Martin OBrien

Flyers / leaflets
« on: April 04, 2020, 03:08:11 pm »
Would anyone have any thoughts on a leaflet / flyer , looking for what you have tried in the past.. what works and doesn't work, what do you do on yours.. a lot of text, lots of pictures.?? Big, small..??
Any help would be very much appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Martin..

Mike Halliday

Re: Flyers / leaflets
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 06:17:31 pm »
Here are some good examples   this company also does design & printing

https://www.cheapleaflets.net/latest-work/leaflets-samples-gallery.html

Searching google images also can give you some good ideas
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Martin OBrien

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 08:41:00 pm »
Thanks Mike...👍

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 09:29:28 pm »
Don't try putting too much on your flyer. You could spend alot on them and in reality most will go straight in the recycling bin. Put your business name, services provided,contact details, website if you have one and maybe a few photos. I don't believe in creating all singing dancing flyers, just for them to ne binned
 When I did my training I was told the first time you flyer an area, 90% of them will gp straight in the bin, The remaining 10% some will be put in a drawer" for future reference" and some will act straight away and call you.

Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 08:02:07 am »
The  success of leaflets is more about the reliable delivery & the amount. A good basic leaflet will get results if enough people see it.

It’s a bit of a quandary what makes a leaflet successful, I’ve used leaflets for years and have made some huge mistakes (spelling mistakes, WRONG PHONE NUMBER!, text missing of the side because I didn't leave enough room for cutting.  Photos blurry etc...etc) but I still had to put them out as I was skint and couldn’t afford to buy some more....... but still they brought in work!

I’ve had people ring me to tell me I had a mistake on the leaflet and still ask for a quote.

So get your delivery sorted and plan on delivering 1000s :)

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 05:06:50 pm »
And emphasise you are local not a national company.
Don't put too much on.
You should be able to read all of it in 10 seconds.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Martin OBrien

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 02:55:20 am »
Don't try putting too much on your flyer. You could spend alot on them and in reality most will go straight in the recycling bin. Put your business name, services provided,contact details, website if you have one and maybe a few photos. I don't believe in creating all singing dancing flyers, just for them to ne binned
 When I did my training I was told the first time you flyer an area, 90% of them will gp straight in the bin, The remaining 10% some will be put in a drawer" for future reference" and some will act straight away and call you.
Thank you Rich... 👍

Martin OBrien

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 03:00:10 am »
The  success of leaflets is more about the reliable delivery & the amount. A good basic leaflet will get results if enough people see it.

It’s a bit of a quandary what makes a leaflet successful, I’ve used leaflets for years and have made some huge mistakes (spelling mistakes, WRONG PHONE NUMBER!, text missing of the side because I didn't leave enough room for cutting.  Photos blurry etc...etc) but I still had to put them out as I was skint and couldn’t afford to buy some more....... but still they brought in work!

I’ve had people ring me to tell me I had a mistake on the leaflet and still ask for a quote.

Thanks Mike... i was planning on about 10,000 a month to start me off , I've been told that if you put out 1000 then you should get 1 job from it..?? Maybe 2 if your lucky.??

Martin OBrien

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 03:01:58 am »
And emphasise you are local not a national company.
Don't put too much on.
You should be able to read all of it in 10 seconds.
Short and sweet then.. .. thanks for your help..👍

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 06:54:58 am »

Thanks Mike... i was planning on about 10,000 a month to start me off , I've been told that if you put out 1000 then you should get 1 job from it..?? Maybe 2 if your lucky.??

10k is a good number but if they get put out by a company who puts another 2-3 leaflets with it then the result will massively drop.

I do solo delivery and guess I get about 3-4 calls,  1 call straight away  then the other 3 over the next 6 months

Martin OBrien

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 09:21:54 pm »

10k is a good number but if they get put out by a company who puts another 2-3 leaflets with it then the result will massively drop.

I do solo delivery and guess I get about 3-4 calls,  1 call straight away  then the other 3 over the next 6 months

Thanks for the advice... 👍 solo delivery it is...

Paul Clapham

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 01:15:20 pm »
I'm not really sure if solo delivery makes that much difference, if the homeowner is out at work all day and come's home to 3 flyers each "solo"  delivered,  he /she has still had 3 flyers posted through their door to read /look at ...…….

This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 03:20:43 pm »
What’s the odds of 3 solo leaflet Arriving on the same day, it might happen but not often,

more likely they get a charity bag and junk mail with their normal mail  delivered  by their postman, so your leaflet get lost in the skew of mail. But it’s just the risk you have to take