gwrightson

would you charge?
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:54:17 pm »
i am cleaning a custys carpets this evening  £140, but I am thinking I will offer the service for free :'(

The custy owns a large company localy, and has 14,000 sq ft of office space which he informs me he has cleaned regularly by service master, and from what he describes they are using bonnet system.

asked, why he was using servicemaster for the offices and offered me his home carpets, his reply was he just left the office side to his staff, however he did say he will be happy for me to price the offices and certainly let me have the contract if the price was right. I have offered him a demo for the offices which he is happy about.
Now , do you think i should clean his own carpets for free, as a sweetner and mention a free clean for his home is available everytime the office is cleaned, or wait untill I have the contract in my pocket before doing such favours.
before anybody suggests , he may just plump for the free clean , i do know he was perfectly happy at my pricing, infact initially he rang and requested i go clean his carpets with out even asking a price, so i do get the feeling he would not be after freebies but ,afterall it may help

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

markpowell

Re: would you charge?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 03:08:36 pm »
NO, NO, NO make sure you charge for the house clean make sure you do the best job you possibly can dont cut any corners. when you have the office contract then start offering freebies now and then ;)
Mark

from edge2edge

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:13:44 pm »
Geoff i agree with mark.I think the business man can probably see the financial benefit of using you for his business so should be well happy to pay you the £140.Do a top job then when he would like his commercial business doing.Alan (swindon)

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 03:17:12 pm »
I agree with Mark
You already offered to do a demo clean of his offices
Do the reception area (depending on sizeobviously) as its usually the worst.
Impress him with that + as you are doing his home to a high standard you will win him over.

markpowell

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 03:24:53 pm »
Joe just having a look at your website it looks ideal for what i am looking for, would you mind letting me know the price you paid, cheers mate MArk

Gerry Styles

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 03:30:40 pm »
No. Charge for all work you do.  Even if you do a top job on his house there is no guarantee that you will get his offices.  Do Tesco give free beans on a first shop?????????
Premier Klean Limited

gwrightson

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 03:38:53 pm »
ok,

charge i will , was just a thought

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

prodry

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 04:46:09 pm »
Offer to make the receipt out to his company name. So he can claim it  back from Darling.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 05:34:01 pm »
Mark Powell
you have personal email

markpowell

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 05:37:41 pm »
Cheers Joe its greatly appreciated
Mark

lands

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 06:53:33 pm »
Just to add to previous, your also under valuing your service which may come across (if noy meant) as a bit desperate.

*paul_moss

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 06:57:39 pm »
Charge what you have quoted but do the best job you have ever done in your life ;)
Then go and do the demo and make sure the result is out standing,then price as you would normally ( forget about service master or what price they are charging) if they like your services they will choose you.

Be very very profesional from start to finish and I bet you get the lot  ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 09:01:08 pm »
just got back from the job,

No need for demo, although I did explain  I would be using a different system , and he has offered me the work. :)

so all in all a good evenings work

geoff.
ps. pete, I can see your theory, and in hindsight you are perhaps correct in the assumption.