e coming from down south or up north for that matter to do the exam you have no choice but  stay in the hotel for the night so as to attend the CCDO the next day, either that or travel all the way home after the exam. Why not let people take the exam on the CCDO and save people all that extra expense? Better still let people take the exam at home and submit by post? What happens if you don‚t pass the exam? Do you have to do the clean training course and then retake the exam and what is the cost of that? Is the exam deliberately weighted to fail as many as possible to take up training places? That may be an unfair question but in order to be fair to the entrants has the paper been independently scrutinised to make sure it is fair given the likely skills of the entrants?
Regards
Glynn

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 10:07:23 pm »
Glynn

The CCDO is for those wanting to learn "without other attachment" and and looking to give to (rather than damage) a good cause.

Why don't you take the exam and see for yourself rather than making unqualified, pre-concieved judgements. You could alwways get someone else to take it for you ;) I believe they call him the "unknown soldier".

Derek Walker gave me £100 in cash today to the John Gregory fund and did'nt want it to be mentioned. Thats a gent in the true form. How much will you and Simon be contributing?

Pete

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 10:11:04 pm »
Come on Glynn, you must have read enough about CLEAN from this and other forums to get an idea by now what this is all about.

Call it an exam if you must although I prefer the words 'Knowledge check' as the whole idea was to allow those with enough basic knowledge to show that they know what they are doing out there on the streets.

There's already an organisation out there that allows those with zero knowledge or previous experience of carpet cleaning, to attend a 2 day course, tick the right boxes and boast on their own websites that they are expert carpet cleaners. I know because I have one around here.

Read my second paragraph for a true test of those who know what they are doing, and not what they are saying.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »
Sorry, but being the eldest son I'm not missing my dads 80th birthday meal, which I've organised  for 60 relatives, driving 70/80 miles each way and paying for a hotel for a multiple test for an unproven exam.

I'll be there on the Sunday, still hoping for an interesting day out.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

elliott cleaning

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:44 am »

............'Derek Walker gave me £100 in cash today to the John Gregory fund and did'nt want it to be mentioned.

All credit to Derek for his donation - no credit to you Pete for not respecting Derek's wish ???

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 07:25:56 am »
 ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 08:31:14 am »
I'm happy that the exam isn't on CCDO day, I'm rubbish at "Knowledge Tests" with a stinking hangover ;D

Glynn, I'm having to travel from Cornwall to do the exam because that's "MY CHOICE", no one's holding a gun to my head, I want to do it... If I fall short in the exam, I'll learn from it and do it again until I do pass! Life's as simple or as complicated as you wish to make it!!!!! Peace Brother :)

JandS

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 09:16:44 am »
So why complicate it by travelling all that way and taking an exam that means, lets
face it, sod all.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

derek west

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 09:31:54 am »
So if your'e coming from down south or up north for that matter to do the exam you have no choice but  stay in the hotel for the night so as to attend the CCDO the next day, either that or travel all the way home after the exam. Why not let people take the exam on the CCDO and save people all that extra expense? Better still let people take the exam at home and submit by post? What happens if you don‚t pass the exam? Do you have to do the clean training course and then retake the exam and what is the cost of that? Is the exam deliberately weighted to fail as many as possible to take up training places? That may be an unfair question but in order to be fair to the entrants has the paper been independently scrutinised to make sure it is fair given the likely skills of the entrants?

i think you can choose to read glyns post in an anti clean way, like a complaint to the bbc style voice, or you can read it as a polite inquisitive multiple question type way, he even accepts that some of his questioning is unfair.
i get tricky customers who ask difficult questions, some relevant, some not, but i choose to answer as best as possible to sway them to my way of thinking rather than take offence by them. i think clean need to take a step back, 3 deep breathes and a chuckle to relax, and then set about getting people on there side rather than forcing them further away. difficult or near impossible? maybe. but theres a lot of fence sitters out there who see these awkward questions as relevant.
just my views on the thread and subject, take it or leave it, just don't have a cow over it. ;)

Colin Day

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 12:01:51 pm »
So why complicate it by travelling all that way and taking an exam that means, lets
face it, sod all.

John

Means Sod all??? That's just your opinion which is fair enough. I've been in support of CLEAN and want to join which is, again, my choice! I'm travelling up that day anyhow and it will mean setting off an hour or 2 earlier. So there's nothing complicated about it now, is there?

Neil Grainger

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 03:29:32 pm »
I will arrive just before 5 on Sat but will not take the exam because the football is on. Football, Work in that order. If their is another time to take it then I will.

Looking forward to CCDO though

Karen Waterworth

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 03:34:43 pm »
Glynn

The CCDO is for those wanting to learn "without other attachment" and and looking to give to (rather than damage) a good cause.

Pete

How dare you Mr Sweeny, Why have you asked that question? About contributing and implying Glynn is damaging a good cause. What people do or don’t give to any good cause is up to them. The way you have put it, implies anyone that does not turn up on Sunday are crap because they haven’t contributed.
This topic was about the exam, which you are advertising on this forum.  Glynn’s question raised a point about the extra cost involved with having to stay over. Plus like you pointed out the CCDO day (Sunday) will be a teaching and learning day so makes sense to have the exam at the end Sunday. Valid point don’t you think.
And just to make one thing clear before all of the usual people start typing away and trying to make my post anti clean. I AM NOT AGAINST CLEAN, am I clear.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 03:43:48 pm »
Hi Neil,

Yes we will make provision for you and others and as local to you as is possible.

See you up there.

Pete

Colin Day

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 04:14:58 pm »
Neil, my drinking buddy is called Matthew Grainger and he "always" gets the first round in, which is rare for a Yorkshireman he tells me..... You got to keep up the family traditions mate ;D

Neil Grainger

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 04:32:05 pm »
Do we have to buy our own drinks.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 05:05:59 pm »
All I have to say on the matter is the CHAT must be great in the Waterworth household ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D around cleaning up time

You clean it.... no way you said clean am no doing that  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Karen Waterworth

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 06:57:14 pm »
Glynn

Why don't you take the exam and see for yourself rather than making unqualified, pre-concieved judgements. You could alwways get someone else to take it for you ;) I believe they call him the "unknown soldier".

Derek Walker gave me £100 in cash today to the John Gregory fund and did'nt want it to be mentioned. Thats a gent in the true form. How much will you and Simon be contributing?

Pete

James123, Ha, Ha, grow up.

Mr Sweeney
The reply to Glynn’s post is bang out of order.  Also Mr Sweeney you suggested Glynn gets someone else to sit the exam for him. Ok the way I read that is, Mr Sweeney is implying Glynn is dishonest and or an incapable cc, who the h*ll does he think he is.
Then to write about Derek’s donation, when Derek has asked it not to be mentioned.
Does that mean you are not to be trusted Mr Sweeney?