joe34

Worth changing?
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:35:22 am »
Hi,

I've had my website for a while now but thinking I want to change a few things .
I work on my own for two to three days a week and I have a guy come in to help me with the window cleaning /cleaning on the other few days.

When you read through my website ,especially with the carpet cleaning part it says one of trained experts will come and do your upholstery and carpet cleaning.

Do you think this is worth changing as most of the time it's just me ,and a lot of my window cleaning customers know it's just me or sometimes two of us .Does it sound abit  like b@#l sh@t?

Mike Halliday

Re: Worth changing?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:51 am »
Compared to the customer you are a trained expert, so why change it.

Plus you are assuming  that only your window cleaning customers read your website, the people that know you as a 'window cleaner' ......what about everybody else.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

joe34

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:36:09 am »
Yes I see what you mean ,I think the thing I was thinking is a lot of the time through the site ive put "we" or one of our experts will come round,when really im a one man band a lot of the time.

Do you think it's worth making yourself sound bigger than you actually are?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:33:11 am »
For the domestic market I think the owner/operator one man band is preferred, if you are aiming for commercial then perhaps portraying a bigger image might be preferable, but to be honest I don't think it makes a great deal of difference.

I always go for smaller companies when ever I use a service because I think they will be cheaper as  they don't have premises or staff.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Harper

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 08:45:31 am »
joe34

its one thing saying something but you need proof and showing prospects how your training is so much more better than the next guy.  list your memberships and courses show proof of passing tests. your work is also your business star show prospects what your  skill can do with images and videos. paint that perfect picture their minds of the outcome of using you.

jasonl

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 09:04:13 am »
My website shows Jason , the friendly guy who will call round and carry out a great job at a fair price, honest and upfront, nearly every new customer says they called because of this image, and often remark that obvious one man bands pretending to be big turns them off.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings